Aeropilates presenter Marjolein Brugman has had aa face 'workout'

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

JR's Ego

Registered Shopper
Wow
What can I say except 'Cameron Diaz'!!

It has to be said though, she really (IMO) required work in the face department, regardless of her age.
Not only was her skin sun damaged and leathered, she had face hollows and maybe slight jaw work required

So, to me, Marjolein Brugman looks like she has had the following:
IF scalpel surgery:

• A full SMAS facelift with neck correction, (for facial muscle rejuvenation) or even a deep plane lift
  • An upper eyelid blepharoplasty
  • Fraxel skin ablation.. (laser for skin damage)
  • then, injectable fillers (to gain youthful fullness) and botox (to freeze facial dynamics)

OR non-surgical...
Liquid facelift, (fillers and botox only) and collagen to thicken the skin, and finally a liquid eye lift

The main difference I find is that she seems to have lost that Chin angle (Witches chin). which would be resolved by either softening through fillers on the jaw, or literally shaving the bone tip of her chin, to round it off

Either way, I think money well spent. I think she looks amazing... and if she had done the scalpel route, its a tough, painful risky recovery, and a procedure that should not be considered lightly. So kudos to her

Maybe if she now gained a stone to smooth off the vascularity on her physique, that would also add to her new youthful look

I would guess a bill of £20,000 IF she had theatre procedures
Well done Marj! Looking good

oh I typed 'a' twice in the heading through excitement LOL

Last edited:
Oh, someone who seems to know about cosmetic surgery ! What would you advise for my upper arms - serious bingo wings after losing 4 Stones. No amount of gym and swimming has toned them up one bit and I'm thinking surgery is the only solution.

Oh, someone who seems to know about cosmetic surgery ! What would you advise for my upper arms - serious bingo wings after losing 4 Stones. No amount of gym and swimming has toned them up one bit and I'm thinking surgery is the only solution.

Contact Dr Bassi at Selston cosmetic clinic. I can recommend him personally. He is extremely good. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for. Alternatively, Dr Claoué at the Clinique Alphand in Paris is excellent. Another one I can recommend personally. Yes I have had a few things done, I'm not ashamed to say.

She came on last year with teeth missing and lisping then on the next visit had a full set of new white perfect teeth. I think she has a full make over so Pilates must be paying well. I wonder if she still like a tipple:mysmilie_11:

She came on last year with teeth missing and lisping then on the next visit had a full set of new white perfect teeth. I think she has a full make over so Pilates must be paying well. I wonder if she still like a tipple:mysmilie_11:

Dont we all :mysmilie_3:

First of all a huge congratulations on your amazing weight loss!

Of course, one can only do so much regarding redundant skin, which is what you have
I always use this analogy "a shrinking mars bar will always have a loose wrapper"

The usual procedure you require would be Bilateral Brachioplasty http://www.realself.com/question/bilateral-brachioplasty

Please steer away from 'advertised on google' surgeons - a recommendation from a friend of A reputable surgeon uk is good Check BAPRAS members here
http://www.bapras.org.uk/home/find-a-member

I imagine this procedure privately would cost approx £5,000 to £7,000. Not sure if this particular recon procedure is available on NHS

Ps... you have to be within your healthy BMI and be absolutely sure you wont re-gain. Otherwise surgery would be unwise

Last edited:
Eric's Mum you might find that you need to have this done as two separate procedures. Anything bilateral involving a surgical resection of large amounts of skin is quite a major procedure. If you have someone to help you for 2-3 weeks you could have them both done together. They might recommend a general anaesthetic or could possibly do a "twilight sedation" where you are drugged up to the eyeballs. I had a rhinoplasty done under a general and it was totally painless. I couldn't breathe through my nose for 3 weeks and I also had a sore throat because of the intubation and breathing through my mouth, and I looked like I'd been run over by a bus, but NO PAIN! Now I look great. I'm so glad I did it. Also I had liposuction on my abs. I have a good body, quite fit, but no amount of diet and exercise could get rid of this thin band of flab, so I had it liposuctioned away! The most painful part was paying £2,500 for it. I felt like I'd been trampled on by an elephant for 6 weeks, and had to wear a pressure garment / corset which squashed so tight I could hardly breathe and made me feel faint every time to took it off. But now my abs are great and I have a visible 6 pack. No flab! I spent absolutely AGES researching my surgeons. I interviewed them all as if they were doing a job for me. When I found Drs Bassi and Claoué I just knew they were right for me. When I went to my school reunion and they were all looking haggard, and I looked young and fresh, I just smiled to myself. They were all so horrible to me years ago but I had the last laugh! I would say don't rush into anything. It's something you are doing for you, and it has to meet an revolve around your needs. Ask loads of questions and if they don't answer to your satisfaction, walk away. Trust your gut instinct. When I was researching surgeons for my rhinoplasty I met up with Dr Michael Evan Sachs. On paper he looked great, but he was a charlatan who had killed 2 patients as was highly unprofessional. At the time I was working at a library in Paris and, as if by magic, a copy of the New York Times fell off the shelf in our archive room. I picked it up to put it back, and noticed it had a story about Sachs on the front page. He was the most sued MD in the whole of New York State. After years of botching surgeries, he's finally been banned. He put on a great caring act, yet when I asked him certain questions, he snapped at me. That, and the article was enough to warn me against him.

Well I'm going to have to watch this woman now to see what the difference is ,I usually don't bother as I don't have space for the machine.

Well done Eric's mum for the weight loss.Its not easy and you must have been determined.i suppose the surgery you want is not available on the NHS?

its quite a nice job. a more tradditional looking face lift rather than the lunch time filler jobs. talking about fillers. you know the blond model with the tongue piercing. she does lots of modelling for qvc inc the hair do wigs. her face is starting to lean. too much cheapish jobs done. she also has the rubber lips

The trouble with surgery is the risk to your life. People do die. I know of a 16 year old who had a nose job and never came round from the operation. To die from a purely cosmetic operation.

i would imagine its very rare though. but it is a risk. i had to have a procedure and the risk was there. drs will tell you what can go wrong. my risk was relatively high but neeed the op. what do you do.

sad someone died from a nose op

If she's having bits and bobs done l wonder if her bunions will be on the list. I find them very distracting.

If she's having bits and bobs done l wonder if her bunions will be on the list. I find them very distracting.

I noticed them too - having bunions myself, I tend to spot them on others. Mind you, hers are not actually severe, as they don't impede her movement, or seem to be forcing her toes sideways. I asked about surgery for mine and was advised against - it's not always successful and doesn't guarantee there won't be a recurrence. If it was painful or difficult to walk, I'd go for it, though.

I think the last time I was at physio I read a leaflet about keyhole procedures for bunions (sorry I don't know anything about it really but it sounded less debilitating, so might be worth googling).

For me, it's less about the surgery itself and more about the chances of it not succeeding - unless there is going to be a definite improvement I don't see the point.

well observed! and quite a funny post considering your ST name! :mysmilie_14::mysmilie_14::mysmilie_14:

Thanks all for your FB.
All cosmetic surgery should be a 'final' option, rather than a casual first consideration

Yep, most cosmetic surgery requires a post surgical carer. (all replies here are really bang on helpful) Even little things such as brushing your own hair can be difficult post arm lift for the first week.

Aftercare is critical from family & surgical team

I noticed them too - having bunions myself, I tend to spot them on others. Mind you, hers are not actually severe, as they don't impede her movement, or seem to be forcing her toes sideways. I asked about surgery for mine and was advised against - it's not always successful and doesn't guarantee there won't be a recurrence. If it was painful or difficult to walk, I'd go for it, though.

Her feet are like the Ace of Spades. I imagine the bunion surgery would be quite painful, essentially having bits of bone sawn off your feet - ouch!

I'm going to get my teeth done next! They are not bad but I would like them to be better. I think I will get them done in Lithuania.

I'm going to get my teeth done next! They are not bad but I would like them to be better. I think I will get them done in Lithuania.

That's the thing about cosmetic procedures Julius once you start it can be difficult knowing where to stop!

Before you know it you can be unrecognisable as your former self: a perfected plastic creation.

Imagine if you had a child, they would likely inherite your old nose, old teeth etc and would not recognise themselves in comparison to you at all. It's all very worrying this modern fascination.

Latest posts

Back