Vitamix Creations Multi Function Blender TSV 22/08/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Not again, I've bought 2 already!

But I sent one back, it had 2 jugs, and I never used the smaller one.

So I bought the cheaper one with 1 jug, and some ear defenders.

Does anyone else think that these blinkin' TSV's are just getting so repetitive, or is it just me?

This one seems to have a holder for the tamper, as it is a difficult thing to store. So I keep mine in the jug, then I only have to store the small inner lid.

in the summer i open mu kitchen window and door so that all the neighbours can hear my vitamix roar

When I done a bit of research into the Nutrimaster on Ideal World, a few people on Google had said its made by the people who made Vitamix, that wasn't why I bought it though, I bought it because it was the Pick of The Day £179 on four flexi pays of £45, down from £444. I bought the almond colour and it's a gorgeous colour, the soup it makes comes out lovely too.

One thing I hadn't realised when listening to the hype.

It heats up the soup, but doesn't actually cook anything. So you are actually eating hot but raw onion, cabbage, carrots, potatoes, and whatever else you put into it. And raw pots are not good for you.

So I end up cooking everything in a saucepan, then just using the VM tp blitz it, so I could have just used a blender in the saucepan and saved a lot of washing up.

One thing I hadn't realised when listening to the hype.

It heats up the soup, but doesn't actually cook anything. So you are actually eating hot but raw onion, cabbage, carrots, potatoes, and whatever else you put into it. And raw pots are not good for you.

So I end up cooking everything in a saucepan, then just using the VM tp blitz it, so I could have just used a blender in the saucepan and saved a lot of washing up.

i would never use mine like this as i like to saute my ingredients first anyway giving a much better flavour. its a fabulous machine expensive but well worth the investment if you can stretch to it go for it

I always cook the veg before blitzing it in the Vitamix. Not eating much soap as summer and just the occasional smoohie

With mine, I blitz the veg in my Nutrimaster, add the stock then let it go for six minutes, it comes out smooth, tasty and extremely yummy :mysmilie_14: Don't know the guarentee for the Vitamix but I'm happy with the fives year warranty I got with the Nutrimaster, I'm really glad I bought it, it's is a better looking machine in my opinion and being digital helps too, the colour is gorgeous and the shatterproof 2 litre jug isn't clear, it has a lovely slightly tinted colour to it, yes it's one of my better buys from IW.

With mine, I blitz the veg in my Nutrimaster, add the stock then let it go for six minutes, it comes out smooth, tasty and extremely yummy :mysmilie_14: Don't know the guarentee for the Vitamix but I'm happy with the fives year warranty I got with the Nutrimaster, I'm really glad I bought it, it's is a better looking machine in my opinion and being digital helps too, the colour is gorgeous and the shatterproof 2 litre jug isn't clear, it has a lovely slightly tinted colour to it, yes it's one of my better buys from IW.

you got it at a very good price but ts over £400 with postage now and i got a vitamix for £370 with easy pays from qvc

That's why I had to grab it Boffy, they were selling out months ago at £444 so when I seen it it as the Pick Of The Day for £179 it would've been rude not to. :giggle:

Same story here, shopperholic. I bought the Omniblend from IW at a very good price and now they're also over the £400 mark. It does everything the Vitamix does and I love it.

Same story here, shopperholic. I bought the Omniblend from IW at a very good price and now they're also over the £400 mark. It does everything the Vitamix does and I love it.

I don't blame you Thatu, Omniblend is a really good make. IW do some great things now, from beauty to kitchen.

And I find their presenters overall less annoying, even the really annoying ones!!!!

I always steam cook root veggies (other than carrots which I love raw) before making soup in the Vitamix. It's only one extra step so not really any hassle.

I also add a small handful of cashews to soups which I think makes them a richer, creamier texture.

I'm a Lakeland addict and can recommend this steamer as it has its own colander to raise the food above the water.

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/15217/Red-Microwave-Multi-Steamer

I also use these brushes to get around the blades.

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/21626/Lakeland-Home-Spout-Brushes

Latest posts

Back