Xmas food - mainly pies

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I like pastry and I like meat but I’m not that fussed about pies other than my late mothers S&K pie. She was a very basic cook but her S&K pie was to die for and I don’t even like kidneys. She did the filling in the pressure cooker which meant it was very tender and it made the basis of great gravy which was her other specialty.
Yum

If we ever had pork pies (which was rare), my mum used to remove the meat and give it to my dad. Then she'd put peas in the pie shell.
Oh my word! Can you imagine Mr CC sitting down to a nice pork pie, mustard at the ready, slavering with anticipation and then . . . it's filled with peas ha ha ha. (dying fly smiley x 10) I'm going to do it next time he pee's me off.

CC

Real Pie Company? Is that the one with that gimp looking bloke Brett at the helm? Oh yes, it is. Or is he running a different named one each time there is an A in the day?

For what it’s worth, I think QVC is extremely overpriced on food. They also appear to have had one or two dodgy providers over the years. Who was the butcher before the current one? Didn’t they suddenly disappear (the previous one) under a cloud of gristle er..?

In terms of pies - I have seen the Chunk of Devon brand on QVC several times. I found it was cheaper to buy the same pies from the retailer direct, with QVC wanting to charge separate postage and packing by the item, with the actual retailer combining it.

Latest posts

Back