am I losing it ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Watching the Join programme this afternoon, Flinty constantly referred to 'last night''s show' and how she wore the green version etc etc. I couldn't remember a Join programme last night, and there isn't one listed on the website either. Explanations anyone ? Also many of the items aired this afternoon are not on the show's menu either.

Watching the Join programme this afternoon, Flinty constantly referred to 'last night''s show' and how she wore the green version etc etc. I couldn't remember a Join programme last night, and there isn't one listed on the website either. Explanations anyone ? Also many of the items aired this afternoon are not on the show's menu either.

she was wearing the green one yesterday & thats where it came from as someone tweeted in & asked her what it was ect

She wore it on one of the shows last night but not a Join show.

But what got my attention was the price of the horrible item she was talking about . A piece of flimsy net, i suppose youd call it a short waist coat with animal print £77. God knows what the postage was.

DF was flogging it constantly.

Is there anything that she doesn't flog constantly? She was in full upselling mode on the TSV launch last night. It wasn't buy 1, it wasn't buy 2 it was multiples for gifting , gifting and yet more gifting. If she could have gifted the zip off the pouch she would have

Is there anything that she doesn't flog constantly? She was in full upselling mode on the TSV launch last night. It wasn't buy 1, it wasn't buy 2 it was multiples for gifting , gifting and yet more gifting. If she could have gifted the zip off the pouch she would have

I agree, she wants people to buy two, you know in case your friend (queue her silly Moany put on voice) says "ahh why didn't you get me one!?" I can hand on heart say, that my friends have never whined and presumed that I'd buy them something because I bought myself one, I don't know, maybe it's different when your best friend is someone you met on Social Media, maybe they expect you to buy them something you've bought yourself, who knows?

Well, anyone at QVC would have a serious shock as me as their friend, because I don't spend that amount on family let alone friends. I spend, give or take a few pounds either way, around a tenner on friends at Christmas, and thats it ! I'd think twice before spending £77 on me let alone anyone else. What planet are they on ?

I agree, she wants people to buy two, you know in case your friend (queue her silly Moany put on voice) says "ahh why didn't you get me one!?" I can hand on heart say, that my friends have never whined and presumed that I'd buy them something because I bought myself one, I don't know, maybe it's different when your best friend is someone you met on Social Media, maybe they expect you to buy them something you've bought yourself, who knows?

This is exactly what I have come to dislike about Christmas.If I am going to buy gifts, I try to put some thought into it and get something personal if at all possible. but I cannot afford to spend a fortune.

I don't measure my friendships on how much they spent on a present.

DF needs to get over herself .We don't all have QVC discounts to splash on all those overpriced YK /Join sacks.

This is exactly what I have come to dislike about Christmas.If I am going to buy gifts, I try to put some thought into it and get something personal if at all possible. but I cannot afford to spend a fortune.

I don't measure my friendships on how much they spent on a present.

DF needs to get over herself .We don't all have QVC discounts to splash on all those overpriced YK /Join sacks.

I agree, it's the thought that counts. One of the things I dislike about QVC is the fact they make ungrateful and greed an art form.

Is that the Social Media QVC obsessive that posts everything is Wonderful???? Surely when you do proper reviews you have to be Objective. Rose Tinted Glasses on, lololololooo! :mysmilie_5:

Really sorry Brissles, but under your heading "Am I losing it" up popped an advert for Dementia Care at Home! If you book your place, I'll book mine!

The way they go on about 'gifting' ( hate the phrase anyway) is too much for me so I don't watch any more apart from the odd few minutes.I am sure many people will get into debt thinking their friends will think them mean if they don't buy a present of a certain value.For me these values are totally skewed it is just about getting as much money out of pockets as possible,there are no principles involved here.

I look at the tat Q tries to foist onto people and think if someone who never watched QVC or someone who doesn`t even know QVC exist, received some of the stuff they are trying to sell. they`d think you`d done your Christmas shopping at Poundland or some other cut price bargain store.
Take away the presenters, sets and promo videos and just look at the items as is and so many of them are an absolute disgrace for the price.

I cringe when I hear them say to take something out of a set you bought for someone "they'll never know tee hee!".... no but I would, I'd never in a million years be that greedy or selfish, if I buy a set for someone (not from QVC of course) they get the whole, entire set.

It is a lot harder to find a thoughtful present especially within a budget rather than just giving a voucher or buying something outside your price range because you don't have the time/energy/idea/feel the pressure.

Mr L and I have a disagreement about this every year. I spend ages trawling internet for ideas and then hunt the thing down so when I receive a voucher from M&S I feel as if I wasn't worth the effort, he says I'm ungrateful.

i like vouchers or gift cards specially for the big shopping centres as you have a wide choice on what you can treat yourself to specially after xmas when the sales start win win

Latest posts

Back