Renee TSV 2.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 198
  • Renee TSV 3.jpg
    Renee TSV 3.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 195
  • Renee TSV 4.jpg
    Renee TSV 4.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 176
"Godet" is obviously Q`s idea of the latest fashion style. We had the awful Nina Leonard dress with "godet" inserts and now we have this Renee top with "godet" inserts. All I can say is by the time this tsv is over we`ll be sick of hearing the word "godet". Both the NL dress and this Renee top have headache inducing patterned fabrics and who buys this stuff ?
It reminds me of when I visited a ladies quilting group in America. Lots of ladies beavering away sewing patchwork quilts (which were actually gorgeous I hasten to add) and the ladies were all dressed in sofa covering patterned tops. white trousers and white sneaker style shoes and either a sun visor or a baseball cap. This Renee top would go down a bomb with them !

Vienna, this just confirms a comment I made on another thread that QVC is aimed at the mid-American woman, who has no idea of fashion, but just wants 'something nice' to wear to the clam-bake and church on Sunday!

Mind you, it is also the sort of thing that can be found on the racks in the supermarket - but cheaper.

Oh my - What a monstrosity! It looks as though "mom" has run out of clothes and has squeezed herself into her 11 year old daughter's dress and decided that it'll work as a top - It doesn't! The fabric is of course "sweaty" and the prints...OMG . It's a toss up between the "Jackson Pollock" and the strangely coloured snakeskin to decide which one is the worst. The paisley could've done with out the bright yellow flowers as this makes it even more garish than it already is .
Do you know what...I actually like the "hidden tiger" design and on a flowing chiffon scarf or a thin beach kimono...yep it would be quite nice...also I think it would make a lovely duvet set or cushion covers.....but definitely not on anything else.
Qvc...please note - I might consider buying clothes from you if you started selling garments that are wearable and affordable. In the mean time I shall enjoy laughing at your complete ineptitude when it comes to style and fashion!

Vienna, this just confirms a comment I made on another thread that QVC is aimed at the mid-American woman, who has no idea of fashion, but just wants 'something nice' to wear to the clam-bake and church on Sunday!

Mind you, it is also the sort of thing that can be found on the racks in the supermarket - but cheaper.
Yes you`re probably right Brissles. The ladies I met in the quilting group were from Palm Springs which is a popular area for retirement. They were all age 60 plus and their attitudes were as lively as the sofa patterned tops they wore, it was a kind of uniform lol.
Changing the subject, the quilts were fantastic. All hand made and some of them become family heirlooms passed from Mother to daughter and so on. They must have put many hundreds of hours into some of them and they have certain family motifs they sew into them such as flower or animal images and certain family patterns.
I was fascinated by them and as a non sewer with 2 left hands I was in awe of their skills. They had odd ones for sale but they were really expensive which is hardly surprising considering the time and effort put into making them but they were also huge, far too big for most UK beds and far too heavy to bring home.
Not only is Palm Springs a popular retirement area (they have sunshine 360 days a year) but it also has more cosmetic surgeons than any other area in America and I could see some of the ladies had obviously had a cosmetic touch up here and there.

My abhorrence of plastic includes polyester & my hatred of China means I don't buy clothes from certain retailers & that includes the Q - sadly I have done in the past. I'm also a second hand Rose & over the years I have bought some fantastic items from eBay & Etsy. I spend hours on both of them looking at Per Una & Laura Ashley & even though I wouldn't/couldn't buy the ruffled & leg o mutton sleeved dresses of my upper teens & twenties I have found quite a few I can wear as a 61 year old granny. On Monday I was reminiscing with my sister about my favourite LA dresses, on Tuesday I found one on eBay & it arrived yesterday. Immaculate condition, colours as clear as the original (photo, not memory) & a reminder of happy days 🥰

"Godet" is obviously Q`s idea of the latest fashion style. We had the awful Nina Leonard dress with "godet" inserts and now we have this Renee top with "godet" inserts. All I can say is by the time this tsv is over we`ll be sick of hearing the word "godet". Both the NL dress and this Renee top have headache inducing patterned fabrics and who buys this stuff ?
It reminds me of when I visited a ladies quilting group in America. Lots of ladies beavering away sewing patchwork quilts (which were actually gorgeous I hasten to add) and the ladies were all dressed in sofa covering patterned tops. white trousers and white sneaker style shoes and either a sun visor or a baseball cap. This Renee top would go down a bomb with them !
I can visualise those women 😀

Is godet this seasons equivalent of cold shoulder? If so expect to see it on everything for many seasons to come as they are still flogging (and wearing, yes I mean you LornaKo) the bliddy awful CS styles.

I like a tunic top to cover my bum and it lets me wear slimmer trousers but these seem impossible to come by.

LATI - cold shoulder equivalent ? only in the eyes of the behind the times American designers. Did you see the,...... yep, American lady on the diamond show last night ? and what was she wearing ? a godawful red cold shoulder top !

I can visualise those women 😀
Years ago I visited my great aunt in a Florida retirement village. I met these women. They were lovely. Some were odd, I think some may have had mental health issues but they were the nicest people, if oddly dressed :D

My great aunt only wore posh stuff of course lol. Truth, she did. She never minded what she called my girlie shindig clothes :ROFLMAO:

CC

Attitudes by Renee Printed Como Jersey Godet Tunic with Pockets
Item Number: 186756
QVC Price £40.00
Todays Special Value Price £24.98
P&P £3.95

This stylish tunic top from Attitudes by Renee features a striking all-over print, godet inserts at the hemline, functional pockets, a round neckline and 3/4-length sleeves. Daytime to evening, summer to autumn, this top will prove to be a flattering and versatile addition to your wardrobe that's easily styled to suit the occasion or season.

Curve confidence - boasting godet inserts at the hemline, this tunic top skims effortlessly over your hips to create the look of an hourglass figure while flattering your body perfectly. Plus, the 3/4-length sleeves provide that extra bit of coverage, so you can feel fabulous and confident all day.

What's the occasion? Whether you're after a relaxed casual outfit or an elegant evening option, this tunic top will always fit the bill. For a laid-back day-to-day look, team with your favourite jeans, trainers and add a leather-look biker jacket for a cool, modern edge. Heading out for dinner? Try pairing with slim-fit black trousers and a blazer, plus your best heels for good measure!

Transitional style - as the summer days go on, it's good to have a selection of key pieces that can carry you through into the new season. While the sun is still out, this tunic top will look great with a skirt or a pair of linen trousers, but as we start to move into autumn, why not layer under your favourite cardigans for a look that's as cosy as it is chic.

Pick your print - with five beautiful prints on offer, there's something to suit every taste. Take a walk on the wild side with the Floral Animal and Snake Multi options, add a splash of colour to your wardrobe with Paisley Floral and Multi, or embrace on-trend earth tones in Natural.

• 94% polyester, 6% elastane
  • Hand wash cold

Colour options:

• Floral Animal
  • Paisley Floral
  • Natural
  • Multi
  • Snake Multi

Garment measurements:

• Chest: XS: 84cm (33"), S: 39cm (35"), M: 94cm (37"), L: 99cm (39"), XL: 107cm (42), 2XL: 119.5cm (47"), 3XL: 129.5cm (51")
  • Length: XS: 71cm (28"), S: 72cm (28.5"), M: 73.5cm (29"), L: 75cm (29.5"), XL: 76cm (30"), 2XL: 78.5cm (31"), 3XL: 80cm (31.5")

All measurements are approximate

There was a sleeveless dress which if it didn’t have shark bite hem would have been ok, certainly on the model, but it’s a woolly jumper and brolly we need here this last 6 weeks so it would just go in the cupboard with all the other redundant holiday clothes.

Yet again, the poor models had to wear a size too small so that it wrinkles around the waist. It's just not a flattering look, especially when it billows out at the hips. No garish pattern can disguise a poor-fitting garment and we are definitely talking garish here - much more flattering would have been looser on the waist and less fabric on the hips.

Yep, it's one ugly mess. I've just had a look at the recording with Jill Franks, who has decided to describe it as a 'G'day' tunic :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back