Agatha Christie - Over and out!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I remember having a chat on a dating site with a so-called NATO soldier, the minute he suspected I was a wee bit cynical, I was ghosted!

I remember having a chat on a dating site with a so-called NATO soldier, the minute he suspected I was a wee bit cynical, I was ghosted!
This is why I think that she's already parted with some money, because once a scammer realises that the victim is "on to them" then it's no longer worth their while and they give up. We all thought that the gig would be the end of it either she'd be asked for money or she'd turn up and be turned away. One can only assume that they spun her a story as to why she'd not be able to get into the concert and promised that'd she definitely get to meet sometime later in the year and she believed it. I done with giving her advice as she knows best.

This is why I think that she's already parted with some money, because once a scammer realises that the victim is "on to them" then it's no longer worth their while and they give up. We all thought that the gig would be the end of it either she'd be asked for money or she'd turn up and be turned away. One can only assume that they spun her a story as to why she'd not be able to get into the concert and promised that'd she definitely get to meet sometime later in the year and she believed it. I done with giving her advice as she knows best.
I think she's given some money because the only way to get money back is to carry on with everything. If she accepts its a scam and walks away then (in her mind) she'll never get any money back. The BBC1 programme on romance fraud shows this in so many cases.

If someone that I had met (in person or online) was asking me for money within 3 weeks I would say goodbye (but probably less politely).

You've done your best but she's adult and has to make her own decisions.

I think she's given some money because the only way to get money back is to carry on with everything. If she accepts its a scam and walks away then (in her mind) she'll never get any money back. The BBC1 programme on romance fraud shows this in so many cases.

If someone that I had met (in person or online) was asking me for money within 3 weeks I would say goodbye (but probably less politely).

You've done your best but she's adult and has to make her own decisions.
Most of the scams I've seen on these programmes involve the scammer asking for money to help them out of a "sticky situation" after building up a rapport with them, or they've promised them the world but all their money is tied up in gold bullion, there's been a temporary block on their bank account, or a sick relative that needs help. From what I've seen of this one, the money she's paid (or we strongly suspect she's paid) has made her believe that she's actually getting something for her money. Concert tickets, fan cards, backstage passes. In short she believes she's bought something and that it's only a matter of time before she can make use of her purchases. I don't know where this is going to go, but I worry that she's compromised her bank details. I'm surprised that nothing untoward has happened as yet. Scammers are becoming more and more devious and it's frightening, but not quite as frightening as how gullible folk can be!

Latest posts

Back