JR’s Blog

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Evie

Registered Shopper
JR has had a QVC garden expert in to advise her on her garden. I hope she wasn’t charged too much !??? Anyway, someone has commented saying it might be a good idea for a QVC Customer to have a similar experience. I wonder if JR will get the implied message? Probably not.

JR has had a QVC garden expert in to advise her on her garden. I hope she wasn’t charged too much !??? Anyway, someone has commented saying it might be a good idea for a QVC Customer to have a similar experience. I wonder if JR will get the implied message? Probably not.

if im right that is acutally george from de jager plants doing it

This is simply more evidence as to why QVC 'presenters' never move on. Working at a tv department store with all the staff perks, numerous freebies and 'try-outs' that a real life shop worker in a proper shop can only dream about. I bet few of them have items in their home that they've actually paid for. And I've often wondered about the pierced earrings that are tried on during shows, - hardly likely to go back in stock are they.

Yes, I think its a great idea having the viewers involved. I think they still have 'send outs' to viewers for trying products, - I've been a purchaser for 20 years and never been asked - but we should see them on air and asking 'real' questions.

I hope they declare these perks and benefits on their tax returns. I used to get some great perks from my employers but HMRC calculated their taxation value down to the last penny and made sure I paid it. Hard to escape when on PAYE.

I'm sure Michael Perry had a garden consultation competition on his website where he comes to visit your garden and gives advice. Not exactly a makeover but would be nice to have him round lol.

CC

I am sure many years ago they had some sort of competition and the winner got a makeover on hair makeup an outfit and maybe jewellery.Aveda was the hair products used and they got to keep everything. Don't know if it ever happened again.

It would be nice for the customers to benefit and not the spoilt freebie receiving and I am sure very well paid presenters.

Remember when they had a competition for “the face of diamonique” and a lady viewer won and appeared on several shows modelling and talking about the items. Didn’t last long and of course that was before every jewellery show was Eek taken over by Gatling gun Kenan.

It’s sickening the amount of freebies the QVC customers pay for through inflated prices and postage for these over pampered shop assistants, it’s even more sickening and crass the way they rub it the people’s faces knowing there’s not a darn thing they can do about it.

She probably got her bespoke engagement ring at cost via the Eek Queen the O'Reilly woman who is an expert in watches (apparently) and ready to wear 'fine' jewellery - whatever that is.

https://www.bijouxjewels.co.uk/about-us/alison-oreilly/

She said that A O’R designed it for her. Obviously all the other wedding sets she has worn over the years have only been trial runs and needless to say none of Q offerings were good enough.

yes apparently so, but I imagine the large stone with a smaller one either side didn't exactly put the 'design' cells in overdrive !!!

She would probably describe it as “traditional with a twist”.

Naughty Mum, you've not been listening correctly. It's actually 'traditional with a contemporary twist'

( I used this a lot in my PR days when having to do a release for a piece of tat.)

Another blog and another bragging session. Reader please note she has only driven soft top cars for the last 20 years. Her mum who was visiting over Easter was suitably impressed and amazed with her kitchen, dining area and garden. Her kitchen was like a scene from the Bake Off, of course it would be. Please also note the new garden furniture which just had to be shared. On and on she goes bragging away and at one point her sewing skills needed to be mentioned again.

For me and I know for others she really has become very difficult to like. I can imagine a group of QVC presenters have decided not to read any forums which might mention them and possibly in a negative way but I can’t see why because if they write blogs for us to read then they can’t object to feedback. Anyway, just in case anyone is reading our responses and knows them I feel JR, DF CS in particular should take note, I feel showing off and bragging is rather horrible and at their age they should know better. They might respond with don’t read the blogs but unfortunately this rather vulgar behaviour makes a frequent appearance onto our screens. Only my opinion because I am sure there are millions of people out there who enjoy sharing someone’s self obsessed bragging.

lovely pics of her as a little girl with her mum...bless! the house is alright and so is the garden not spectacular though!

Another blog and another bragging session. Reader please note she has only driven soft top cars for the last 20 years. Her mum who was visiting over Easter was suitably impressed and amazed with her kitchen, dining area and garden. Her kitchen was like a scene from the Bake Off, of course it would be. Please also note the new garden furniture which just had to be shared. On and on she goes bragging away and at one point her sewing skills needed to be mentioned again.

For me and I know for others she really has become very difficult to like. I can imagine a group of QVC presenters have decided not to read any forums which might mention them and possibly in a negative way but I can’t see why because if they write blogs for us to read then they can’t object to feedback. Anyway, just in case anyone is reading our responses and knows them I feel JR, DF CS in particular should take note, I feel showing off and bragging is rather horrible and at their age they should know better. They might respond with don’t read the blogs but unfortunately this rather vulgar behaviour makes a frequent appearance onto our screens. Only my opinion because I am sure there are millions of people out there who enjoy sharing someone’s self obsessed bragging.

Was it a tent then?

Latest posts

Back