Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Watches with Jonathon Bordell tonight

Yeah, good old Bordello, who for a few years now, has regaled us with his extensive knowledge in horology past and present, he given us very detailed and highly informative information regarding the brands and the watches he is representing and has shared with us the many interesting stories from his watchmaking grandpappy to his visits to many centers of watchmaking excellence in far off places like Switzerland, Germany, America, France.

But strangely he's never once, given us the TRUE location of the brands nor where watches are made, CHINA. (except for the odd Swiss made special, although even that is questionable), and I predict, considering every watch featuring tonight is from a brand who is located in Kowloon Hong Kong and the all watches are made in China, then that important information will not be heard in the show.

Maybe reason for this, in his vast, vast vocabulary, those two words, CHINA and CHINESE just do not exist? Or maybe he's just a devious shyster. ;)

Having seen that mockery of a travesty of a sham of a show trial version of Ideal World, I can announce now that my winner of Shopping Stars in Their Eyes (and tonight, Matthew, I’m going to be Ideal World) is Shop Extra. It has the feel of the old channel. The albeit shoebox look of it. And of course, Peter Van Faileditzmotee…Mr. Expert (Not) from the Ideal World Experts Dressing Up Box. Depending on what they are selling, I can actually watch an evening of this channel, and not feel it’s too corrupted from the old new old new old Ideal World. Whilst the real new old new old new Ideal World appears like some sinister IW doppelhanger from an evil alternative duplicated universe.

Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 21.25.29.jpg

caption this.

Shop Extra and Ideal World are just a parody of shopping telly channels.
How these people can look at themselves in a mirror and not laugh is beyond belief.
Fools trying to fool everybody into believing they are relevant in 2023,what a way to make a living Me Mam,Mr Producer,Creepy rolling around on a mattress,his moll endlessly gurning at the camera.
Makes QVC almost normal,and believe me presenters on that channel are a parody on real life 😂

I’m sorry - what is this what appears to be steaming pile of boll…tale about it is illegal to sell this particular watch outside of the United Kingdom or the United States of America Kezza R. keeps going on about? Is this really true? If it isn’t, does he know that, or if is he fully aware it is bullsh…why is he doing it? He has been spinning these lines for at least several years now.

I’m sorry - what is this what appears to be steaming pile of boll…tale about it is illegal to sell this particular watch outside of the United Kingdom or the United States of America Kezza R. keeps going on about? Is this really true? If it isn’t, does he know that, or if is he fully aware it is bullsh…why is he doing it? He has been spinning these lines for at least several years now.
I believe hammy posted websites in Australia, Poland and other places where they're sold, including his sons shop abroad, so he's knowingly misleading 😎

Listen to Kev at 4.30, and as he says he's been in the business for 35 years (7 years ago), for someone in the watch business for 42 years he's learned very little. When he was selling the CX Swiss Military 20,000 Diver, one of his selling points was it was a Chronometer with COSC certification, something he'd never come across before in all his years in the business :unsure:, he then began a speel on the process the watches go though at COSC, holding the certificate to show the different stages, his speel was utter bullshit, party because he didn't understand what the results table in the certificate was showing and mostly because he doesn't know the process that COSC actually perform at their labs. :eek:

Kev's obviously never used a Weishi 1000 Timegrapher. (referring to the 4.30)

Kev just repeats stuff he's heard whether it's correct or complete bullshit.

If it's illegal to sell in any country outwith UK and USA, then how the hell are Traser selling it themselves in Australia? And as Ronzy says i've posted links from other countries in the past as well.

Because Tritium is a radioactive isotope, then obviously you can't just sell it willy nilly, and therefore subject to a country's regulations before it can be imported, as Traser's main markets have been the UK & USA (due to winning a US army contract years ago making them popular) then the necessary regulations/ licences are in place for the importation of T100 Tritium watches to these two countries. As Traser's popularity has increased over the years then distributors in other countries have obtained the necessary licence needed to import said watches into the country they wish to sell in.

Now, this sounds terribly sad, but there is a strong need many who watch shopping television have for human contact in the room. Not a recording, not a film, not a soap…Live people talking and directing what they say in a more personal style at the viewer in question. Giving a sense of immediacy and warmth to the lonely. I have a partner now. We live in separate houses, but I do have somebody. After my wife died in 2021, I had nobody but my dogs. And shopping telly, in the old Ideal World style, helped me get through each evening, believe it or not. It was a similar situation after my divorce in the early 2000s. I know all too well…for many, it is company first and shopping a close to distant second. Shop Extra, in terms of a feeling of direct communication, has it nailed in the sense of trying to replicate what the former channel had and channels like QVC and TJC don’t. Talking corporately and commercially at you and not directly to you like the latter do, and not generating that more personal feeling of contact you get from watching Shop Extra and the old Ideal World before it. We obviously focus here on the strong inadequacies in shopping television channels’ selling techniques, and the misleading elements of selling that virtually all of them suffer from from time to time. What we all tend to forget at times, is the very strong social contact need more catered for by the presenting styles of Ideal Shop Extra World, and in my ‘umble view, not catered for well by the direct Ideal World replacement we have now.

Latest posts

Back