I’m so sure I’ve taken to....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I went au natural 2 years ago that that was one thing I didn’t have to worry about but it was in terrible condition and totally out of shape.

I had the majority of my colour removed when I had my hair cut really short after a student cleared his throat & spat at me. I kept the short style for the summer & then was back to my bob by Christmas, it's been pepper & salt ever since. Seeing it get to the Lucius Malfoy stage was bad enough, a line of silver roots would have meant wearing a hat for months. I had my appointment on 12th April so next one's due next Tuesday & it's really grown in the past four weeks.

My hairdresser said it would be 3 June before she had managed to give every customer 1 appointment each so she wouldn’t give any a second until that time so I’m in for 10 June as long as no new lockdowns.

Colour was done?
🤔

Attachments

• 6DAAFA03-5A08-412D-AE62-D316D8FEE931.jpeg
    6DAAFA03-5A08-412D-AE62-D316D8FEE931.jpeg
    20.6 KB · Views: 58
  • DF83A20E-EF60-4BC4-B816-DE7D96AFFAC7.jpeg
    DF83A20E-EF60-4BC4-B816-DE7D96AFFAC7.jpeg
    40.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 0E5CC5BD-712B-4FDD-BEDB-80381AFA514E.jpeg
    0E5CC5BD-712B-4FDD-BEDB-80381AFA514E.jpeg
    27 KB · Views: 65
I've just had a look at Kabler the gabbler with Ruthie & I think it looks over-processed, dull & in need of a good trim. My hair looks better than that when I get up in the morning & the tat peddlers have got a wide selection of products available to use at the Q & enough money to afford to go to a stylist who knows their stuff.

I'm surprised the stylists don't tell them when their hair needs conditioning, styling and cutting. But then, maybe this is how the stylists' own hair is despite the fact that well-cut, glossy hair shouldn't be impossible to achieve on their budgets. Maybe they don't see what we see.

For weeks she was talking about hairdressers not being able to be open and not to look at her hair. Then she was complaining how she couldn’t get an appointment right away and had to wait a week or so after reopening so not to look at her roots, going on to cover the top of her head with the item cards.
I don’t see much of a difference really…..

I wore a similar length Revlon wig whilst having/after chemo it looked nothing like that 🙄
I think that people can forget that wig care is as important as caring for the hair that grows out of your scalp.

I had an aunt who had chemo wore a wig and the combo of hot oven and artificial hair = frizzled fringe. We had a laugh about that.

I prefer an appointment with a dentist than any hairdresser ! ! I have to be REALLY desperate before anyone with a pair of scissors goes near my hair. I think it stems from back in the late 80's when I went for a colour and a trim (I will still a young late 30's) and first the shade of blonde was wrong so meant another 2 hours treatment - after 4 hours I came out with the correct colour BUT it had been styled like Gloria Hunniford ! (as she looked back then) - feeling mortified doesn't begin to cover it, so it was head in the sink as soon as I got home. I think I've bit the bullet for a cut a handful of times since then.

Hairdressers don't know the power they wield - in either making someone feel good about themselves, or turning their crowning glory into a complete disaster.

I prefer an appointment with a dentist than any hairdresser ! ! I have to be REALLY desperate before anyone with a pair of scissors goes near my hair. I think it stems from back in the late 80's when I went for a colour and a trim (I will still a young late 30's) and first the shade of blonde was wrong so meant another 2 hours treatment - after 4 hours I came out with the correct colour BUT it had been styled like Gloria Hunniford ! (as she looked back then) - feeling mortified doesn't begin to cover it, so it was head in the sink as soon as I got home. I think I've bit the bullet for a cut a handful of times since then.

Hairdressers don't know the power they wield - in either making someone feel good about themselves, or turning their crowning glory into a complete disaster.
My younger daughter & I go to the same place, we have different stylists but both of us say that it's the best salon we've ever visited. I'd rather spend money on my hair than practically everything else in life

One or two people have asked me who cuts my hair and then gone to my hairdresser but she made a total mess of theirs - even I could see that. Yet she cuts mine beautifully every time. Strange. Maybe she's better with a certain type of hair or style, though that shouldn't be the case.

Latest posts

Back