Yet another diet plan.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was in sainsburys and looking for wholemeal hot cross buns.....I turned around and a large lady was looking at bits and pieces on the shelves too ....she was a big lady ....and I looked in her basket .....cake ...a large cake .....no fruit no veg ...a young lady ....and it breaks my heart as I would love to help her ....to stop her maybe dying young of stroke heart attack cancer ...etc.......I would help her for free if I could .....I am guessing she is very unhappy ...and to have to look at photos ...a few years down the line ....if she gets there ...will be upsetting ....she doesn't have to look like a size ten model ....but a nice comfortable size and healthy ....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...child-obesity-parents-fault-new-TV-expos.html

This article makes me realise I'm glad I've taken advice from Gillian mckeiths books ....

Of course you are absolutely right to say that eating sensibly is infinitely preferable to being stuffed with junk food by an abusive mother. I do applaud all your efforts to eat well and take good care of your health. But I do worry that you seem to place a lot of reliance on Gillian McKeith... please Google her Wikipedia entry, and you will find her nutritional qualifications are so bogus that a researcher managed to get the same qualification for his dead cat.

I don't totally rely and I am aware of Google info etc.....I like to take info
From lots of sources ......Elton John has never been able to read any music what so ever but look at his resume'....

She is not fat either ...lthat speaks volumes ...not like half of these celeb dieters ...who get skinny just sell a Dvd ...what gives them the right either ....? ....it's working for me ...walking around Blue water shopping centre I've noticed this country is crying out for help ...or they should be ....actually many fat people can't even walk ...land she rightly says get walking ....I watched fat people cry In front of her desperate for help and Steve Miller ...and she helped them ....and many websites with reviews have shown she has helped many ....it's not all perfect what in life is ......but I love her attitude of " I don't weigh my clients ever ...they lose the weight as they eat healthier foods ...they weight naturally begins to come off ...their hair shines ...their skin glows ...and they probably live longer ......I get so sad for women and men with young children who are obese ....little ones running around ...I look and wonder if their parents will actually see them grow up etc ....it is just tragic to me

Gillian Mckeith is 55 but looks much older IMO. She certainly doesn`t look healthy and it`s a misconception that someone is healthy just because they`re thin.
Yes we all know our society has a problem with obesity, that comes with the territory of living in a wealthy Western country where food is readily available to all. There are millions of reasons why people choose to eat what they do BUT it isn`t up to any of us to view ourselves as the Guardian Angel of diet info and to try to enforce our opinions onto others and think we are a cut above someone who might be carrying added weight or that we have the right to save the World by judging people as thick/silly/uneducated/child abusers.
I hate to see people die of lung cancer because they CHOSE to smoke, I hated seeing people die of heroin overdoses in my last job because they CHOSE to use drugs, I hated seeing alcoholics bugger their liver because they CHOSE to drink and I hated seeing young men battle HIV because they CHOSE to become rent boys but it wasn`t my place to judge them, it was my place to point them in the right direction of supporting agencies if they CHOSE to do so. Until any of us walks a mile in someone else`s shoes then we`ll never know the full story and perhaps the lady you saw in the supermarket buying a big cake is as happy as Larry and doesn`t feel the need to judge all the skinny people as being miserable self absorbed judgemental souls because she CHOSE to mind her own business about the low fat items in their shopping baskets !
The help and info is out there and if people want it then that`s their choice but if people don`t want it, then that`s their choice too. This country will never stop selling cigs, booze, fast food, shops full of sweets, fatty stuff and everything else which is bad for us and whether we like it or not, people will eat as they, not us, see fit.

Well I've certainly rattled a few cages and that was not my intention .......the lady buying the cake was enormous actually.......really huge ..dangerously so ........and Gillian Mckeith has a spinal issue ....I didn't think my list was aggressive ...lol well .....enormous fat people cannot be happy in their skins no matter what they say ....you never really see fat old people either ...really I was trying to give a bit of incite ...etc ...just a general chit chat ...lol and I've never really encountered this sort of reaction on here ...when people realise that they are killing themselves as is shown by gillian Mckeith and Steve Miller then it usually works ...l.and that is the point..... I have a friend who's hubby was very large ....he dropped down dead at the age of 30 ....it was devastating to see the effects ....small children and a new one on the way
.....I actually have compassion for people that have weight issues ....I'm not judging ....I promise you that ......looking back at photos should be a joy .........obesity is not a joy it is a killer ...and we need food to live ...

How do you know this woman was buying the cake for herself?

And please could you use full stops. I like reading your posts but sometimes give up because of all the ...... Is there a reason for this?

I heard Gillian McKeith referred to as Pol Pot in a lab coat once which made me laugh but also struck a cord of truth! I can't believe that anyone is overweight nowadays for lack of information, we are swamped with it, some good and some bad. As has been said, there are lots of reasons why someone is overweight and with all the cruel vitriol that is thrown by some people nowadays no one would choose to be on the receiving end of that and risk their health, or even their life, if simply getting information would solve their problems. I lost weight several years ago (after Mr HB jokingly pointed out that there was about three stones of me that he was not legally married to!). I have kept it off but it has been very very hard, I have to force myself not to overeat every single day and even a slight lapse results in me gaining a few pounds which I have to work really hard to get rid of. I honestly believe that some people are genetically predisposed to be over or under the 'normal' weight range and those that have never experienced difficulties maintaining their weight or controlling their appetite have no idea of the struggle that the rest of us go through!!

Hunnybunny. Try the 5:2 diet. Only 2 days of 500 calories and the rest of the week eat what you like albeit moderately. If you are already at yr target weight then it is 6:1. I still hate only eating 500 calories one day a week but it is worth it to keep my slim figure and all my clothes fit. It is also healthy (so they say). I've been maintaining for 18 months with a slight lapse this past Christmas where I put on 2lbs.

Thank you Lynn ;0) ...just wanted to add I really did not want to cause offence to anybody .i love this forum and I will state for definite my aim was true ...very sorry if offence caused by my posts ...it's just such a hot topic everywhere really and nutrition etc dear to my heart ...very passionate about it ....why would I want to upse this lovley forum that helped me some much when very upset a while back ...please ..it was not digging ...I am hoping to help people .impromise I'm not horrible ..or I don't mean to be at least .

Thank you Lynn ;0) ...just wanted to add I really did not want to cause offence to anybody .i love this forum and I will state for definite my aim was true ...very sorry if offence caused by my posts ...it's just such a hot topic everywhere really and nutrition etc dear to my heart ...very passionate about it ....why would I want to upse this lovley forum that helped me some much when very upset a while back ...please ..it was not digging ...I am hoping to help people .impromise I'm not horrible ..or I don't mean to be at least .[/

You have no need to apologise May,keep posting your views .

Thank you Lynn ;0) ...just wanted to add I really did not want to cause offence to anybody .i love this forum and I will state for definite my aim was true ...very sorry if offence caused by my posts ...it's just such a hot topic everywhere really and nutrition etc dear to my heart ...very passionate about it ....why would I want to upse this lovley forum that helped me some much when very upset a while back ...please ..it was not digging ...I am hoping to help people .impromise I'm not horrible ..or I don't mean to be at least .[/

You have no need to apologise May,keep posting your views .

Awwww thank you Lyn!! ((Hugs)) ...

I hate smoking so often wonder knowing the health risks why folk can't stop BUT if I'm honest I know stopping anything isn't just a matter of wanting to do it - it is ****** hard work and not as easy as it sounds.

I carry too much weight albeit I did lose a lot a few years ago but it is a real struggle to keep it off.

I eat very healthily walk every day but still it is a battle. I don't eat a fraction of the stuff others do but my grandmother was HUGE and I'm afraid some of it is in the genes.

If you can eat like a horse and never put on a pound then thank your lucky stars clothes wise but not every thin person is healthy so it is more a health thing rather than a size thing.

I hate smoking so often wonder knowing the health risks why folk can't stop BUT if I'm honest I know stopping anything isn't just a matter of wanting to do it - it is ****** hard work and not as easy as it sounds.

I carry too much weight albeit I did lose a lot a few years ago but it is a real struggle to keep it off.

I eat very healthily walk every day but still it is a battle. I don't eat a fraction of the stuff others do but my grandmother
was HUGE and I'm afraid some of it is in the genes.

If you can eat like a horse and never put on a pound then thank your lucky stars clothes wise but not every thin person is healthy so it is more a health thing rather than a size thing.

I was a smoker at 14 and stopped at 18 as my brother had asthma attack in front of me ...so he gave up and I did with him ..wasn't easy at all ...I facet I'm 52 this year and I sometimes dream I'm still smoking lol..it's weird ..and I wake up disappointed lol ...thinking I've started again ...they say it's more addictive than heroin although I'm not actually sure of the truth of that but I wouldn't be surprised ..I did put on weight but followed weight watchers and luckily didn't go back to the food I was eating all the time ...it was worth it all...I was not married etc them so any money saved I put away and treated myself to perfume etc...when I was having sleepless night with the children as babies I could have turned to ciggies again such was the stress lol...my hubby said he sits with some ladies at work who say to him ..." Yep I know ...they contain rat,poison and arsnic but I still can't give up ". I think having support really helped me as my brother and I gave up together ...and a big incentive believe me...

I don't think you need to be correcting anyone on their grammar.Full stop.

With respect, lynnonthelake, I don't think she was being rude and correcting May's grammar. Rather she was pointing out that this affectation of doing.... all the time does make it hard to read May's posts.

We do seem to have wandered off topic rather and got away from what brings us together here, constructive criticism of QVC and a shared interest in their products.
Somehow along the way it seems to have turned into a confessional about our own bad behaviours and addictions and showing up a not very pleasant desire to tell our fellow, fatter, humans how to eat. I apologise if I let my corns be trodden upon, as I do have a particular sensitivity to McKeith and McKenna making millions out of ill-thought out diet and lifestyle advice, which they are not very well qualified to give. But this forum is not the place to do it, so apologies to May and to other readers if things have got a little unfriendly.

I do find it odd that people feel its ok to constantly mention how painfully skinny JF is but if anyone dares say someone is too big all hell kicks off.

Do you think it is because we don't feel empathy with a lot of the presenters?

I think if anyone was negative about say Kathy they would be shot down quickly because she is thought of as nonthreatingly nice but a lot of the others are not liked therefore perhaps considered fair game.

I was surprised at how quickly the sympathy for JF and the loss of her dog suddenly turned her into semi sainthood. Before this she was regularly blasted on this forum but thereafter not mentioned in any negative way.

I would not wish any harm to her or her pet but personally it didn't make me like her PRESENTING any more or any less than I did before.

Now hides behind the sofa to dodge the bullets.

I know a person who is painfully thin (by reason of a mental illness, which may have started in childhood.)
I know someone who is very very fat (probably began for psychological reasons/childhood trauma)
I am friends with them both and don't judge either. My large friend likes baking. She brought a cake to a party for everyone else but she didn't have any herself. Like my friend who I never see eat or drink all day in front of anyone, yet she runs half marathons. I couldn't agree more with Vienna. Until you have walked in someone else's shoes it is not fair to judge them in any way. Yes I wish I could help both of my friends but I know I can't.

Latest posts

Back