beauty awards 2014

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bea Frugal

Registered Shopper
Just had a look at the options and they seem even more random than usual. I was going to take part but had to give up. There are only 4 choices in each category which is ridiculous. In the anti ageing section two of the options are decleor aromessence iris and liquid gold. I use them both but it's like comparing a race horse and a ferrari. Both excellent at what they do but what they do is so different it's impossible to compare them. And if you only use one product listed then how can you know if it's the best?

It's a silly survey but the annoying thing is that in a couple of months time they'll devote hours of airtime to the nonsense results.

I seem to remember Keeley taking it very seriously!:mysmilie_17: begging for votes!

You're right it is a nonsense, and they don't reveal how the shortlists are made.

I thought it was to do with the number of five star reviews. I'm sure I heard someone say that one year.

I never vote in all categories, as the brands I use - bought from QVC - are omitted from the contenders. I always thought the CEW awards were not limited to products sold on the Q, but the nominations given ARE all available on QVC. Is that coincidence or, purposely, is QVC just offering their own choices, to improve the possibility of a brand sold on the Q, winning?

I seem to remember Keeley taking it very seriously!:mysmilie_17: begging for votes!

You're right it is a nonsense, and they don't reveal how the shortlists are made.

It's pathetic to watch Keeley in full on begging mode IMO. I just want to scream at her, 'IT'S A PATHETIC AWARD FROM A SHOPPING CHANNEL, NOT A SODDING OSCAR!!'

I never vote in all categories, as the brands I use - bought from QVC - are omitted from the contenders. I always thought the CEW awards were not limited to products sold on the Q, but the nominations given ARE all available on QVC. Is that coincidence or, purposely, is QVC just offering their own choices, to improve the possibility of a brand sold on the Q, winning?

These are the QVC Beauty Awards, not connected to the CEW Awards!

Latest posts

Back