YBF

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

C

Capirossi

Guest Shopper
Doesn't Catherine look totally different without make-up?! Very brave!

Anyway, I quite fancy the eyebrow pencil. I can't find any info anywhere (her website included) as to whether it's tested on animals or not. I've also Googled but to no avail. Does anyone know please? I would text in but the chances of it being asked (especially if it is!) are slim to none! I have read that it's made in China, but not sure how true that is.

Wow im totally shocked! Brave and confident - no offence but i wouldnt be seen on camera looking like that!!

Good on Catherine gone up in my estimations appearing bare face on tv when other presenters have refused. Well done mrs

I think that women without make up, blemishes and all is far more attractive than a lady with a lot of slap on. Nice to know the face you see last thing at night is the same that greets you in the morning ;-)

PJ

I think that women without make up, blemishes and all is far more attractive than a lady with a lot of slap on. Nice to know the face you see last thing at night is the same that greets you in the morning ;-)

PJ

Hmmm well seeing as I'm not going to be greeted by a lady's face either last thing or first thing i'd rather they trowel on the slap and make the world a prettier place to be in.

Hmmm well seeing as I'm not going to be greeted by a lady's face either last thing or first thing i'd rather they trowel on the slap and make the world a prettier place to be in.

Love it!!! I think you should only go make-up free if you don't look that different to when you have it on (does that make sense?!) Otherwise I totally agree with you burlz!!!

Agree with PJ to a certain extent. Over made-up women look awful in my opinion. Make-up should enhance what you have, not make you into a different person.

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

BurlyB dare i ask, do you cleanse, tone and moisturise, and if so what brand
:sweat:

Last edited:
BurlyB dare i ask, do you cleanse, tone and moisturise, and if
so what brand. And do you use a bit of primer etc etc :sweat:

why Sparkly, of course you may ask
1. Cleanse Elemis sensitive wash (because I'm sensitive!) but i use alsorts really.
2. Tone - I dont have that sort of time on my hands!
3. In the words of everyone's favourite glamazon Rupaul, the three golden rules of beauty are moisturise, moisturise, moisturise. I'm not about to argue with Ru, so at the moment its Liz Earle skin repair dry/sensitive. And Roc Multi correction eye cream which is the only branded product I'm loyal to (although I'm giving the aldi one a spin when this tube is finished).

Primer? look.... I know I'm a homo but there are limits. Anyway I dont need it, a dab of eyeshadow and blusher and I'm out the door, girlfriend. :O)

Seriously, I have a beard - it hides a multitude of horrors.

I was only saying to my younger pal the other day how despite being like a gobbet of lard in ones teens and twenties, hitting a certain age really starts to suck the moisture out of a gents skin. I used to think that people (i.e women) who said their skin felt tight if they didnt put something on after they'd been in the shower were just being drama queens but sadly its become true even for me.

so there you are, burly's beauty regime revealed!..... what do YOU use?

Well Burly B i did try and delete the primer bit, but it was too late, you'd seen it. :doh: Its nice to know men use
skincare , and you've probably picked up some tips from good old Q. I got my partner using decleor hand cream, as
he's a builder, and got rough rough hands, not good :happy:

1. Me i alternate between Emma Hardie and Liz Earle for cleansing
2 Not really good on moisturise, as i've greasy skin, not a good look
3 Use any eye cream i have around, using up my stash
4 Testing revitilash on lashes, not sure if they're hitting my reading glasses yet
5 Not good on body cream, can't be bothered
6 A drop of savlon on any facial blemishes (spots) at my age
All in all not a good look heading to bed, but no slanket for me either :bow:

BB, a very dear gay friend of mine always said this---if your face has gone,you are not even going to look good in an Armani suit. But if you look after your face, you will look good in jeans and an old t- shirt.

Love it BB, don't forget the lip salve to stay kissy kissable.

I use Elemis PCMC and oxygenating night
Garnier cleanser and toner
Nivea lip salve
Dove soap

Everything else on earth I am allergic to. :mysmilie_505: I know, I'm a freak of nature! :sweat:

Love it BB, don't forget the lip salve to stay kissy kissable.

I use Elemis PCMC and oxygenating night
Garnier cleanser and toner
Nivea lip salve
Dove soap

Everything else on earth I am allergic to. :mysmilie_505: I know, I'm a freak of nature! :sweat:

I forgot that. Neutrogena... Like a Norwegian fisherman :mysmilie_479:

I fully agree with Burlz and Capirossi- why would any woman over 30 not want to wear a little flattering make up? I'm not talking looking like you've just finished a stint in the Moulin Rouge and the caked on, outdated demos on YBF remind me why I love Bare minerals and Laura Geller but just take Catherine Huntley as an example. Without makeup, just another mousy little woman but with, we've all seen her look pretty gorgeous and someone many 40 year old would wish to look like. As for men they dont want to see a drag queen but a natural looking, well made up face has got to be better than some blotchy, tired looking scruff. Couldn't do with a fella who had a no make up rule-reckon theyre afraid of you getting attention from other men.

Brave my a*rse! When YBF was MP quite a few used to come on make up free, Julia I remember well(she looked better than CH make up free), Jilly was another. Of course AY refused.

I love make up, but do go out without it depending on my mood.

True, I swear. Bumped into friends wearing no make up, said, no make up, yes I know! Both said they didn't even notice I wasn't wearing any. I did think, well thanks, I must look rough even wearing it. I do use a light hand.

Oh, on another note. Who heard Stacey say We changed the name to YBF because you all wanted it? Liar! Liar! Liar! QVC owned the name Models Prefer and she lost it in the court case and could no longer use it!!!

I'm not a big fan of her's but good on Chuntley I say. I thought Stacey looked like Cruella de Vil though in the black outfit with big collar.

Brave??? I think CH was probably told if she didn't go on with no make up there are others who would. I can't imagine she had much say in the matter.

Latest posts

Back