Anne Dawson

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

C-Lion

Registered Shopper
What the chuff is Anne Dawson wearing now?? 🫣😩🙄

She is on with Helene Berman with Liberty dress / fabrics.

That dress Dawson has on is a shocker an absolute shocker - even my Nan wouldn’t have worn something like that. 😩😵🤮🤮

I love the Liberty fabric but not the dresses. I do buy Liberty material for patchwork and handicrafts though. Back in the 60’s I made a beautiful dress with end of line Liberty material that I bought from my local market. I wore it for years and then cut it up use in my patchwork/quilting.

Yes, Anne and Mrs Doubtfire both looked ridiculous in those highly patterned sticky outy flouncy little girl dresses ,
(with turned up collar.)
Are these Liberty fabric dresses washable? They never mention this. If they are washable, they'd be a horror to iron. They are like Sunday school dresses imo. One of the fabric designs is of onions and another was used as a furniture fabric. The 'onions' jacket would be suitable for the gardening man who always wears loud, floral jackets and larger ladies wearing the furniture fabric dress and jacket would certainly look like sofas.

This is it I am trying to upload a photo of the monstrosity but I am struggling to get it uploaded - I will keep trying though 😊
Is this it….

Attachments

• 6C11D870-737E-4AFA-BABD-14E9668E739C.jpeg
    6C11D870-737E-4AFA-BABD-14E9668E739C.jpeg
    350.6 KB · Views: 0
Liberty fabrics back in the 70’s were lovely, I made several dresses in their fabrics, those were the days when I never bought a dress but made myself.Before going on holiday my livingroom was like a clothing production line! I still have & wear 2 Liberty Varuna wool shawls, lovely prints.I recently visited Liberty in London and their shawls much lighter than mine was surprised by the price.Still it is not about the value but the pleasure of wearing.

I saw that Liberty show and nearly everything sold out. Anne did not look good in that dress but she said she loved it. I bet she'd never wear that out. Back in the 80's I had a few Laura Ashley summer dresses that I wish I'd kept (nice styles, not the high neck flouncy ones) but I never had a Liberty one.

CC

Gosh that really is frumpy indeed! 😳

When I read it was a Liberty dress, I thought ‘how bad can it be?’ because I generally adore their fabrics.

I used to collect their silk scarves - only one was new! - and have a nice collection.

Also love their cotton lawn.

But the style of the dress Ann is in is bad!

It doesn’t help the length.
I know midi dresses have come in massively the past few years, but when I was younger, we used to call that length “dodgy” and it was the epitome of old-fashioned!

Anything between the knee and the ankle was really for old ladies and v unflattering…

Liberty fabrics back in the 70’s were lovely, I made several dresses in their fabrics, those were the days when I never bought a dress but made myself.Before going on holiday my livingroom was like a clothing production line! I still have & wear 2 Liberty Varuna wool shawls, lovely prints.I recently visited Liberty in London and their shawls much lighter than mine was surprised by the price.Still it is not about the value but the pleasure of wearing.
Do you remember ‘Clothkits’ - it was a shop which sold fabric inc Liberty etc, as well as kits of semi-made dresses etc.

My mum could sew but worked full time so she often bought in there and ran up a quick dress for me!

They seemed to do a lot of those elasticised panel cotton summer dresses!

Those were the days!

Mormon possibly 😊
The normal Mormons banned that years ago. But, there are some weirdos who have their own and insist they are the Prophet.
One married all his father's wives, then started marrying 12 old girls to men in their 40s etc. He is in jail, but the faithful still send him money and record these sermons to broadcast. They are all off shoots of the Mormons.

Netflix have documentaries.

Oh, the Duggars of 20 children and counting belong to a weird sect too. Shiny Happy People documentary on Amazon. They believe in beating children, and I mean 6-month-old babies because they reach for a toy. Filmed of the sect bringing children up on stage and beating the hell out of them because they did not say I love you to their minsters. Of course the dirty old man who is their head had been done for sexual abuse and then other top members fight over the millions.

Latest posts

Back