Ashwood TSV 29/01/24

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I always think Ashwoods look cheap and not very robust. I dislike the tacky logo. Never been tempted.
I had a Kathy Van Zeeland bag. I got it in the much missed tie rack at Liverpool Street Station.
I also had a good quality flap over bag from M&S similar to Radley. It was my go to bag for many years.
Unfortunately for some reason the cat decided to pee over it and it had to be dumped.

I always think Ashwoods look cheap and not very robust. I dislike the tacky logo. Never been tempted.
I had a Kathy Van Zeeland bag. I got it in the much missed tie rack at Liverpool Street Station.
I also had a good quality flap over bag from M&S similar to Radley. It was my go to bag for many years.
Unfortunately for some reason the cat decided to pee over it and it had to be dumped.
Funnily enough I'd say the opposite and that the leaping stag metalwork is about the only thing classy looking about these bags. What tempted me was the fact that at the time I was looking to buy a leather bag and most of the ones I'd been seeing were way out of my price range. I fell for all the British made/own tannery spiel and thought I was "bagging" myself a bargain but I received a third rate substandard product. Perhaps if they put in as much time and effort towards quality control as they do spouting all this B/S about their heritage then they might be able to offer us something worth having!

Kathy Van Zeeland and B Makowsky
I knew Kathy and Barry but couldn't remember the surnames.
I got a Kathy Van Zeeland one from Tie Rack (?) in our local shopping centre. It was a great bag ,I had it years and I ended up sending it to the charity shop as after I left work was a bit too big for me.

I really liked Amanda Wakeley bags ,yes more expensive but good quality.🙂
Me too! Wish I had bought one at the time😪 Loved the acid python,they were sent out in large boxes JF showed one on air once.

Funnily enough I'd say the opposite and that the leaping stag metalwork is about the only thing classy looking about these bags. What tempted me was the fact that at the time I was looking to buy a leather bag and most of the ones I'd been seeing were way out of my price range. I fell for all the British made/own tannery spiel and thought I was "bagging" myself a bargain but I received a third rate substandard product. Perhaps if they put in as much time and effort towards quality control as they do spouting all this B/S about their heritage then they might be able to offer us something worth having!
The stag is the only good thing about these bags. I just can't see the attraction,they look so cheap. Osprey bags looked alot nicer but too similar to Radley which are boring now.

I wonder if it’s the ones Q get in. I have an Ashwood bag that I bought ages ago but direct from them. Can’t remember exact price but it was around the £90 mark. It’s a big shoulder bag & is wonderful quality, even nicer than the several Radley ones I have, also not via Q. It’s had a lot of use & is still as good as new. The leather, strong hide, is very similar to Mulberry ones I’ve seen & felt. I’ve never seen any remotely similar on Q.

I’m not keen on tags generally and prefer plain. The most I could say about the stag is it’s not over the top.

I would rather go on the dreaded High street and buy my leather bags. Russell and Bromley have fabulous sales and sell beautiful leather bags and purses. Anather range is Kate Spade you can get superb deals if you live near a shop. Regent Street and High Street Kensington have nice stores with excellent discounts.

Classy bags but the hardware made them weigh a ton. I had to get rid of my one beautiful BMakowsky bag for that reason. Such a shame. I'm now bagged out so no more for me.

Latest posts

Back