Peter Simon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yesilkedi

Registered Shopper
I watched the launch of the POTD last night presented by Peter Simon. Why oh why is he allowed to present fashion? it was embarrassing to watch his hands on the models in most inappropriate places. If I had been in their place he would have received a slap round the face!

Whenever I see PS name in the title of a thread, I cringe but have to read. It's a bit like seeing him on screen - you cringe but have to watch: just how bad is he going to be this time? how inappropriate, revolting, smutty?

It is cringe worthy ,I cannot watch him for more than a few minutes.Lynn seemed to deal with him OK but I had to switch over. At the beginning he started with a monologue that sounded like he thought he was playing Shakespeare or something. He really does have a high opinion of himself.

This has been a regular topic, and has been commented on here many times about his wandering hands. He always seems to get away with it. I think he needs to be stopped, quick smart. If his behaviour is acceptable to IW, then goodness only knows how much lower standards can go. Most, if not all of the presenters seem to be getting more manic. I don't believe IW when they spout this is a record busting, best year ever. I have it on in the background, and get bit fed up with the screeching, shouting, constant surprises of amazement, regular incorrect prices of one easy pay being the full price giving the wrong price impression. Don't get me started on the ever decreasing list of goods on offer. Oh, and get ready for the fitness stuff on it's way for the next 6 months. Gawd help us all!

Whenever I see PS name in the title of a thread, I cringe but have to read. It's a bit like seeing him on screen - you cringe but have to watch: just how bad is he going to be this time? how inappropriate, revolting, smutty?

I've got a bottle of champagne on ice and I'm going to pop it open the day Peter Simon finishes a sentence and doesn't say "not only" The champagne will soon be vintage. I think Ideal World mistakenly take him as popular instead of the blundering, foolish ball of sexual innuendos that he is.

With his smutty so-called "jokes", 1970's "humour", lack of proper preparation, his mis-information and disingenuous comments I cannot imagine for one minute that a reputable channel would employ him. A good presenter is one who has done their homework about the product, so they can give the viewer (or encourage the guest to tell the viewer) what they need to know to make a purchase. Instead of which, Pete hides behind a string of silly comments, innuendoes and superlatives that tell you diddly-squat - all done to hide a lack of knowledge - but still they don't take him to task.

In my opinion, IW have already scraped the barrel employing the ex-Bid lot, so I don't think they are at all concerned about presenters' behaviour - on the contrary. But in fairness, I don't think IW are the only 'manic' ones by a long chalk - all the selly telly presenters are getting increasingly manic, with Gemporia's current crop of presenters increasingly shouting and over-acting. I rarely watch any of the channels for longer than about 3 minutes these days because I just cannot stand the assault on my eardrums, and can't be bothered to keep putting them on mute.

This has been a regular topic, and has been commented on here many times about his wandering hands. He always seems to get away with it. I think he needs to be stopped, quick smart. If his behaviour is acceptable to IW, then goodness only knows how much lower standards can go. Most, if not all of the presenters seem to be getting more manic. I don't believe IW when they spout this is a record busting, best year ever. I have it on in the background, and get bit fed up with the screeching, shouting, constant surprises of amazement, regular incorrect prices of one easy pay being the full price giving the wrong price impression. Don't get me started on the ever decreasing list of goods on offer. Oh, and get ready for the fitness stuff on it's way for the next 6 months. Gawd help us all!

With his smutty so-called "jokes", 1970's "humour", lack of proper preparation, his mis-information and disingenuous comments I cannot imagine for one minute that a reputable channel would employ him. A good presenter is one who has done their homework about the product, so they can give the viewer (or encourage the guest to tell the viewer) what they need to know to make a purchase. Instead of which, Pete hides behind a string of silly comments, innuendoes and superlatives that tell you diddly-squat - all done to hide a lack of knowledge - but still they don't take him to task.

In my opinion, IW have already scraped the barrel employing the ex-Bid lot, so I don't think they are at all concerned about presenters' behaviour - on the contrary. But in fairness, I don't think IW are the only 'manic' ones by a long chalk - all the selly telly presenters are getting increasingly manic, with Gemporia's current crop of presenters increasingly shouting and over-acting. I rarely watch any of the channels for longer than about 3 minutes these days because I just cannot stand the assault on my eardrums, and can't be bothered to keep putting them on mute.

I couldn't agree more, and I said on the SJ thread that the blame for these awful manic presentations lie with IW for employing these goons, and not trying to make them behave in a professional manner. Unless viewers and buyers disappear in their droves nothing will change, or the channel receives so many complaints that they get pulled off the air! These buggers are here to stay sadly!

I had IW on in background when my neighbour came in she never looks at shopping channels when she saw PS running his hands over the model and touching places he should not be touching she said that man is creepy then when she heard him ask the model to put her hand in his pocket and say he could make this bigger even i as a man was amazed what he was getting away with, speak to him IW please.

I remember a time Steve Whatley had to face a court hearing about inappropriate behaviour towards female members of IW - why is this sleazeball allowed to get away with such offensive behaviour?

He (PS)really is a disgrace.Can you imagine if he was on a programme such as the news for example and he started groping his co-presenter?Why he thinks just because they are models they can be treated like that is awful.The kind of behaviour most people just wouldn't dare do today.He seems to be untouchable at IW in my opinion.

Dirty Peter, such wandering hands. Should 'Bet' should be worried, what with him being such a red blooded male? Hmmm, I don't think so.

As vile as his pawing is (yellow fingernails are not attractive) I think the models are quite safe. It's the customers who aren't safe from these schlocks, including the far too gobby models. I'll spell out all that anyone really needs to know about these miserable fashion 'shows' even if they don't ever say it.

P O L Y E S T E R :mysmilie_59:

Think its clear, He is working at IW as he would struggle to get ANY other work ANYWHERE else on the planet Its blatant that IW dont give a toss about who they employ as long as enough £££££ roll in thats all IW care about.

And no doubt most of the IW salesfolk are on relative peanuts and upto the eyeballs in debt all trying to live the superstar lifestyle while trying to keep the ego's massaged.

I couldnt believe what I was seeing today when said presenters hands were so so so close to a models most intimate parts..........this is live on TV, the mind worries and boggles as to what its like off camera????

Think its clear, He is working at IW as he would struggle to get ANY other work ANYWHERE else on the planet Its blatant that IW dont give a toss about who they employ as long as enough £££££ roll in thats all IW care about.

And no doubt most of the IW salesfolk are on relative peanuts and upto the eyeballs in debt all trying to live the superstar lifestyle while trying to keep the ego's massaged.

I couldnt believe what I was seeing today when said presenters hands were so so so close to a models most intimate parts..........this is live on TV, the mind worries and boggles as to what its like off camera????

For some reason, I get the feeling he's probably quite different off camera, aloof and grumpy, and probably doesn't even bother to talk to, let alone "paw" the ladies backstage. He's the sort who probably wouldn't bother doing anything unless he's got an audience!

For some reason, I get the feeling he's probably quite different off camera, aloof and grumpy, and probably doesn't even bother to talk to, let alone "paw" the ladies backstage. He's the sort who probably wouldn't bother doing anything unless he's got an audience!

He just slips baxk into his coffin.

I agree, merryone. I always get the impression that he requires an audience to show off to - backstage is far too tame, and there's no captive audience, they are all busy with other things. His face often gives away that he is not the jolly old 1970's ex kiddies entertainer - if anyone comes in with a funny quip of their own, or talks more than he does, he doesn't like it, you can tell that from his whole persona. I believe he really thinks he's some kind of celebrity - talk about delusions. He's a dated, unfunny presenter on a 3rd-rate selly telly channel, in my opinion, and that's about it.

QUOTE=merryone;878506]For some reason, I get the feeling he's probably quite different off camera, aloof and grumpy, and probably doesn't even bother to talk to, let alone "paw" the ladies backstage. He's the sort who probably wouldn't bother doing anything unless he's got an audience![/QUOTE]

I think he has worked just about everywhere hasn't he?Didn't last long at Gems for some reason.He has a fan page on FB where he's seen as a God of tv entertainment. Well I told some facts on IW FB and got blocked.

They showed a print of a house that he wants to retire to. So he has two now because that's a different house to the one he said he wanted to retire to a while back. Whichever it is, I wish he would get his wish and bugga off and retire there, silly twerp.

Isn't the 'art expert' the guy that does the garden furniture in the summer?

Latest posts

Back