Baffle featherbed

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

queenie

Registered Shopper
Just wanted some advice,saw a featherbed online last night and really want to try one
The reviews are very good but I want to know has anyone on here bought one?
Are they as good as the reviews say or am I wasting my cash?
Any thoughts welcome
The price seems reasonable,£66 for a king size?
Thanks in advance

They are very, very nice to sleep on but I couldn't get any one to clean it. Johnsons actually took it, sent it away and I got it back after 3 weeks with a note saying that it wouldn't fit in any of their machines - laundry or dry cleaning. Needless to say it went to the tip after it being out of my hands for 3 weeks. The other 4 companise I took it to just looked at it and said it was just too big for them to get it dry.

I have bought another featherbed, the boxed version and although it's nice, it just isn't as good as the baffle as it is much thinner, I might be able to get it cleaned though :)

I have one but did not feel like l was sleeping on a cloud or even a marshmallow and at times woke up with a painful right hip, l now have a memory foam very thin mattress thingy on top and that is bliss, also feathers do come out from it despite all assurances from NN people that they do not.
:taphead:

Feather beds are lovely when they are all fluffed up but like anything as soon as you are in bed they become flat. Feathers do stick out and every now and again I get poked by one. I do like mine though. The description of sleeping on a marshmallow or fluffy cloud is plain daft. I dont know anyone who has slept on a marshmallow or a fluffy cloud so its a daft description!

They are fine when they are new but a faff to keep fluffing up. I send mine to the spare room and bought a memory foam topper instead and find it much better!

Mine's nice, although after you've shaken it and plumped it up, one night's sleep and it's flattened again, think I paid about double that for my king size, so £66 seems a good price. I'd like to try a memory foam topper.

I love mine and wouldn't be without it but would suggest 2 things if you decide to try one:

1. Consider buying a cover for it if it doesn't come with one. Mine came with a cover and it's a really tight weave that stops any feathers poking through or littering the room when you shake the thing out.

2. Maybe consider buying 2 singles instead of a king size because they are quite heavy and you do need to shake them out regularly to keep them plumped. It may help with getting it washed although I admit I've never bothered with mine, I just wash the cover and air the FB outside when I can.

Memory foam is also a brilliant invention although the topper I have doesn't breathe. I did buy it when they were just coming out so maybe they've fixed that issue. Mine has the FB on top which is just luxe !

Oh and just remembered I got a eurofeather FB which if I remember correctly is quite a firm, springy feather. It's certainly held up well as I think it's at least 5 years old but if a really good TSV comes along I might replace it as it does pad down more than it used to.

Thanks for the replies everyone
I am not so sure now with everyone saying how heavy they are
I have a bad back so it may be a pain keep having to fluff it up all the time!
Will have a think before I decide,reviews are very good.

Like the other posters, I find they are a bit hefty to shake out - and I'm nowhere near being a delicate little flower.
As to being like sleeping on a cloud, as Snowstorm says, that's plain daft. I imagine if you are a petite, lightweight model of a human being, then it may well be more supportive than if you are a bit heftier, whereby it just flattens the minute you get into bed.

Having said all that, I do miss it when I'm on holiday. But then we all miss our own bed don't we? -featherbed or not.

I'd echo what others have said, the first night (or first few hours) on a plumped up featherbed is lovely but they do need re-plumping every day if you're to get the full benefit! I'm pretty fit and strong but I wouldn't advise it if you have a bad back Queenie. That said, I have a baffle channel one so perhaps the feathers would stay put better in a baffle box? (The feathers do poke out, I find that with my NN feather pillows too). I relegated mine to my spare bedroom too and got a memory foam topper which I personally much prefer - no work, far more responsive all night long, and I got the polar foam one which is lovely and cool, even through flannel (it's one of my best Birchwood purchases!)

HTH :nod:

The Baffle certainly baffles me...................I've had mine about a year now, and it never plumps up and stays that way, after one night it is as flat as a fart:blush: Plus the fact that feathers manage to escape when you give it a shake.....................then you just end up picking up ruddy feathers forever and a day:down:

Latest posts

Back