woman who sells diet chef looks fatter

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lynnieb

Registered Shopper
over the last few times she's been on, she seems to be getting fatter to me. no wonder she sits down!!

It just goes to show that this kind of diet (i.e. low calorie diet, but no regard to nutrients) is not very sustainable long term. You can't eat DC for the rest of your life. It'll bring the weight down during the time you are restricting the calories, but as soon as you start to 'live' again without the pre prepared DC food, you are likely to slip up to the old ways.

I tried before on my own and lost 2 St by eating ‘clean’, bodybuilder's diet: porridge/egg whites/chicken, veg, sweet potatoes, rice, little bit of good fat with every meal, etc. I also went to the gym 4-5 times a week. I looked great, felt so much lighter and better, but suddenly few months down the line I started slipping up and then having second helpings of the 'forbidden' stuff etc. Before long I was back to where I began.
It's sooooo HARD to keep your eye on the plain foods in small portions all the time, especially as you need to have it prepared in advance so you don't get tempted to cheat. Also it often means cooking two separate meals for you and family. Busy family life with all that planning, preparation and hard work at the gym can only last for so long.
I think moderation is the key, but I am still trying to grab hold of MY key!
If anyone is interested about the above type of 'clean diet', few years ago I accidently stumbled on bodybuilding.com. There are some impressive transformations (but some ladies take it tad too far IMO, but hey is their body!). Here is a link to all the transformation stories if you are interested:http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/trans_f.htm.:muscle:

I once lost loads of weight at Slimming World but it ruled my life and I don't think it was too good for my mental health as I got a bit obsessive and it seemed to take over my every waking hour. Now am even fatter than pre Slimming World,!! guess it has to be a way of life and i just can't do that. I am trying to work out my own plan, so am going to d things lilke stop the week night wine drinking, walk more and go swimming. I am of the opinion that a few adjustments to food intake and life style are more helpful and easier to sustain.

I have been trying slimming world for a few weeks and also feel it can get obsessive and think at times I have felt quite down, must be bad as OH said to eat something nice as I was so miserable

Diet Chef is a bit of a fad diet and 1200 calories is not enough each day to be followed long term and as soon araw vs you increase your intake unless you increase your exercise you will put it back on

I did think that the Diet Chef girl wasn't a very good advert for the plan as she isn't very slim, and why do they always put the meals on a plate with raw veg and act like this is normal?

I do think DC could be useful for a couple of weeks as a way of training about portion size and convenience not having to weigh foods and think about what to shop for.

As a long term solution though I have my doubts. Also nutritionally speaking I think it is rather too high carbs and low protein. There is research evidence which suggests that when on a restricted calorie diet people lose more weight if they eat a diet where 25% of their calories are from protein (the rest from carbs and fat). On a 1200-1500 cal diet that means at least 75-100g per day. If you look at the Diet Chef nutrional information on their website the protein levels are a bit on the low side.

Breakfast Porridge 4g (plus 7g for milk)
Lunch soup 2.5g (milkshake 13g)
Dinner e.g. Beef casserole 24g
Snack biscuits 2g

I once lost loads of weight at Slimming World but it ruled my life and I don't think it was too good for my mental health as I got a bit obsessive and it seemed to take over my every waking hour. Now am even fatter than pre Slimming World,!! guess it has to be a way of life and i just can't do that. I am trying to work out my own plan, so am going to d things lilke stop the week night wine drinking, walk more and go swimming. I am of the opinion that a few adjustments to food intake and life style are more helpful and easier to sustain.

That is good advice. Make small sustainable adjustments. What has worked for me this last year (I've lost about 2 stone very slowly over that time) is to do more exercise, eat more protein (re: my previous post), eat smaller meals, and cut down on unhealty snacking/ drinking. I also track my food/nutitional intake every now and again to keep me on the straight and narrow (using sparkpeople.com which someone on this site suggested a while ago).

I don't like commenting on peoples weight as for me its the pot calling the kettle...... but I do think that for someone who has been presenting this for a while she is not the best advert as she is overweight and if it's as good and easy as she is saying then surely we would have noticed her weight dropping off by now.

I know if I want to loose weight then I have to watch what I eat and eat smaller portions. I have been losing about a 1llb a week for the past 6 weeks and I am hoping that this will be more sustainable than counting points or calories etc. In a way Paul Mckenna had the right idea, stop when you feel full.

I don't like commenting on peoples weight as for me its the pot calling the kettle...... but I do think that for someone who has been presenting this for a while she is not the best advert as she is overweight and if it's as good and easy as she is saying then surely we would have noticed her weight dropping off by now.

I know if I want to loose weight then I have to watch what I eat and eat smaller portions. I have been losing about a 1llb a week for the past 6 weeks and I am hoping that this will be more sustainable than counting points or calories etc. In a way Paul Mckenna had the right idea, stop when you feel full.

Sounds like you are doing something right there...

Latest posts

Back