Yaktrak grips for heels

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wished this thread had been around earlier, I slipped on the ice on Wednesday and fractured my leg, now my entire leg is in plaster. Take care everyone!

I've just ordered a pair of these from QVC. My father fell on the ice the other day and he is in hospital with a broken ankle. He is 76 and I'm feeling for him at the moment. I need all my strength to look after my mum now.

I'm waiting for mine to arrive. A girl at work had some on last week and she said they were brilliant. So now I'm looking forward to a heatwave and keeping them in a cupboard for 11 months :)

Bad luck Katyd, I hate walking on the ice and snow. I hope your recovery goes well.

I fell last year and remembered seeing them (after the fall!!). So I ordered them and never used them until today - what a godsend after the recent rain we've had outside ours is like a skating rink - they are fab even the Oh says so!!!

I frequently walk up the nearby hills with the dogs in walking boots but do slip occasionally. I ordered these when they were on air this morning. I will now tread carefully until they arrive!

Hope your leg gets better soon Katy.

I wished this thread had been around earlier, I slipped on the ice on Wednesday and fractured my leg, now my entire leg is in plaster. Take care everyone!

Hope you are on the mend soon,fortunately when I fell over a week or so ago my backside was padded enough to absorb the fall though I did fell stiff the next morning. I've ordered two pairs one for my daughter though she works in central London she lives on the outskirts and gets up really early to travel to work it takes her 1 bus and 2 tube journeys to get to work and the last thing she needs is icy pavements/paths.

piper

I ordered a couple too today! I walk to work so will come in handy and OH can have them in the car too. Hope you feel better soon Katyd xx

There was a QVC parcel through the door when I came in this afternoon but it wasn't them, it was a purchase from Craft Day (27th Dec) which arrived before my Yaktrax, which were despatched on 24th Dec. The snow has nearly gone here so I expect they will arrive tomorrow. Still I will have them when it snows again.

I ordered some of the non-heel ones last week (twin pack) and they arrived yesterday (I did upgrade the delivery)

They do seem very easy to use, and so I am waiting until we see some ice here now

There was a QVC parcel through the door when I came in this afternoon but it wasn't them, it was a purchase from Craft Day (27th Dec) which arrived before my Yaktrax, which were despatched on 24th Dec. The snow has nearly gone here so I expect they will arrive tomorrow. Still I will have them when it snows again.

which according to my aunt will be next week, as america is due some more snow and we get it the week after lol, so you might need em next week Boris, btw are you going to the scc at the end of january?
:mysmilie_348:

My Yaktrak arrived today. I was only expecting one pair, but you get two pairs for the price. They seem easy to put on and take off. I only hope they don't come off when waling on the snow and ice. Anyway, I am now ready and prepared for the next batch of snow and ice to come.

Got mine too - despatched on 22nd so took long enough!!! I was surprised to see 2 pairs, good job dh and I have similar size feet :)

:mysmilie_34: I ordered two does this mean I will receive 4 pairs? It better snow now :mysmilie_17:

:mysmilie_34: I ordered two does this mean I will receive 4 pairs? It better snow now :mysmilie_17:

Yes, I believe you will. It never made it clear to me on the QVC website that you would be getting two pairs when you ordered. I shall pass a set on to my friend.

Yes, I believe you will. It never made it clear to me on the QVC website that you would be getting two pairs when you ordered. I shall pass a set on to my friend.

:mysmilie_687: Will be doing the same - wish QVC made that clear!

As I said the weather was bad - before Christmas was a lot worse than the last couple of days. Don't forget Christmas fell at a weekend and so there was no delivery for 4 days between 25th to 28th, although Hermes lorries did kick in on the morning or the 28th as they were hoping to con the couriers to deliver on a bank holiday! :(

Also, volumes were enormous in the lead up to Christmas and many couriers (and I'm sure RM) couldn't cope, but it's been as quiet as anything since.

Latest posts

Back