Yankee Pot Pourri

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AndiK

Registered Shopper
I was just browsing the website over lunch as I see there's a Yankee show at 2.00pm today, and I notice they have got packs of pot pourri online (704316). Is this a new thing in the UK? Anyone have any experience? What do you think of the price? It doesn't seem too bad to me compared to what you get in some shops (although I like the stuff from M&S and that's definitely cheaper). Then you add on the QVC P&P: £5.95 really? Are they giant sacks?

http://www.qvcuk.com/Yankee-Candle-....html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-4-_-704316

(As always, I apologise if this has been posted elsewhere on the forum - I did do a quick search.)

They had it on Q several years ago when Michaela was the guest, Never tried it but i assume it wasnt that popular as it hasnt been on for so long.

Thanks, Autumn. Interesting... I wasn't watching Q when Michaela was on. Is it my imagination or have Yankee surged in popularity recently (or is it just me!). If so, maybe they are having another go at pushing the pot pourri to cash in.

I really liked the YC plug ins and it was Michaela who kept promising Q would be selling more of them and bringing in new fragrances but it never happened, but id love it if Q did bring them back more often.

I can remember JR saying that she had got rid of all her pot pourri after speaking to the Feng Shui lady (can't remember her name) because she had told her pot pourri was very unlucky.

I got rid of my pot pourri in favour of reed diffusers, which apparently are meant to be OK. Having said that I still haven't won the Lottery :mysmilie_17:

I can remember JR saying that she had got rid of all her pot pourri after speaking to the Feng Shui lady (can't remember her name) because she had told her pot pourri was very unlucky.

I got rid of my pot pourri in favour of reed diffusers, which apparently are meant to be OK. Having said that I still haven't won the Lottery :mysmilie_17:

Ha! I don't know anyone whose life, wealth, relationships or anything else has changed after following Feng Shui but each to their own, hey?

it hasnt been aired for years & most smells only last 2 days

That doesn't sound good! I do tend to buy refresher oils if I get the M&S pot pourri though.

& that comes from a lot of people even sell the candles themselves so id not go for them but its your choice

Not seen Yankee selling it several years but when they did it was very nice, lasted really well, much more than 2 days!!!!

Not seen Yankee selling it several years but when they did it was very nice, lasted really well, much more than 2 days!!!!

Thanks, Sazza. I've decided to risk it because I quite like the fragrances they have included in the set and I thought it looked nice. I don't think many pot pourris last very long so I'll look to get refresher oils or sprays if/when it starts to smell woody. If anyone's interested, I'll report back on here in a few weeks' time.

Latest posts

Back