Drives me potty

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

We used to wash our hair in the kitchen with washing up liquid when we were young. Rinsed our heads under the geyser. Got giddy if Mam brought home a sachet of shampoo. Me and my brother would share it. 😄
Yesss, a sachet of shampoo, and you had to be careful opening it as it could go everywhere. I remember one called Drene !

Don't get me started on quiz show contestants. The lack of basic general knowledge is astonishing. Author of The Old Curiosity Shop ? Um, I'll take a punt and say Charles Dickens ? Capital of Portugal? Er, geography isn't my strong point. Faro ?

On Tipping Point recently was this question:

In his epic poems, Homer often refers to nectar as the drink of the gods and which other substance as their food?

Both contestants answered “doughnuts “ as a reference to Homer Simpson.

The answer being ambrosia, Ben couldn’t contain his amusement.

I think the key is to listen to the question.

We used to wash our hair in the kitchen with washing up liquid when we were young. Rinsed our heads under the geyser. Got giddy if Mam brought home a sachet of shampoo. Me and my brother would share it. 😄
Never come across sachets of shampoo tho not born til late 70’s, but used to wash my hair with washing up liquid when camping.

It left it SO dry it was insane. One big knot!
Wouldn’t do that anymore!

Am sure Alexis often used to the story of how Jill Franks had no beauty routine when she first met her, and used to use orb product for everything?

Think she used to wash her hands with Fairy?

In his epic poems, Homer often refers to nectar as the drink of the gods and which other substance as their food?

You’ve just described why I will never watch Tipping Point! (Or The Chase, though I’ve been forced to via Gogglebox on occasion! SO mindless!)

My cat likes to sit in the bathroom watching me do my morning ablutions!
She also sits beside me when I am on the toilet. Just in case I am attacked by the toilet monster.
Oh my boy (cat!) loves to sit on the floor while I’m in the bath.
My previous baby used to want to get in with me and walk around the bath ledge!

Had to discourage that as I have my baths exceedingly hot!

Apparently Bengals love running water and my friend’s likes the shower..

But yes, my cat also often likes to come to the loo with me!

He sometimes even sits on the cistern behind me while I sit on the toilet!! (TMI!)

He’s a bit of a Velcro cat, and I don’t encourage this particular behaviour, though it makes me laugh!

Never come across sachets of shampoo tho not born til late 70’s, but used to wash my hair with washing up liquid when camping.

It left it SO dry it was insane. One big knot!
Wouldn’t do that anymore!

Am sure Alexis often used to the story of how Jill Franks had no beauty routine when she first met her, and used to use orb product for everything?

Think she used to wash her hands with Fairy?
I don't have a dishwasher, so must do dishes, etc. by hand. I use an equivalent of Fairy Liquid, without rubber gloves. My hands are never rough or sore afterwards. In fact the skin feels soft. Maybe it's just my type of skin or the very soft water where I live.

Freya, now 3 and half, Burmese, loves to run into the bathroom and jump in the bath. When young she jumped into the bath which I was filling and Molton Brown. Had to rinse her off. Then the famous time she fell into the toilet, clean water I will add. No idea what the hell she was doing? Again, had to get rinsed off. She does sit on the seat and look into the bowl, I say get out of the toilet.

Freya, now 3 and half, Burmese, loves to run into the bathroom and jump in the bath. When young she jumped into the bath which I was filling and Molton Brown. Had to rinse her off. Then the famous time she fell into the toilet, clean water I will add. No idea what the hell she was doing? Again, had to get rinsed off. She does sit on the seat and look into the bowl, I say get out of the toilet.
Oh Freya you funny kitty!
That’s hilarious!

She sounds like a typical Burmese!

She sounds lovely and entertaining..

Love to see a piccie one day!

My boy is a Burmilla so there’s Burmese in there…!

The number of times I go to the loo to find little muddy paw prints on the seat… 🙄

He likes to drink from the (clean!) toilet…!

I try to remember to leave the lid down esp if it’s had product in or recently been flushed. But he still manages to have the occasion drink!

He also demands that you leave the kitchen tap running so he can have a nice fresh drink from it…

And also has a glass of water permanently on the side on the dining table - mainly to stop him drinking from mine…!) - as well as his drinking bowl on the floor…

Spoilt much?! X

I don't have a dishwasher, so must do dishes, etc. by hand. I use an equivalent of Fairy Liquid, without rubber gloves. My hands are never rough or sore afterwards. In fact the skin feels soft. Maybe it's just my type of skin or the very soft water where I live.
Lucky you!

We have insanely hard water and it really dries out my skin.

You could’ve done the fairy advert with the lovely hands! X

Oh Freya you funny kitty!
That’s hilarious!

She sounds like a typical Burmese!

She sounds lovely and entertaining..

Love to see a piccie one day!

My boy is a Burmilla so there’s Burmese in there…!

The number of times I go to the loo to find little muddy paw prints on the seat… 🙄

He likes to drink from the (clean!) toilet…!

I try to remember to leave the lid down esp if it’s had product in or recently been flushed. But he still manages to have the occasion drink!

He also demands that you leave the kitchen tap running so he can have a nice fresh drink from it…

And also has a glass of water permanently on the side on the dining table - mainly to stop him drinking from mine…!) - as well as his drinking bowl on the floor…

Spoilt much?! X

Lucky you!

We have insanely hard water and it really dries out my skin.

You could’ve done the fairy advert with the lovely hands! X
I have soft hands, but not lovely hands. I work in the garden a lot, so they are often scratched. Thank you, though.

As well as some ****** stupid people appearing on some of these shows

I've been dragooned into joining a quiz team (nobody else would do it, basically) and I'm terrified that I'll be found out! Any tips from anyone, like quick sources of quiz facts?

Yesss, a sachet of shampoo, and you had to be careful opening it as it could go everywhere. I remember one called Drene !

Don't get me started on quiz show contestants. The lack of basic general knowledge is astonishing. Author of The Old Curiosity Shop ? Um, I'll take a punt and say Charles Dickens ? Capital of Portugal? Er, geography isn't my strong point. Faro ?
I thought I remembered the name but when I googled it and saw some images it didn't actually ring any bells. However I'm pretty damned sure that there was another green coloured medicated shampoo on the market in the 70's that looked exactly like Vosene but was called something else. Oh says that there wasn't and that Vosene was the only medicated shampoo out there, but I blinking well know there was another one but I'm bu**ered if I can remember what it was called and it's bugging me!

I thought I remembered the name but when I googled it and saw some images it didn't actually ring any bells. However I'm pretty damned sure that there was another green coloured medicated shampoo on the market in the 70's that looked exactly like Vosene but was called something else. Oh says that there wasn't and that Vosene was the only medicated shampoo out there, but I blinking well know there was another one but I'm bu**ered if I can remember what it was called and it's bugging me!
Loxene????

There was one called Loxene

Loxene????
Ooh could well be this, though I've had a look and can only see pictures of it in a glass bottle, this was in a plastic one for sure. I had the notion it was Phisoderm but when I checked that out the bottles didn't look right either

Back to the drawing board on closer inspection Phisoderm appears to be a skincare product but I still have a feeling that was the name!

Just watched a Ninja presentation and at one stage poor Catherine was just standing looking at the camera whilst the mouthy BA, can’t remember her name, went on and on. She didn’t take a breath apart from saying Literally every so often. She always does this though.

Latest posts

Back