Gemporia - struggling financially?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

TheManWithNoName has given some good feedback that largely describes why I don't buy much from the channel any more. Although they evidently have more faith than I do that the company is capable of taking that kind of feedback on board. One user's remarks on this thread are just bizarre if they don't work there.

TheManWithNoName has given some good feedback that largely describes why I don't buy much from the channel any more. Although they evidently have more faith than I do that the company is capable of taking that kind of feedback on board. One user's remarks on this thread are just bizarre if they don't work there.
If that’s aimed at me, I don’t work there. I found their two page essay abouts FACTS just drivel. They seemed to state things, then didn’t back them up. That’s bizarre.

If that’s aimed at me, I don’t work there. I found their two page essay abouts FACTS just drivel. They seemed to state things, then didn’t back them up. That’s bizarre.
Your comments about an overnight shift and then kicking off in a meeting were oddly specific, and you do seem very upset about the comments made for someone that doesn't have a horse in the race, so to speak.

It remains the case whoever they are that many of the criticisms they've made have been echoed by other users and the company would do well to trim back its ego and to get back to what made it a great place to shop to begin with.

Your comments about an overnight shift and then kicking off in a meeting were oddly specific, and you do seem very upset about the comments made for someone that doesn't have a horse in the race, so to speak.

It remains the case whoever they are that many of the criticisms they've made have been echoed by other users and the company would do well to trim back its ego and to get back to what made it a great place to shop to begin with.
Yet the comments originally made about the insights into the company renaming gemstones- I mean, I didn’t know they did that, how would anyone if the company does it? Sounds like fishy info that only someone who had worked there would know

Pretty sure you have made your viewpoint clear Jainey. It will be pretty difficult for a third party to provide "facts" you seem desperate for.

This is a forum for people who enjoy discussing shopping tv good or bad it isn't a cheerleading site
I’m not the one posting two page essays and then putting glasshouse reviews that former stag have written. If that’s not trying to make a company look bad, I don’t know what is

Yet the comments originally made about the insights into the company renaming gemstones- I mean, I didn’t know they did that, how would anyone if the company does it? Sounds like fishy info that only someone who had worked there would know
No reply man with no name? You seem very happy about not having any FACTS. Definitely hit a nerve

Well I know that Nilamani is just a posh name for blue Kyanite, and I don't work there? You can tell because nowhere else calls it Nilamani if you're motivated enough to shop around. They were comparing it a great deal to Kashmir sapphires back in the day, so I went digging myself. If you're going to spend hundreds on jewellery, it pays to look things up, as in Kyanite is a lot softer as a stone and nowhere near as valuable as the sapphires it was being compared to. But Gemporia aren't alone in making dodgy comparisons when they're trying to sell stones, so I digress.

Insider knowledge would be knowing who's next for the chop or what's coming down the pike before anyone else does. For knowledge about stones, there's customers out there a lot more knowledgeable than I am about buying gemstones that don't work for the channel. Some of them will have got started on that journey by watching the channel. :)

Well I know that Nilamani is just a posh name for blue Kyanite, and I don't work there? You can tell because nowhere else calls it Nilamani if you're motivated enough to shop around. They were comparing it a great deal to Kashmir sapphires back in the day, so I went digging myself. If you're going to spend hundreds on jewellery, it pays to look things up, as in Kyanite is a lot softer as a stone and nowhere near as valuable as the sapphires it was being compared to. But Gemporia aren't alone in making dodgy comparisons when they're trying to sell stones, so I digress.

Insider knowledge would be knowing who's next for the chop or what's coming down the pike before anyone else does. For knowledge about stones, there's customers out there a lot more knowledgeable than I am about buying gemstones that don't work for the channel. Some of them will have got started on that journey by watching the channel. :)
I agree, but some things that have been said still make no sense, buying jade at a low price and selling it a high margin- you’re telling me a viewer and a customer would know this?! All names of gemstones have been made up, it’s usually just a diff collection- so I agree, we all know that. Maybe it’s just an angry AI that’s gone rogue and found this amazing forum

Exactly. Plus they make mistakes on the on-air graphics that sometimes let's the cat out of the bag. For example, in the big print, it'll say "Plush Diamond Sunstone", but one item will slip through where they've forgot to change the text in the smaller information box where the silver weights, etc are shown. It'll say the name of "Serenite", "Cuprian Sunstone" or "Oregon Sunstone" - which are all the same stone.

Exactly. Plus they make mistakes on the on-air graphics that sometimes let's the cat out of the bag. For example, in the big print, it'll say "Plush Diamond Sunstone", but one item will slip through where they've forgot to change the text in the smaller information box where the silver weights, etc are shown. It'll say the name of "Serenite", "Cuprian Sunstone" or "Oregon Sunstone" - which are all the same stone.
Eyes of a HAWK!! Wish my eyesight was good in my old age. I can barely see well enough to type my sarcastic replies. Hold on, you didn’t say the word FACT, so are you telling the truth this time? I’m confused

Whatever your view point whatever way you shake it a company making multiple redundancies in groups fairly close together is never going to be a positive sign of health in a business
It’s also not healthy for the people, the staff, presenters, maybe even call centre. I’m glad you’ve called it a business, because that’s what it is. The amount of moaning on this forum does nothing. Has the man with no name sent these suggestions to Colin as he said he found his details on linked in

Whatever your view point whatever way you shake it a company making multiple redundancies in groups fairly close together is never going to be a positive sign of health in a business
Has the word redundancy actually been said on TV?

It’s also not healthy for the people, the staff, presenters, maybe even call centre. I’m glad you’ve called it a business, because that’s what it is. The amount of moaning on this forum does nothing. Has the man with no name sent these suggestions to Colin as he said he found his details on linked in
I'm sure you could tell him next time you see him.

I'm sure you could tell him next time you see him.
How do you know there are redundancies, I’ve not seen anyone say that on TV. I saw Racheal come on for her last day with Ange and see lifestyle is shutting. By the way, careful if you poke the hornets nest, you might get stung

I have no idea

But lots of presenters and background staff leaving is either that or they have scaled down/ been let go

It seems highly unlikely they would let go some of the more popular presenters (from what I can tell)
What presenters have left? I only saw someone say Amelia

It's pretty obvious really isn't it.
No…not really. I’ve only seen two people that are leaving, you’ve mentioned a fair few, have they all said it on tv? And HANG ON ONE SECOND…you’re NOT GOING TO SEND YOUR TWO PAGE ESSAY TO COLIN?! That’s hilarious!! Yeah, write it on a forum, you’re doing well

Latest posts

Back