Mike Mason joins Ideal World TV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think Mike Mason is very watchable, hence even the people on here who really dislike him would have to admit he is watchable (or else why would they be watching him?!). I think he seems to be doing well at Ideal World and the demonstrations with the co-hosts have been good so far. I think he deserves a chance to settle in on Ideal World. I don't agree with the posters on this forum who want to see him sacked that's just ridiculous!! I guess I will now be pounced on for saying he's doing ok at Ideal World but in my opinion he's doing pretty well.

I watched him for literally two minutes (if that) then changed the channel (put QVC on with Chloe).

I watched him for literally two minutes (if that) then changed the channel (put QVC on with Chloe).

Well to be fair I don't see how you can justify saying he sticks out like a sore thumb and was awful if you only watched him for 2 minutes?! Maybe you should have watched a bit longer and seen that he is doing his presentations well and isn't putting viewers under pressure to buy products. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge of Mike Mason, but credit where its due he's only been on Ideal World 2 days and I think he's doing very well (in my opinion!).

I think Mike Mason is very watchable, hence even the people on here who really dislike him would have to admit he is watchable (or else why would they be watching him?!). I think he seems to be doing well at Ideal World and the demonstrations with the co-hosts have been good so far. I think he deserves a chance to settle in on Ideal World. I don't agree with the posters on this forum who want to see him sacked that's just ridiculous!! I guess I will now be pounced on for saying he's doing ok at Ideal World but in my opinion he's doing pretty well.

He's watchable but much in the same way as, for some, a public flogging is watchable.

Grotesque, disturbing spectacles often bring out our voyeuristic streak :mysmilie_59:

He's watchable but much in the same way as, for some, a public flogging is watchable.

Grotesque, disturbing spectacles often bring out our voyeuristic streak :mysmilie_59:

Got to be honest I've never watched a public flogging! All I can say is I wouldn't waste a minute of my time in my life watching someone I disliked just to slag them off. I think its time Mike Mason was given a break on this forum. I'll now await getting lynched for this comment lol.

Got to be honest I've never watched a public flogging! All I can say is I wouldn't waste a minute of my time in my life watching someone I disliked just to slag them off. I think its time Mike Mason was given a break on this forum. I'll now await getting lynched for this comment lol.

Why would you get lynched? If you like him, you like him.

Somebody has to lol :wink:

Me neither, and i've rarely seen anyone get lynched on here for having a differing opinion so long as they are civil to other forum members (I doubt Graham and Sazza would allow it!). Sadly i've regularly seen customers get totally hoodwinked by certain presenters complete and utter bullshit though.

So if you like him enjoy him but it's par for the course and totally justified (in my opinion) for others to watch and comment on him for differing reasons, this guy has form and lot's of it. For example......... :mysmilie_59:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IRc8YZeoNI

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mike+mason+worry+angels

http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-40991.html

http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?41723-LMAO-at-Mike/page2

Everyone's opinion counts on here, I am glad that not everyone dislikes Mike Mason, don't suppose this forum would exist if we all agreed. I have had the misfortune of watching him on Ideal World and just can't bare his style of presentation, it's not just an Ideal World thing, members who have been around for a while will know I also could not stand him on bid.

Everyone's opinion counts on here, I am glad that not everyone dislikes Mike Mason, don't suppose this forum would exist if we all agreed. I have had the misfortune of watching him on Ideal World and just can't bare his style of presentation, it's not just an Ideal World thing, members who have been around for a while will know I also could not stand him on bid.

I have seen the videos Wirral70 posted and I admit the Worry Angels and Bass Reflex sheet sales are cringeworthy sales pitches, but to give Mike Mason the benefit of the doubt, he was employed by Bid at that time and doing what he was probably told by his bosses to say and do to get the the products sold. As you will see from previous comments made I have been slightly critical too of Mike's presentations on Bid TV in the past, but I think he deserves a break from being criticised for his old sales pitches now that Bid TV has gone. I think like any employee starting a new job he should be given a chance to start with a clean slate, and be allowed to settle in at his new job at Ideal World, he is far better than a lot of the presenters I've seen on other shopping channels who don't get any criticism at all. I've enjoyed his presentations at Ideal World with the co-hosts over the past few days, and I think he will do well there as a presenter.

Maybe the said presenter above is watchable for all the wrong reasons? Out in shopping channel TV world I think we have some good watchable sales people who are good but sadly I think they are in the small majority, When Bid TV died then a few ex Bid presenters pop up on other channels not long after this I start to wonder about the standard of UK shopping TV presenters...............Is this the best we have with the resources we have in the UK???

I was never one for watching Gems TV, but when I was flicking through the channels I honestly have an opinion that all the presenters are well informed, full of knowledge, and all round good at what they do, Then Peter Simon pops up on Gems TV.

My reasons for disliking him are because of the constant sexist comments. Things that were acceptable in the 1970s are not said now. And that also goes for Peter Simon's "hilarious" Larry Grayson rip-off.

Well to be fair I don't see how you can justify saying he sticks out like a sore thumb and was awful if you only watched him for 2 minutes?! Maybe you should have watched a bit longer and seen that he is doing his presentations well and isn't putting viewers under pressure to buy products. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge of Mike Mason, but credit where its due he's only been on Ideal World 2 days and I think he's doing very well (in my opinion!).

I've seen enough of Mason over the years on Bid to be fully aware of his sales technique; the tall stories, the exaggerations, the fabrications, the cockney wide-boy pitch, the scare tactics, the shouting, the loud overbearing voice, the screaming of 'av it!', the feigning of disbelief at the prices etc I could go on. Whilst he didn't hit all of those in the few minutes I watched him (and I'd like to think he will at least ditch the scare tactics now) he was certainly still doing some of them and that was enough for me to see. If Ideal World think he is good for them so be it, but when you are used to softly spoken presenters the Mason style of presenting seems completely out of place. Maybe I just saw an anomalous two minutes, but I doubt it.

Anyway, in the spirit of Mikey Boy, lets all have a 'love cuddle'.

I've seen enough of Mason over the years on Bid to be fully aware of his sales technique; the tall stories, the exaggerations, the fabrications, the cockney wide-boy pitch, the scare tactics, the shouting, the loud overbearing voice, the screaming of 'av it!', the feigning of disbelief at the prices etc I could go on. Whilst he didn't hit all of those in the few minutes I watched him (and I'd like to think he will at least ditch the scare tactics now) he was certainly still doing some of them and that was enough for me to see. If Ideal World think he is good for them so be it, but when you are used to softly spoken presenters the Mason style of presenting seems completely out of place. Maybe I just saw an anomalous two minutes, but I doubt it.

It would be a dull world if we all liked and disliked the same things.

Personally I don't anticipate seeing the very worst of this man's well catalogued excesses and simply because he's now on a more reputable channel but I don't expect too much difference to what has gone before.

Lets be clear, he'll always come across as (in my opinion) a very, very misplaced big headed bore because someone has filled his head with magic to make him that way (he never used to be like that). He's obviously never, ever going to be eloquent and for many people he'll always just come across as a gobby, aggressive Market Trader but as long as he can stick to the facts he'll do fine i'm sure.

But i'd imagine he's one of those people that, even in real life, he's either absolutely loved or absolutely detested with a passion. I doubt there's an in between with him, he's way too polarising.

I find he is one of the most watchable presenters - lots of fun

I would love to watch him say sorry to the person who hit his partners car who he called a mutant live on air. I would like to watch him say sorry to his very young child for using him as a selling tactic by going on about him sales pitch after sales pitch. I would like him to say sorry to me for trying (but failing as I wasn't even watching at the time) to intimidate me by mentioning me live on air. I would love to watch him say sorry for being sexist on many occasions. I would like to watch him at the dole office trying to work the 'pooter. This may sound harsh but he mislead thousands of people into thinking he was their TV buddy and can trust him whereas most shifts he would lie badly about at least one product.

PJ

PS Mike these are my personal views and may or may not be the view of ShoppingTelly.com or Graham

PJ-Why on earth would he apologise to a person who hit his partners car?! I don't know anyone who would apologise to some idiot that banged into their partner's car!! Why would he say sorry to his son for using him in a sales pitch?! Anytime I've seen him on air he has spoke about his child lovingly, so what if he likes to talk about his lovely little boy on air? You say he's been sexist...I have never seen him be sexist on Ideal World....indeed quite the opposite, he has spoken of how he enjoys doing the ironing and cooking? How is that sexist?! As for mentioning you on air, all he said was "Hello to PJ". Is that really a big deal?! I know you don't like Mike Mason at all which is fair enough, but the criticism on here is well overboard. Again, you are entitled to your opinion as am I.

"sexist on many occasions"

proof or GTFO

Well here's one possible occasion, I guess it's up to you whether or not you think it's sexist :-

"He was 'joking' with Kiri about her age and he said 'your eyes look older', not very funny but nothing too bad really. Kiri then said 'it's because of the boredom of working with you and they droop a bit'. Then, incredibly, he looked towards her chest and said, direct quote 'I wouldn't say they droop, they look quite lifted' and then said 'they will as you get older or you have kids'. It was at that point Kiri reminded him it was only 7pm"

He also once said that he had seen 'some brides that look like mutants and who look like they're inside out'

It's these kind of incidents that could possibly give the impression that he might be a little bit sexist, perhaps.

http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?41723-LMAO-at-Mike/page2

http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-42806-p-10.html

PJ-Why on earth would he apologise to a person who hit his partners car?! I don't know anyone who would apologise to some idiot that banged into their partner's car!! Why would he say sorry to his son for using him in a sales pitch?! Anytime I've seen him on air he has spoke about his child lovingly, so what if he likes to talk about his lovely little boy on air? You say he's been sexist...I have never seen him be sexist on Ideal World....indeed quite the opposite, he has spoken of how he enjoys doing the ironing and cooking? How is that sexist?! As for mentioning you on air, all he said was "Hello to PJ". Is that really a big deal?! I know you don't like Mike Mason at all which is fair enough, but the criticism on here is well overboard. Again, you are entitled to your opinion as am I.

Starting with the last thing first yes I think it was a big deal it was his not so subtle way of saying I am watching you, I see whaat you are saying. I standby every comment I made, I do believe that using your son to make a sale is pretty low. You may not have seen him be sexist but I saw it many a time. The biggest one for me was the car accident one. He used his postion on TV to have a go at someone without giving them a right to reply. For all we know it could have been his partner's fault and calling them a mutant live on air was dispicable IMHO. He also used his postion on TV to have a go at some tenants he had in one of his properties. Everytime someone makes an accusation about someone on TV they always give them the right to reply so as he was making accusations without giving them a right to reply, is just wrong.

Old Mikey boy uses pressure selling and he does the one thing I can't stand calls you mate when he's not your mate grrrrr also he is very sexist of 1960s proportions my personal opinion think he's vile

Latest posts

Back