YBF brows

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have fair eye brows. Laura Mercier does pot style creams and as I use blond she has a two different versions one an ash/taupe the other the reddish blond.

What I have used since last year is Hourglass(no sharpening, just twist up),its a triangle shape which is so easy to use, and quick brush through and done. Same one since last year so paid for its self.

I loved the Smashbox one, but a friend commented the Blond version has a lot of red tones in it. The Taupe I had to use a very light hand with or it was too harsh looking.

I've been wanting to try a gel or powder for a while now, but don't want to waste a ton of postage charges figuring out which is best. I'm naturally golden blonde and hair is quite light on my brows. I have used YBF pencil for ages but really it's too dark, even when applying almost zero pressure. Does anyone have tips for blonde brow products on the W please? I would try anything except Bobbi Brown. Just can't justify £50 for colouring in brows. Ta muchly.

I've been wanting to try a gel or powder for a while now, but don't want to waste a ton of postage charges figuring out which is best. I'm naturally golden blonde and hair is quite light on my brows. I have used YBF pencil for ages but really it's too dark, even when applying almost zero pressure. Does anyone have tips for blonde brow products on the W please? I would try anything except Bobbi Brown. Just can't justify £50 for colouring in brows. Ta muchly.

"ta Muchly" <--- thats a new one on me! Love it!
Hmm lets see, maybe this will help - here is a link to brow transformations with tips for blonde brows
here sure the products seem expensive but here are some alternatives
cheap Clear Gel
cheap Under Eyebrow concealer cleanup (this is my holy grail, and a dupe for Urban Decay Primer potion)
Regarding MAC .. a Dupe is by NYX and the colour is Toast.. if you want to go the powder option

Just keeping things on a budget! :)

"ta Muchly" <--- thats a new one on me! Love it!
Hmm lets see, maybe this will help - here is a link to brow transformations with tips for blonde brows
here sure the products seem expensive but here are some alternatives
cheap Clear Gel
cheap Under Eyebrow concealer cleanup (this is my holy grail, and a dupe for Urban Decay Primer potion)
Regarding MAC .. a Dupe is by NYX and the colour is Toast.. if you want to go the powder option

Just keeping things on a budget! :)

That's great , thanks very much. I will give it all a go. Just saw NYX also have a double powder compact with a wax and brush too :) Fandabbydozzie ;-)

Does the new item number for the YBF pencil signal a price increase? Or is it a way to ditch a couple of low feedback scores and negative reviews? :mysmilie_506::mysmilie_506:

I've had some great buys from ELF, register with the site and there's often a 40 or 50% off promotion which is a great time to buy their already low priced make up.

Years ago (1987) when I first got married I couldn't find a light enough brow pencil but I knew I'd look better in the photos if my brows were visible. In the end I bought an eyeliner pencil which was a kind of old gold colour (but not too metallic or sparkly) and on my brows it was a good "blonde" colour so maybe widen your search to eye liners or eye shadows and experiment. Although there seem to be many more brow products available these days.

Circa 1979 I had blue eye-brows, but in my defence I was at art college and I was by no means the most outlandish-looking person there! :tongue:

Does the new item number for the YBF pencil signal a price increase? Or is it a way to ditch a couple of low feedback scores and negative reviews? :mysmilie_506::mysmilie_506:

I've had some great buys from ELF, register with the site and there's often a 40 or 50% off promotion which is a great time to buy their already low priced make up.

Years ago (1987) when I first got married I couldn't find a light enough brow pencil but I knew I'd look better in the photos if my brows were visible. In the end I bought an eyeliner pencil which was a kind of old gold colour (but not too metallic or sparkly) and on my brows it was a good "blonde" colour so maybe widen your search to eye liners or eye shadows and experiment. Although there seem to be many more brow products available these days.
What an amazing idea!!

Circa 1979 I had blue eye-brows, but in my defence I was at art college and I was by no means the most outlandish-looking person there! :tongue:

Around that time I had NO eyebrows!! Shaved them off pencilling in BURGUNDY constance caroll liner going with the New romantic punk look along with burgundy hair back-combed after using big white Babyliss crimper!! Happy days!!!

My daughter uses Doll10 and likes it but her hair colour is very different to my salt and pepper grey so can`t try hers ... my eye brows are very thin and sparse would that non pencil type work on very little brow hair?

My daughter uses Doll10 and likes it but her hair colour is very different to my salt and pepper grey so can`t try hers ... my eye brows are very thin and sparse would that non pencil type work on very little brow hair?

personally, I find the non-sharp stumpy end 'self sharpening' variety too Fanny Craddock on sparse hairs - I have no hairs past the pupil so I find I have to continually put my wooden eyebrow pencil in the cats backside to retain that super sharp precision giving hair strokes effect, a bit of wastage, but hey. (BTW referring to my sharpener,) its
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61bh9FpZJpL._SL1500_.jpg
lol

no RSPCA req!!

The new item number is at feature price at £4.07 cheaper than previous item number, only difference is packaging is black not red.

Stacy looked ridiculous in the show that she was just on. She had monster eyebrows and had painted on a clown mouth. Why does she always wear those unflattering black clothes? Jet black really doesn't work for her (and doesn't hide her size either).

Well it's taken a day or two to find it, but I knew I still had one of the original Models Prefer brow pencil in the brushed silver-tone metal casing (yes I am a hoarder!).

I was curious to see whether the net weight had changed over time because a couple of times I've read that the new YBF versions don't seem to last as long or snap and fall out of the casing. So with the help of a magnifying glass I can confirm that the weight is exactly the same 0.14g. If the YBF ones aren't lasting as long or are prone to snapping maybe the formulation has changed. Stacey did remove all parabens when she did the rebranding so maybe that's the reason. The old MP silver barrel brow pencil was made in Korea (which I never noticed before) so those little brow pencils have a whopping carbon footprint if they're travelling from Korea to America and then to the UK (if that sort of thing is a concern for you when you're buying).

Stacy isn't looking her best that's for sure. What is puzzling me is how come her top row teeth a gleaming white, almost blue, but her bottom teeth are very yellow. When she talks and the camera is close enough it looks weird. How is that possible?

Stacy isn't looking her best that's for sure. What is puzzling me is how come her top row teeth a gleaming white, almost blue, but her bottom teeth are very yellow. When she talks and the camera is close enough it looks weird. How is that possible?

She probably has Veneers, Alot of celebs have a great top set but bad bottom lol

Latest posts

Back