Ann dawson

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My list of can't watch won't watch presenters/guests is getting bigger every day. I rush for the off button as soon as I see/hear Craig R/ Marverine C /Richard J/ Abby ultrasun/ and the very annoying ultra lash lady...there are many more that I tolerate... but only for a short while.

I don't mind Anne at all and her voice doesn't bother me. Rather hers than Julia's or Catherine's, neither of which I can bear to listen to.

I don't mind Anne, Julia or Catherine...... It's Chloe I can't stand! I stayed up last night to watch the TSV but I had to switch off after about 10 mins, couldn't take anymore :mysmilie_13: She reminds me of a bookie shouting odds on a racecourse!!

I pop my head around the QVC channel rarely, not as often as some, so, the last time I saw Anne on air was an hour when she was selling a few discs on that fitness dance that begins with a 'J' - apologies the name escapes me, I actually remember how she looked then, I said to myself 'Oh gosh, thats never Anne Dawson! She looks amazing!'

Its only when a person isn't seen for a while, one truly notices the difference. I notice changes in both Anne Dawson and Julia Roberts. Its such a shame both ladies haven't kept in check regarding their shape, I also noticed poor Anne is also having hair thinning issues.. the studio lights are reflecting from her scalp, I'm surprised Anne doesn't use that product that matts her scalp and lifts her roots (isn't it a shaker powder or similar?)

I was really shocked to see the size of Julia Roberts' tum! Carrying such a thick visceral layer cannot be good for her, no matter what the cause of it is.

Anyway, whatever the reasons I wish them both the best of health

Gosh, that was a while ago ! Anne did look good then but it didn't long and I'm afraid Julia has got a very serious health problem, you should read her blog, she actually looks pretty good considering!

I don't mind Anne, Julia or Catherine...... It's Chloe I can't stand! I stayed up last night to watch the TSV but I had to switch off after about 10 mins, couldn't take anymore :mysmilie_13: She reminds me of a bookie shouting odds on a racecourse!!

Heh, I quite like Chloe... Different strokes, eh.

Heh, I quite like Chloe... Different strokes, eh.

I used to like Chloe at first, she was a change from the usual smarmy lot ! But then she got louder and more aggressive as she got more sure of herself, and it annoys me how she's always checking to see if the camera is on HER, instead of concentrating on what the guest is saying!!:mysmilie_850:

I used to like Chloe at first, she was a change from the usual smarmy lot ! But then she got louder and more aggressive as she got more sure of herself, and it annoys me how she's always checking to see if the camera is on HER, instead of concentrating on what the guest is saying!!:mysmilie_850:

I am with you, Annie, but when I mentioned the self-checking to a friend of mine she told me they are in fact checking the monitors which give you show and stock updates, what is on next etc. I did not believe her for one minute but she told me they had said this on air. We agreed to disagree!

As soon as I flick over to QVC and see Anne Dawson, I flick back again. I can't stand her whiney voice, it's not her accent, my step-Mum was Scottish and I have a couple of Scottish friends whose accents are fine, it's just Anne Dawson's voice and also her way of presenting, which is 'in your face' and quite demanding in a way. I may have missed some good products by turning over when she's on, but hey ho....

It took me a while to get used to Miceal, but now I think he's pretty good, a nice bloke and watchable presenter. And Chloe, although she can be a bit full on, I've got used to her a bit more now too.

But Marverine.........:mysmilie_490:

Too late. I tuned in at 7am to be met with her shouting her way through the hour, though Nicky from Bare Minerals did hold her own very well and re-interrupted AD's interruptions. I think - I hope - these guest presenters are getting the hang of being on QVC. The thing to do is to TALK THROUGH EVERYTHING AND DON'T STOP IF ANYONE BUTS IN because the QVC presenters sure as hell will try to get their word in, even though it's boring, repetitious and unpleasant on the ear. AD, I've noticed, gets louder and more rasping as the hour progresses. Not good when you have to turn the sound down all the time.

I couldn't help but notice how haggard she's looking these days. She can't help it - some people age well, some don't, but I don't think there's any make-up under the sun that can take away the haggard look if you're unlucky enough to get it. She has good features and in her day was probably good-looking but that was then.

I lasted ten minutes, which is good going for me.

Ann Dawson was almost unwatchable last night on the BM TSV launch. I only kept watching because I needed to listen and learn which colour foundation to go for. She was incredibly rude, kept talking over Lee and interrupting her. Lee must be used to her as she just ignored her and talked over Ann. It wasn't comfortable and enjoyable viewing though listening to Anns grating whiney voice.

She irritates the living daylights out of me. I simply cannot bear watching her. Thankfully I wasn`t interested in the BM tsv.

If it's not Chloe on for hours, it's Dawbags! I'm not watching, but it's on in the background. I did catch her earlier telling Nicki from Birkenstock something about a river - didn't catch the start, so could be mistaken - being dug in Jerusalem, 3000 years ago, in an attempt to convince us that the Birkenstock energy (?) would withstand such deep water. God - sorry, no pun intended - I wish she would keep her jobs separate; if we wanted to be bombarded with a load of religious trivia, we would watch her on revelation. (yeah, right!) Nicki seemed so disinterested, it was as if she was preaching a sermon. New career beckoning, perhaps? Hopefully? Please?

Latest posts

Back