Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Amazon Fire Set of 2 WiFi 8GB 7" Tablets with Case and 32GB MicroSD Card
Item Number: 508649
QVC Price £135.00
Todays Special Value Price £99.96
P&P £6.95

or 4 Easy Pays of £24.99

+P&P

A set of two multi-purpose Amazon Fire tablets with a 7" touchscreen, a quad-core processor, 8GB of built-in storage and 1GB RAM for a fast and responsive experience, each complete with a black case and a 32GB memory card for extra storage. With fantastic features including an easy set-up, parental controls for the little ones, and in a choice of colours, this sleek device is perfect for day-to-day use whether you're watching, reading or browsing.

One for me, one for you - split these two tablets up to give as gifts, or if you can't bear to part with them, keep one for yourself! Plus, with a range of colour options including Pink, Blue, Orange and Black, there's something to suit all tastes.

It's all easy - ready to use right out of the box, there's no software or computer required, or complicated set-up; just log in with an Amazon account, connect to Wi-Fi and you're ready to go.

Fast, clear, responsive - the proficient quad-core processor consists of four high-performance cores, which ensure quick app launch times, smooth games and videos, and great overall performance. Plus with the 7" and 1024 x 600 IPS display, you can enjoy crisp images, vivid colours and whiter whites, with a fantastic viewing experience even at wide angles.

A versatile device - delivering everything you expect from a tablet and more, the Amazon Fire 7" tablet allows you to easily flit between browsing the web, to accessing your library of books, comics and magazines whenever, wherever.

Not just for grown-ups - Fire for Kids is free on every Fire tablet so when youngsters use the device it's like they have their very own personalised tablet. The background colour and fonts change to a child-friendly design and they only see the titles, apps, games and videos that you give them access to thanks to the easy-to-use Parental Controls.

Watch on the big screen - fling movies and TV shows from your tablet to your big-screen TV using Second Screen (available for Amazon Fire TV, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4). This turns your telly into the primary screen, freeing up your tablet to provide playback controls or to simply browse the web and more while you watch a movie.

Better connected - with Family Library you can link your Amazon account to your partner's, so you can easily share apps, games, audiobooks and books. Additionally, it now allows Prime members to share their Prime Video.

Free 'Mayday' on-device tech support - this cutting-edge customer service feature allows Amazon experts to connect to Fire tablets and guide you through features by drawing on your screen, walking you through how to do something yourself, or doing it for you.

Prime of life - Amazon Prime members* can enjoy more than 38 million songs, movies, TV shows, books, apps and games! Additionally, thousands of Prime Video movies and TV shows are available to be downloaded to watch offline anywhere. Plus with On Deck - automatically download Prime Video (for Prime members) and the first episodes of Amazon Original Series while your device isn’t in use, ensuring that there is always something new to enjoy instantly, even when offline.

Amazon Underground - the Amazon operating system is optimised to give you access to thousands of apps, games and in-app items via Amazon Underground - including extra lives, unlocked levels, unlimited add-on packs and more. This does not have access to the Google Play Store

A new way to read faster - Word Runner keeps your eyes focused on the centre of the page and brings each word right to where your eyes already are. With dynamic pacing, Word Runner automatically slows down for difficult words, punctuation and paragraph breaks. And when you first start reading, it gradually builds up to the speed you choose. If you miss something, just tap and hold the screen to activate the Brake. It instantly pauses Word Runner, and lets you easily scroll back and pick up wherever you like.

ASAP - Advanced Streaming and Prediction learns what movies and shows you like and gets them ready for you to watch. The more you view videos on your Fire tablet, the more accurate ASAP becomes, dynamically adapting to your viewing habits.

*Amazon Prime is available via a subscription, and is not included when you purchase this device. You do not need to subscribe to Amazon Prime to enjoy entertainment on the tablet, there's lots on offer without Prime

What's in the box?

2 x Amazon Fire 7" tablets
2 x USB 2.0 cable
2 x 5W power adaptor
2 x quick start guide

Added value:

2 x dedicated slim standing cases - black
2 x Sandisk 32GB microSD cards - gives you double the space to download movies, music and TV programmes to enjoy on the move

Tablet colour options:

Black and Black
Black and Pink
Black and Blue
Black and Orange
Blue and Pink

Technical specifications:

Display: 7" (17.7cm) touchscreen with IPS technology and an advanced polarising filter
Resolution: 1024 x 600 (171 ppi) with SD video playback
Processor: Quad-Core (up to 1.3 GHz)
Operating system: Fire OS5 'Bellini'
Memory: 1GB RAM
Storage: 8GB (available storage space 4.5GB) of internal storage; microSD slot allows for up to 128GB of additional storage
Camera: VGA front-facing camera. 2.0 MP rear-facing HD camera
Audio: integrated speakers 3.5mm stereo jack
Battery life: up to 7 hours battery life (dependent on usage) of reading, surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video and listening to music. Battery life will vary based on device settings, usage and other factors such as web browsing and downloading content. Actual results may vary
Charge time: fully charged in under 6 hours using the charger provided
Connectivity: single-band Wi-Fi
Adjustable font size up to 50% larger and screen colour for night reading
Sensors: Accelerometer
Weight: 313g
Tablet (h x w x d): 191cm x 115cm x 10.6cm (7.5" x 4.5" x 0.4")
Content formats supported: Kindle (AZW), KF8, TXT, PDF, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively, Audible Enhanced format (AAX), DOC, DOCX, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, non-DRM AAC, MP3, MIDI, PCM/WAVE, OGG, WAV, M4V, MP4, AAC LC/LTP, HE-AACv1, HE-AACv2, MKV, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, HTML5, CSS3, 3GP, VP8 (WEBM)
Additional features: external volume controls, built-in Bluetooth with support for A2DP compatible stereo headphones, speakers, microphone, and LE accessories support; second screen functionality with X-ray
Accessibility: VoiceView Screen Reader and Screen Magnifier, enabling access to the vast majority of Fire tablet features. VoiceView features IVONA's award-winning natural language text-to-speech voice. Fire OS 5 also includes system-wide subtitle settings, adjustable font sizes up to 50% larger, and a variety of book reading text adjustments such as adjustable colours and text spacing. Also includes built-in Oxford dictionary

Input/output:

1 x micro USB 2.0
1 x micro SD
1 x 3.5mm headphone jack with in-line microphone support

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.508649

The only thing that would make me buy from QVC are the easy pays. You can bet Amazon will have these on a reduced price for Black Friday, cases and SD cards can be found cheap too. I bought the last Kindle TSV and there was no SD card in the box so I had to accept a refund of my p & p, with Amazon there is no p & p to pay and their customer service is good if anything goes wrong.

I do not see the point in two tablets i am not in the habit of giving £50 gifts plus the fact that amazon missed a trick by not having an hdmi out on tablet making it easy for non techie people to plug in a cable to watch on big screen.

I do not see the point in two tablets i am not in the habit of giving £50 gifts plus the fact that amazon missed a trick by not having an hdmi out on tablet making it easy for non techie people to plug in a cable to watch on big screen.
These days if you have wifi there is no need to connect to device to the TVs by cable. There is a 'cast' facility now and if you use it, it automatically plays on your tv as long as both are connected to the same wifi. If you are watching Sky go for a example, before you start watching the program it asks if you want to watch on your tv or on the device..

i just bought my new bedroom tv and it is smart so it can display whats on your phone etc. also ne need for tv box i just press a button and get acess to netflix as my daughter shared her code with me and she pays the bill. love technology when it works

yes i know about chromecast slimport mhl etc but would still have been just as easy for them to have put in a mini hdmi port for non techie people

QVC are mahooosive hypocrites, it's ok to mention other retailers when flogging a TSV to the bare bones (and boy do they love to run with this TSV) but not the other 99.9% of the time that you can buy their products from other retailers a lot, lot cheaper.

A customer had asked a question about this on the product page and I knew the answer so I posted a reply. Guess what, rejected. Not sue why as I only gave them the information they needed.. I checked the guidelines and am none the wiser. Can't be arsed any more with QVC s bogus review system.

Now here is something interesting.

QVCUS have the same TSV today, that must be a first.

But of course it is more expensive in the UK, although the package is a little different and you can opt for 5 easypays. Interesting that they have the option of buying 4 for 150$ and the p & p is £2 less than the UK for either option, UK being screwed again!

Last edited:
What I notice is that their video plays immediately without any problems unlike QVCUK's video!

Unfortunately we are going to see more and more that we get hammered on prices unless the exchange rate picks up. It's great for us exporting to the world, not so good for us buying stuff from overseas.

What I notice is that their video plays immediately without any problems unlike QVCUK's video!

Unfortunately we are going to see more and more that we get hammered on prices unless the exchange rate picks up. It's great for us exporting to the world, not so good for us buying stuff from overseas.

Because qvcuk has so many products on the show from the USA then as you say, with the exchange rate as it is the the price will have to rise unless QVC are prepared to take this hit which they won't do. As price rise then sales may well drop and profits slump. I like this already :mysmilie_8: the alternative is to use more British produced items but as an American company this may never happen.

I can accept the price rises because of currency exchange rates, although Amazon UK have reduced the price of a single unit by £2 and I bet there will be an even bigger price reduction come Black Friday. What I can't accept though is the p & p charges. $5.95 in the US for 2 or 4 units, £6.95 in the UK for 2!

Because qvcuk has so many products on the show from the USA then as you say, with the exchange rate as it is the the price will have to rise unless QVC are prepared to take this hit which they won't do. As price rise then sales may well drop and profits slump. I like this already :mysmilie_8: the alternative is to use more British produced items but as an American company this may never happen.

It would be really excellent if QVC would pick up on more UK brands and sell more UK products (not just the already well-known brands).

When you think of the important role QVCUK has played in launching brands that are increasingly available in the UK... just in beauty... Gatineau, Laura Geller, Elemis, Leighton Denny,Liz Earle. Where are the new brands which have the x factor to become household names? What about outside the beauty department?

If the £££ exchange rate is crucifying their profit-margins, they need to be looking for more home-grown brands and products to retail... and as so much of UK manufacturing has been eroded over the decades, they will probably have to find more obscure brands, or much smaller newer brands. QVC could become an exciting place to shop once again... but not if they are going to persist with their antiquated approach to all matters related to p&p.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - it would be good if QVC did well without resorting to generating their profits from p&p which is funded by the brands they sell and by us, the paying customer.

Latest posts

Back