Another change - not for the better!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

SnowMoon

Registered Shopper
I saw a necklace I liked on a show. I thought about it and a couple of days later thought I would order and take a look at it. I phoned customer service. In the past if I was able to say which show I saw it on, with who and at which price that auction price was honoured.
No more.
I did the usual, who, when and how much and was told they would honour that for goodwill as they don't honour last seen auction price any more. So no more price pledges and no more last seen auction price. That's more time pressure. If you don't order during the show you are lumbered with the much higher web price or trying to get a presenter to show it and hopefully at the same price, or better, than before.
All the niceties have gone...

I saw a necklace I liked on a show. I thought about it and a couple of days later thought I would order and take a look at it. I phoned customer service. In the past if I was able to say which show I saw it on, with who and at which price that auction price was honoured.
No more.
I did the usual, who, when and how much and was told they would honour that for goodwill as they don't honour last seen auction price any more. So no more price pledges and no more last seen auction price. That's more time pressure. If you don't order during the show you are lumbered with the much higher web price or trying to get a presenter to show it and hopefully at the same price, or better, than before.
I can't say that I am surprised. The company almost went under last year, and who knows what the returns rate is on the kinds of overtreated monstrosities wrapped in wire and foil that passes for Gemporia's alleged legacy jewellery these days?

I don't get the impression that the company is on any surer footing a year later

I don't get the impression that the company is on any surer footing a year later

They really seem to have stepped up the desperation to get your money over the past couple of months - even more so than the desperation of the past 12 months - so that screams out that they're still struggling to me.

Add to that some presenters seem to be openly talking about putting 'Plan Bs' in place (Lynn with her 'I can make you immune from everything' stones and Hattie talking about learning to become a Pilates teacher), it's almost like they can see what is coming..............

I think that something really isn't right when a company that is suffering from long-term cashflow problems sends its Managing Director on a jolly to Tucson.

Shouldn't Jake's attention be better spent getting to grips with the various problems currently battering the company? Making videos on lab grown diamonds, and getting involved in the gem buyers' work shouldn't be part of his job any more.

I think that something really isn't right when a company that is suffering from long-term cashflow problems sends its Managing Director on a jolly to Tucson.

Shouldn't Jake's attention be better spent getting to grips with the various problems currently battering the company? Making videos on lab grown diamonds, and getting involved in the gem buyers' work shouldn't be part of his job any more.

But he's a 'gem expert' don't you know.

But remember, they also had a stall at Tucson. They were selling there too.

They had a Gem Collector stall - but I doubt that they sold much if they were trying to sell to the trade at Gem Collector's extortionate retail prices.

We all know the real reason why they go to Tucson. It's so that they can hype up their stones with "BREAKING NEWS" by saying "we've seen Nilamani sell for £10,000 per carat" - and then, just by sheer coincidence, they bring an hour of 'Nilamani' to our screens........

Flying out to Tucson is pretty much 'free' - because the flights and accommodation are allowable business expenses that can be offset against their tax payments - so they have nothing to lose by going even if they don't buy or sell a single thing.

Such a shame. Switched on briefly yesterday to hear Troth droning on. I simply do not understand why they don’t see what we do. Same on FB they are all bored rigid too. It’s not popular. Read the room Gemporia.

They're told day in, day out - to the point where they turned off the function for people to leave comments on the Gemporia Facebook page.

Rather than taking it on board, they responded with "our viewers like to be educated".

Their ignorance will be their downfall in the end.

Their ignorance will be their downfall in the end.
I would say "ignorance bordering on contempt" but I have to get a grip.

We're talking about a profit-seeking enterprise, not a pointed slight from a loved one or an invitation to tea from a sweet, wizened old lady who lives in a house made of sweets in the forest.

Back to the public stocks with my crate of rotten tomatoes, a beer and the remote 😀

Such a shame. Switched on briefly yesterday to hear Troth droning on. I simply do not understand why they don’t see what we do. Same on FB they are all bored rigid too. It’s not popular. Read the room Gemporia.
It's looking increasingly likely that "they" - aka the Gemporia management team - are in fact the infamous trio of Jake & Hannah Bennett -Thompson and Dave Troth!

No more.
And another price thing. Toby launched this yesterday at a straight down price of £69.99, I think. Today's 11am slot (always pricier), Angeline selling for £10 more.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-02-11-11-27-06-109.jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-02-11-11-27-06-109.jpeg
    51 KB · Views: 0
It's just that Troth doesn't seem to be answerable to anyone, and the deference of the presenters, hanging on his every word, when he's on. He's also Hannah Bennett's business partner, just makes me wonder about the hierarchy in the company! 🤔
I cannot fathom why he doesn’t understand that presenting is not his forte. Surely he must read social media. The viewing figures when he is on must plummet. As a business concept it’s simply bizarre.

Latest posts

Back