Emma Bridgewater DAB Radio TSV 27/11/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They ALWAYS say that they can never demonstrate a radio because the studio is screened from radio waves.

But I am watching the video, and they are demonstrating it!

Luckily it is not Abbi's lies about being able to pick up stations from all over the world, but still MISLEADING INFORMATION IS BEING GIVEN.

They said it will pick up stations all over Europe because it is DAB+

This is true if you happen to BE IN THAT COUNTRY eg it will pick up French stations in France, German stations in Germany, etc, BUT NOT IN THE UK.

And another thing - - -

They say it will store 30 preset stations of your choice.

It will, but it is a fairly useless facility. On my Pure DAB radio, it only stores 6, but there are 6 buttons, one for each station, so I can change instantly.

On this radio, you can store 30 but have to use the arrow buttons to go through them sequentially, so at the very least you have to press the button 15 times to go through 14 stations you don't want, just to get to the one you want.

And if you can't remember what number the one you want is stored on, you may go the wrong way and have to press the button 30 times!

I don't know who the guest is, but she seems to have virtually no tech knowledge, certainly much less than the presenter, who is prompting her. She is mainly oohing and aaahing about the wallpaper coverings.

Strato - which Pure model have you got! I'm in the market for a DAB/FM portable and the button memory seems a good feature.

I've got the Pure Evoke D2, purchased from Amazon for £79. I have it in the bedroom and I'm very pleased with it - although would have bought today's TSV if I hadn't already bought the Pure.
Also have a Roberts Sound 80 elsewhere in the house, which is also a lovely radio, but much more masculine in style.

Another happy Pure DAB radio owner here, had it for 10 years now and still looks and sounds great. I doubt the model I own is still available (pure one elite) but you can preset loads of stations and you simply turn a dial round quickly to select the station you want, no fiddly pressing buttons to go through lots of channels to get to the one you want.

Last edited:
I bought the marmalade version before it went onto advanced orders .I need a new radio for the kitchen ,currently have a dilapidated elderly Roberts .

Ive never got on with DAB in the past but going to give it another try. The tuning was always a pain and poor signal.

Anyway hopefully things will have improved.

I bought the marmalade version before it went onto advanced orders .I need a new radio for the kitchen ,currently have a dilapidated elderly Roberts .

Ive never got on with DAB in the past but going to give it another try. The tuning was always a pain and poor signal.

Anyway hopefully things will have improved.

Ive bought the sampler as I love that it says Love on it and is pink lol...hubby doesn't know what to get me for Christmas ...so I've helped him lol ....I love radio ...and I needed a new alarm clock radio so what a great excuse ..:clock::song:

QVC is such a weird company!

This radio is exactly the same as the View Quest Retro Mini, except for the Emma wallpaper.

They still sell this one, and it has 24 reviews. It has scored 4.4 out of 5, lots of 5-star reviews.

Why on earth didn't they put these reviews onto this radio as well?

BTW my favourite today was the marmalade, now sold out.

From memory, someone on post 16 said about this, and when I saw it, I commented myself that the Emma website was selling it for less than the Q TSV price, taking account of PP.

£59-95 with free delivery.

Just checked, posts 16,17,19

But Q has 2 easy pays and 30 day (or about 60 day if a gift) returns

Latest posts

Back