Underwear

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

As a few here have said, nothing beats an assistant who's been doing it for years and knows what's what by just looking. There are so many boob shapes as well as sizes that the perfect fitting isn't always the standard one.

So, I was in M&S this morning and decided to buy knickers. Had a wander around the knickers and spotted Period Pants! Never heard of them before and well past the menopause. QVC missing a trick I think.
Anybody in particular not (yet) selling them? And if it came to pass, would said items have an orange trim and initialled logo?

So, I was in M&S this morning and decided to buy knickers. Had a wander around the knickers and spotted Period Pants! Never heard of them before and well past the menopause. QVC missing a trick I think.
Yes, Period Pants have been around for a while now. And all over the London Underground at the moment are adverts for period swimwear with 100% leak protection🙄

I buy Glamorize or Triumph bras when on special offer. I’ve found by trial and error that these are the most supportive and comfortable.

I love Glamorize bras. I used to pick a few up whenever I visited America and would have my cousin bring some over. I buy the front-fastener ones that have what looks like a clip that will never hold up to the job but I've never had one fail. The underwire is padded and is the most comfortable wired bra I've worn.

I'm generally a 38DD but if I'm shopping and want to try different brands or designs or just want the best fit in the same design I take bras sized 38D/36DD etc., just to find the best fit for that type. I was told by a fitter to try sizing down band and upping cup or the other way around if my size was unavailable. It does sort of work in a pinch but I know I'll regret it if I don't get the fit right.

If the wires don't fit my breasts correctly I now pick another design. I'm too old and too ugly to put up with wires too short so they dig into my breast or too big so they dig into my armpit. I'm fed up with trying to stitch wires back in which is always a problem with the wrong size. On one occasion I caught an odd look on a man's face in the Post Office. My wire had poked out and was sticking out of the front of my blouse.

I'm another convert to the Ahh Bra types. M&S Fexifit crop tops being my faves. I size down in these. They're initially a bit tight to get on but the under-band gives after a few washes. No mono boob either. They also dry quick if you take the padding out first. Roll padding up like a cigar being rolled on a woman's thigh (only over 50's will get that) and fiddle it out a bit. Voila!

Oh, period/leak pants. There's no real difference in them apart from the way you wash them. If you use them for periods they need to be rinsed in cold water before washing so the stain doesn't set. If used for leaks wash at 40 degrees as soon as you can.

They both have a wick away/lock-in layer and a good brand has a layer that prevents smells (the M&S ones use a form of silver in theirs according to the swing ticket). Lucky me, I'm still having periods and use tampons. They do leak occasionally so I use them as a back-up rather than liners.

I've had no problems with them leaking or any smells.

Latest posts

Back