Baltic Ocean Blue Amber ... as natural as UFOs

• Thread starter Deleted member 29604
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What! But they always rave on about them being totally natural. I took them at face value and bought from them. At least I still love my pieces, and it can't be just Gemporia who does this as I saw coloured Amber in Gdansk and on the cruise ship I was on (at 3 or 4 times the price)
They love misleading like that. Adina referred to this blue Amber as being, and I quote, "a work of mother nature" yesterday.

It was coated!

They do it with Swiss Blue / London Blue Topaz aswell - referring to the "rarety of this find". Its all IRRADIATED! There is a very light blue of Topaz that is natural (an Aquamarine shade of blue) - but the deeper blues of Swiss Blue and London Blue do not form naturally. They NEED to be irradiated to get that colour.

They love misleading like that. Adina referred to this blue Amber as being, and I quote, "a work of mother nature" yesterday.

It was coated!

They do it with Swiss Blue / London Blue Topaz aswell - referring to the "rarety of this find". Its all IRRADIATED! There is a very light blue of Topaz that is natural (an Aquamarine shade of blue) - but the deeper blues of Swiss Blue and London Blue do not form naturally. They NEED to be irradiated to get that colour.
I bought their Amber a few years ago now, haven't seen the blue. I bought a green amber ring and a bracelet that had green, normal and a darker (cognac?) amber stone. They waxed lyrical at the time about each piece being individually made by Mother Nature and all unique etc. Never said they'd been treated to change the colour!

I bought their Amber a few years ago now, haven't seen the blue. I bought a green amber ring and a bracelet that had green, normal and a darker (cognac?) amber stone. They waxed lyrical at the time about each piece being individually made by Mother Nature and all unique etc. Never said they'd been treated to change the colour!

Nope. They never do. And while they continue to just get repeated warnings from the ASA without any further punishment, they'll continue to be economical with the truth because the worst that happens is they'll just get another warning.

The ASA are solely to blame for this shambles continuing.

Just as an outsider to this thread, if you want amber then surely you want natural coloured amber colour?

If you want a dyed colour, what is the point of it being amber, it may just as well be plastic!

I totally agree - but, sadly, due to the presentations, people fall for the speech of it having inclusions, history, etc - when in reality, Gemporia's Amber has little, if any, inclusions other than air bubbles.

Just as an outsider to this thread, if you want amber then surely you want natural coloured amber colour?

If you want a dyed colour, what is the point of it being amber, it may just as well be plastic!
Yes, but if you are led to believe that it is a natural variation (from darker or lighter sap etc) and you like the colour then you aren't really trying to buy a dyed colour, like neon pink. After all, natural gemstones come in a variety of hues not a single shade. I'm not talking about a garish false colour. What can I say, yes I was stupid enough to fall for the speil, but I do love my pieces.

Latest posts

Back