Wintertrax just arrived......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

had my yaktrax 3 years now (since QVC first started them) got some wintertrax too now so I can have some in the car and some in the house (my and mr blarf split the pack which is impressive as he's an 8 and I'm a 5)

I'm interested in these... but would like to get them for both me and OH. Only he's a size 12 and I think they say "up to a size 11-ish". Has anyone tried them on size 12 trainers and do they still fit please...?

Thanks in advance!

I'm interested in these... but would like to get them for both me and OH. Only he's a size 12 and I think they say "up to a size 11-ish". Has anyone tried them on size 12 trainers and do they still fit please...?

Thanks in advance!

Hello Anso, they do fit size 12 trainers, but not bulky shoes if you know what I mean?
I have to wear a certain pair of shoes for work if I'm going to be spending any time in the warehouse and the Winter -Trax don't fit them.

Hello Anso, they do fit size 12 trainers, but not bulky shoes if you know what I mean?
I have to wear a certain pair of shoes for work if I'm going to be spending any time in the warehouse and the Winter -Trax don't fit them.

Thank you!

I'm almost wishing for some snow so I can try mine out. On second thoughts,maybe not!

We're onto our 3rd lot!!!! Only one pair has broken when my OH tried to stretch a pair over his HUGE size 10 clodhoppers and broke them. Others are going strong. I wouldn't be without them have a pair in my handbag now and a pair in my car - would hate to be caught out. I have a fear of falling and help me go out - apart from work wouldn't go out at all when icey/snowy.

We used to have a store called Manorgrove in our town back in the 80's and they sold discounted lines. I got myself about four pairs of these Trax things then. Grey they were not black but they worked in exactly the same way and they were the springy ones not they spikey ones.

Can't find them anywhere though so I now have the Wintertrax.

I tore a muscle in my thigh last year when I fell. It was snowy but I fell down the ****** stairs at home so wintertrax wouldn't have saved me! I was pretty much housebound for a couple of weeks and I must admit the thought of slipping again doesn't fill me with joy. It didn't heal properly and even a year on my leg aches if I walk a lot or do too much of certain exercises.

When I did it I couldn't walk the few feet from the bottom of the stairs to the sofa. And my first attempt at the stairs had me in tears and took three goes. So I've got my wintertrax. Now all I need are carpettrax and I'll be safe!

I am very accident probe though.

Haven't read all this post so it might have been said earlier so apologies if it has, but Wintertrax are cheaper than Le Q in the Pavers shop in the Lowry Outlet Mall in Salford Quays for anyone who goes there. There is also a new MBT shoe outlet (very pricey on QVC), opened very recently.

They are £10.50 for one pair on the Pavers website - were they much cheaper in the outlet? At least le Q price is for 2 pairs and comes down the more you buy, p&p goes up though.

They are £10.50 for one pair on the Pavers website - were they much cheaper in the outlet? At least le Q price is for 2 pairs and comes down the more you buy, p&p goes up though.

£9 each last week in the outlet. I got two pairs. (£22.20 for 2 on QVC inc P&P)

If anyone lives near a Costco they sell something similar in there for a tenner for two pairs. I got some for the parents last year and bought some more this year for us.

I bought a twin pack of the Costco ones. Haven't had a chance to try them out yet, but no doubt it won't be long now ...

I know Wintertrax are brilliant- I have some myself- and they must make shedloads of money for Q. However I am heartily sick of seeing them on air. They seem to be featuring them on every other show at the moment. They'll be flogging them on jewellry shows next, perhaps studded with a bit of eek!

Latest posts

Back