Yankee Candles TSV 24/07/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So did the new Yankee store put Steven's existing Yankee store out of business then? Don't they calculate things like this when opening up new stores? But then if he is selling many candles from his personal collection on ebay, I assume it was loss making..... He must be so upset.

So did the new Yankee store put Steven's existing Yankee store out of business then? Don't they calculate things like this when opening up new stores? But then if he is selling many candles from his personal collection on ebay, I assume it was loss making..... He must be so upset.

His Twitter statement included this: 'The feeling of loss & failure is overwhelming...' I feel really sorry for him & all my Mr T can do is sing songs or make jokes about flames, wax & smoke.

even big stores in london are closing because rents are so high. and footfall is so low. Argos are now in our local Sainsburys which is a good idea as they are a catalogue based business. but i suspect there will be job losses which is not so good

Rents are high thanks to rapacious landlords but so are business rates of course. Shops are closing down in Putney High Street which is a standard shopping venue, not bijou and artisan. We have lost M&S, Clinton's and I noticed a bakery had gone on Friday. The trouble here is that at any sign of weakness developers leap in to redevelop the blocks into even more flats. We need good shops too!

I had a quick look at Steven's Twitter page (limited as I cannot log in so only see public posts) and noted his brief description just says used to be on telly and there is one collage of pics of him in his heyday, with a comment that I can't remember but think was nostalgic. I'm sure he must be very depressed about how it has all gone wrong and is missing the YC Q role, and perhaps the time when he was a model. I didn't see any posts or references about the ghastly husband but his sister from another mister (Chuntley) had posted supportive messages.

Regarding QVC trio jars packaging - I ordered 2 of the last TSV's, but only one was delivered. It was packaged as before in the sturdy box with cardboard dividers and top opening - and as usual arrived in perfect condition.
However, after chasing QVC and convincing them I was only sent one set, and not the two I paid for, they sent me another set. But this was in a much flimsier box, thinner cardboard, and much thinner dividers, and the box was end opening. The candles were all rattling around, all the lids had come off, and I was very lucky none of them were broken or chipped.

I have been looking At Steven's Yankee sale on ebay and one of the candles (latest bid £31) is Turkey and Stuffing. I feel quite sick at the thought of that.

His vendor name is desparatelyseekingmadonna for anyone interested. I'm not planning on buying (I don't use eBay anyway) but just looked out of interest.

:mysmilie_59:

I'm sorry that is a bit beyond me! But if you go to eBay and search for "Yankee Candle Steven Corfield" they come up, about 20 items. And then if you see one you can click on the vendor name desparatelyseekingmadonna and call up all items.

Sorry I don't know how to do links from a tablet which is very uncooperative!! :confused:

I wasn't sure how much of a selling point the "owned by SC" would be, but some of those auctions ending soon have crazy bidding so far!

Can't help wonder what Q think of him stating he is from QVC

As for the prices some of the items are at......:wonder::mysmilie_466:

Last edited:
some of those candles are acutally worth that & more, i know lots of people who acutally proper collect them & they tell me the prices when someone enquires to me about a candle they wanna sell & so those prices are about right

Latest posts

Back