So exciting.......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They all come creeping back to shopping channels. I expected him to go onto much greater things since he was cut off in his prime on Bid. Not something to put on your CV!

Funnily enough he seems to have been replaced by a female guest on QVC for Lalique. One surviving video clip on a last clicks item as evidence he really did appear on QVC. He looked a right sight!

Will be interesting to see whether they diss/ignore Eyesential which tbh has been one of their mainstay products, with them through thick and thin, or should I say "thin and thinner!"

However, checking the IW, eyessential appears to have vanished - It must have been so good it made itself disappear along with all the wrinkles!

The only skincare range that would excite me would be Sen - It's amazing stuff, I bought some from Bid a couple of years back. Seems it's not being made any more, there's a limited selection available on Ebay, but the prices are really high. I remember paying about £15 incl p&p for a set including day cream, night cream, eye serum, handcream and firming body lotion!

I should say, in the one clip of Peter on QVC are things which I think may have caused him to not get a repeat booking.

1. He came out with that old chestnut about perfume being an investment, and recounted a tale of him selling his collection of miniatures and getting "a four figure sum" for them.
2. Alluding to having had a lot to drink... which looked particularly bad as he was unkempt and sweaty and lurching around while on camera.

It's quite clear in this that he really wasn't a good fit for QVC!

I should say, in the one clip of Peter on QVC are things which I think may have caused him to not get a repeat booking.

1. He came out with that old chestnut about perfume being an investment, and recounted a tale of him selling his collection of miniatures and getting "a four figure sum" for them.
2. Alluding to having had a lot to drink... which looked particularly bad as he was unkempt and sweaty and lurching around while on camera.

It's quite clear in this that he really wasn't a good fit for QVC!

Not quite what we like to call 'aspirational', is he...?

I would really like to see the return of, the one and only - I couldn't give a stuff - wait for it wait for it - Lord "GUY King Kong KEANE" :mysmilie_843:

I would really like to see the return of, the one and only - I couldn't give a stuff - wait for it wait for it - Lord "GUY King Kong KEANE" :mysmilie_843:

Oh eh, that man is so sarcastic and rude, you think he's going to punch the guests lights out just after embarrassing them, makes for uncomfortable yet funny viewing, watching the guest squirm because they haven't got the balls to stand up to him..........classic.

I wonder what Guy is doing these days? Is he running a stall at his local street market insulting passers by, yet at the same time, extolling the virtues of the Tansenite Dildos leftover from Bid he is trying to flog...

I wonder what Guy is doing these days? Is he running a stall at his local street market insulting passers by, yet at the same time, extolling the virtues of the Tansenite Dildos leftover from Bid he is trying to flog...

Let's hope he never ventured into the caring profession, could you imagine that?!

Let's hope he never ventured into the caring profession, could you imagine that?!

Ha ha, I can just imagine him working in an old people's home, telling the residents brusquely "don't come running to me if you get sick cos you haven't had your tablets" and pushing their wheelchairs at 90 miles per hour cos he's in a hurry!!! He definitely missed his vocation in life.

Ha ha, I can just imagine him working in an old people's home, telling the residents brusquely "don't come running to me if you get sick cos you haven't had your tablets" and pushing their wheelchairs at 90 miles per hour cos he's in a hurry!!! He definitely missed his vocation in life.

Yeah, and him standing there trying to flog the "worry Angels" to visitors, telling then how much better they'd make them feel.......then throwing them at them if they don't buy any.

I could envisage Guy running a retirement home for shopping telly presenters - swearing at the residents and deliberately mixing up everyone's meds and false teeth just for the hell of it.

Head above the parapet! Waves a white flag! Afternoon guys I hope you're all well...

Just a few points. I did 6 very successful shows with QVC, not 1. I resigned from QVC as a guest as I gambled on Equal World being a success which as we now know it wasn't.... I certainly wasn't let go from QVC and the time I "looked a right sight" was probably the time I had severe laryngitis but went in despite feeling like death. Then again maybe I just looked rotten. Who knows lol.

Now, my perfumes. I don't mind people criticising them if they've smelled them. But to call them paint stripper when you haven't tried them seems a bit unkind. So if you'd like a bottle sending out to you let me know. They are really nice! Honestly.

SO, Fabulift. It's not "another eyessential" but you'll have to watch on Monday to find out WHY it's different.

RIGHT, I think you'll see a different Peter anyway. I only working with brands that I love and I promise no shocked faces. Honest.

Have a lovely afternoon x

Head above the parapet! Waves a white flag! Afternoon guys I hope you're all well...

Just a few points. I did 6 very successful shows with QVC, not 1. I resigned from QVC as a guest as I gambled on Equal World being a success which as we now know it wasn't.... I certainly wasn't let go from QVC and the time I "looked a right sight" was probably the time I had severe laryngitis but went in despite feeling like death. Then again maybe I just looked rotten. Who knows lol.

Now, my perfumes. I don't mind people criticising them if they've smelled them. But to call them paint stripper when you haven't tried them seems a bit unkind. So if you'd like a bottle sending out to you let me know. They are really nice! Honestly.

SO, Fabulift. It's not "another eyessential" but you'll have to watch on Monday to find out WHY it's different.

RIGHT, I think you'll see a different Peter anyway. I only working with brands that I love and I promise no shocked faces. Honest.

Have a lovely afternoon x

Thank you for your reply. I did smell it Peter that's how I came up with the term "paint stripper" because to me that's what it smelled like, a heavy alcohol content. Working in the perfume industry you will know that not all perfumes will be liked by all people, the term I used was because to me, that's how it smelled and will not be made to feel bad about it, if it was nice I'd have said it was nice. I also think it's a wise decision not to go back to a company that was deceitful to customers and fined so many times by the Advertising Standards Authority, that BidTv was on their speed dial.

Thank you for your reply. I did smell it Peter that's how I came up with the term "paint stripper" because to me that's what it smelled like, a heavy alcohol content. Working in the perfume industry you will know that not all perfumes will be liked by all people, the term I used was because to me, that's how it smelled and will not be made to feel bad about it, if it was nice I'd have said it was nice. I also think it's a wise decision not to go back to a company that was deceitful to customers and fined so many times by the Advertising Standards Authority, that BidTv was on their speed dial.

Well said. I once saw a bottle of his perfume on eBay which described itself as new but sprayed once so they clearly weren't keen. As you can't test it beforehand I wasn't keen to try it. We can't all like everything and I don't like really heavy perfumes no matter how designer or expensive they are.

Well said. I once saw a bottle on eBay which described itself as new but sprayed once so they clearly weren't keen. As you can't test it beforehand I wasn't keen to try it. We can't all like everything and I don't like really heavy perfumes no matter how designer or expensive it is.

Thanks Mutts, you're right we can't all like everything, and to be honest, this is BidTv we're talking about, the company that sell poundland items for a tenner and £7.99 p&p so can you imagine how much this perfume cost to produce per bottle, mind you this also is the company that maid a Peter Simon figurine to mark ten years at Bid!.........I rest my case. :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back