Aveda

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Does anyone remember this brand? They used to be on QVC many years ago. My mother used to use Shampure and also their rosemary and mint products and they were really good.

I wonder why they fell out of favour with QVC?

Anyway I'm pretty sure there's an Aveda shop somewhere in the Lanes in Brighton, and I'm going there tomorrow so I'm going to have a look and see if the products are still available.

I remember Avedq, their TSV's were amazing and I sorely missed them when they left QVC. Sadly I find the brand far too expensive nowadays although they are sold on several online beauty shops and House of Fraser.
I believe they left QVC when they were bought by Estee Lauder who felt they didn't fit in with their brand image.

I still use Aveda, house of fraser stock it, but sometimes you're better off buying it direct with them online as they have some really good offers.

I still use Blue Malva. I buy it from John Lewis but miss the TSVs. Great product, expensive but it really lasts a long time.

Yes EL bought them out and then as per usual discontinued many products Exlir the leave conditioning serum was one. Then change the formula of the rest.

We have counter in my HoF too, but the shampoos have SLS in them and make my head itch

Yes,EL ruined the brand by changing the formulas of most of the products. The Pure Abundance shampoo and conditioner used to be so good,it's dreadful now though,I actually took it back and complained.
I still use their hand cream, as yet unchanged (oh no! what have I just said) it is the best one I have ever used.

On a separate note, I was surprised to find out that Murad is now owned by Unilever. Seems most companies get sold on sooner or later, but Estee Lauder really is the worst for giving brands the kiss of death.

Interesting replies. Thank you, everyone. When I find the Aveda shop tomorrow I'll see if they can give / sell me some samples.

If I can't find the shop I'll go into all the big department stores in Oxford Street when next I'm there.

Does anyone remember this brand? They used to be on QVC many years ago. My mother used to use Shampure and also their rosemary and mint products and they were really good.

I wonder why they fell out of favour with QVC?

Anyway I'm pretty sure there's an Aveda shop somewhere in the Lanes in Brighton, and I'm going there tomorrow so I'm going to have a look and see if the products are still available.
I recall when it first appeared on Q and subsequently it featured an awful lot. But, I have to say it simply disappeared a long time ago from Q - whether that was because of QVC or a deal that fell through I have no idea.

I still use it, I buy it online.

They give free samples of some products online, but you have to buy something in order to get them... but the little travel sizes are a good way of trying the products.

They give free samples of some products online, but you have to buy something in order to get them... but the little travel sizes are a good way of trying the products.

Thanks for this. I'll go and have a look in the shop tomorrow. Am in Brighton now. Just looking over Preston Park. I feel slightly ill as I've eaten a very sugary organic eccles cake. I don't normally eat sweet things. I'll try and get some Shampure tomorrow and see how it fares.

I always remember a promo where Debbie Flint was singing (I kid you not!) about different QVC products. She was working her way backwards through the alphabet therefore her song ended: "And A is Aveee eeee daaaaa!"

Don't know why that ingrained itself in my mind for all these years. My childhood really wasn't that interesting, I guess.

Latest posts

Back