QVC Beauty Awards 2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

maymorganlondon

Registered Shopper
Well, Beauty month has been and gone, and finally, after a month's grace - beauty is back on the agenda in August...

The voting is now open for the Beauty Excellence Awards - as with other years, some of the categories have changed...
Voting is open until 21st August, and the results will be announced in a special program at 9pm on Friday 28th August.

Categories and nominations listed below:

Q.1 Best Moisturiser

Liz Earle Skin Repair
ELEMIS Pro Collagen Marine Cream
L'Occitane Immortelle Divine Cream
Decleor Hydra Floral 24 Hour Cream
Gatineau Age Benefit Integral Regenrating Cream

Q.2 Best Facial Cleanser

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish
ELEMIS Pro Collagen Cleansing Balm
Alpha-H Balancing Cleanser
Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser
Decleor Micellar Oil

Q.3 Best Anti-Ageing Product

Alpha-H liquid Gold
Gatineau Melatogenine Futur Plus Advanced Anti-Wrinkle Mask
Decleor Aromessence Iris Super Serum
Imedeen Prime Renewal
Perricone Chia Serum

Q.4 Best Foundation

Laura Geller Balance and Brighten Baked Foundation
bareMinerals Original Deluxe Foundation
tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation
Joan Collins First Base Foundation

Q.5 Best Hair Removal Device

Tria Face & Body Laser Hair Removal System
Iluminage TOUCH Permanent Hair Reduction Stystem
no!no! Pro3 Face & Body Hair Removal System
Silk'n Glide HPL Hair Removal System

Q.6 Best Beauty Innovation

Benefit Roller Lash Mascara
Josie Maran Aragn Self-tanning Body Wash
bareMinerals Complexion Rescue
Decleor Aroma Nutrition Hair, Face & Body Oil
tarte Maracuja Oil
Vita Liberata pHenomenal Tan Mousse

Q.7 Best Make-up Must-Have

Doll 10 Hydra Fluid Foundation Drops
Mally Evercolour Poreless Face Defender
Mally Perfect Prep Poreless Primer
Laura Geller Neutralizer Spackle Primer
bareMinerals Prime Time BB Primer Cream
Joan Collins Red Carpet Lipstick

Q.8 Best Men's Grooming Product

Elemis Ice Cool Foaming Shaving Gel
Decleor Alguaromes Toning Shower and Bath Gel
L'Occitane Shaving Gel
Liz Earle Face & Body Wash and After-Shaving Moisturiser
Molton Brown Skin-Calm Shaving Cream and Balancing Face Wash

Q.9 Best Eye Treatment

RevitaLash Advanced Conditioner
Zelens Triple Action Advanced Eye Cream
Murad Hydro Dynamic Ulimate Moisturiser for Eyes
Caudalie Premier Cru Eye Cream
Perricone Eye Lid Serum

Q.10 Best Hand and Footcare

L'Occitane Shea Hand Cream
Margaret Dabbs Hygiene Cream for Feet
Leighton Denny Smooth Operator Pedicure Kit
Molton Brown Replenishing Hand cream
Emjoi MICRO Pedi Nano Footcare

Q.11 Best Hair Treatment

WEN by Chaz Dean Cleansing Conditioner
Philip Kingsley Elasticizer Treatment
Percy & Reed Wonder Balm
Taya Amazon White Clay Thickening Shampoo & Conditioner
Hairfix Follicle Plus Leave-In Treatment

Q.12 Best Beauty Night Product

Sarah Chapman Overnight Facial
Lulu's Time Bomb Flashback Night Cream
Decleor Aromessence Iris Night Balm
AD Skin Synergy Nourishing Night Treatment
This Works Deep Sleep Night Oil and Pillow Spray

Q.13 Best Targeted Treatment

Judith Williams Life Long Beauty Decollete Rose Peel
Gatineau Firming Throat Gel
Flora Mare Skin Tightening Serum
PRAI AGELESS Throat & Decolletage Creme
SBC Arnica Skincare Gel

Q.14 Best New Brand

Codage
Vita Lilberata
Soapsmith
This Works
Caudalie
Eve Pearl
Japonesque
Merumaya

If you're tempted to cast your votes and you can't find the link on QVC's website - here it is: http://www.qvcuk.com/BEA2015Vote.content.html

Who comes up with these choices!!

Since when was Decleor Alguaromes Toning Shower and Bath Gel a Mens Grooming Product lol:dull::taphead:

I got the email too. I voted but only in the categories that I use the products in.

I guess, rather than say how we've all voted (if we have all voted), we could try predicting who the winners will be.

My predictions (not based on necessarily using or liking the products):

Q.1 Best Moisturiser
ELEMIS Pro Collagen Marine Cream - I think the other choices are too niche (except the LE, maybe)

Q.2 Best Facial Cleanser
Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish - the classic, most awarded cleanser which may have a last hurrah
or - it could be a shock and a new winner may be crowned...
ELEMIS Pro Collagen Cleansing Balm - this seems to have a lot of fans, so it's the only one which I think could unseat C&P

Decleor Aromessence Iris Super Serum - some of the other products are either too niche or need to be used very long-term to see results

Q.4 Best Foundation
Laura Geller Balance and Brighten Baked Foundation - I still think this is the best, but I guess I could also see the Bare Minerals winning...

Silk'n Glide HPL Hair Removal System - just because it's a bit cheaper than the others, and it's not the No!No!

bareMinerals Complexion Rescue - I'm guessing here...

Mally Evercolour Poreless Face Defender - this seems to have a very strong following

Elemis Ice Cool Foaming Shaving Gel - hopefully so we get to see the comedy moment with Chloe again

Q.9 Best Eye Treatment
RevitaLash Advanced Conditioner - just because it seems to have sold enough to get a good number of votes, where the other products are a bit too niche

L'Occitane Shea Hand Cream - there are pretenders for the crown but this is the daddy

Q.11 Best Hair Treatment
Hairfix Follicle Plus Leave-In Treatment - well bought, and on QVC often enough to be in people's minds

AD Skin Synergy Nourishing Night Treatment - bit of a wild card prediction: it's affordable, smells gorgeous and having had a beauty pick of the month could have boosted it's appreciation society

SBC Arnica Skincare Gel - it's everywhere, and it's affordable... and judging by reviews users have found it effective

Q.14 Best New Brand
Vita Lilberata - I'm putting this in because I think the brand ambassador Alyson is a breath of fresh air, and she's been on a lot recently unlike most of the other contenders in this category

I'm just pathetically grateful there isn't a nomination for James Read and his endless litany of sleb users.

Last edited:
I also only voted in the categories for the products that I actually use
I did not vote in 5 of the categories.

It's a waste of time, it'll be the same old winners, Cleanse and Polish for best cleanser, bareminerals for foundation, yadda yadda yadda

I remember someone saying, could have be AY???? That the products are chosen by volume of sales. Since they sell so few men's products they must stick a pin in a list and go yes that would fit. :giggle:

I wonder how many units of the Perricone Chia Serum they've shifted? It's found it's way on to the Anti-aging product list, whereas over on the eye product list the Alpha H Absolute Eye Complex didn't make the shortlist but a Zelens product did. Weird that the Doll10 Foundation isn't in the foundation list, but in the catch-all category "Best Beauty Innovation". I've smelled a rat every year the list of nominations is published.

It's a waste of time, it'll be the same old winners, Cleanse and Polish for best cleanser, bareminerals for foundation, yadda yadda yadda

You're probably right, but it won't change if nobody votes for other choices...

I remember someone saying, could have be AY???? That the products are chosen by volume of sales. Since they sell so few men's products they must stick a pin in a list and go yes that would fit. :giggle:

I guess what it means for the men's category is that the threshold for being considered must be very low indeed! I'm surprised, though, that they put in a generic bath product and ignored something like the King of Shaves razor... Maybe people saw it on QVC then went and bought it elsewhere.

I wonder how many units of the Perricone Chia Serum they've shifted? It's found it's way on to the Anti-aging product list, whereas over on the eye product list the Alpha H Absolute Eye Complex didn't make the shortlist but a Zelens product did. Weird that the Doll10 Foundation isn't in the foundation list, but in the catch-all category "Best Beauty Innovation". I've smelled a rat every year the list of nominations is published.

The way they go about selecting the shortlist is definitely a moving feast. I have heard it is based on a minimum number of reviews, and an average rating of 4.5 or above, or it is sales. I suspect they are now abandoning most of those criteria, and making it up as they go along.

I suppose part of the problem is that in some categories, you're going to get a number of products from the same brands if you go by sales volume.

One of the things I find annoying is that so many of the categories change from year to year. When brands say - we've won this category for X number of years - how can it be credible?

The problem with these surveys for me is, with the exception of the first category where I've tried three things, in most categories I've only tried maybe one thing, or nothing. I buy a lot of beauty products, but they are not all from QVC or their brands, and even when they are, they're not necessarily the same actual products as feature in this list. I think what people will tend to do in this situation (and I did last year), is give the one product they have tried in a category their vote just because they know it (as long as they didn't dislike it). That doesn't mean it's the best of the bunch - far from it. All it does is tell you which option has been bought/tried the most and not what deserves the award for "best". The only way to get a meaningful answer is to let all respondents have a sample of every product in a category to try for a few weeks and we all know that's not going to happen.

Anyway, it's a bit of fun, I suppose, and no doubt I'll be checking out the results! I preferred the polls that Autumn did here a few months ago. They were by, for and about real people - ie US!!

Beauty awards voting.

What was the point of asking viewers to vote in the beauty awards thing when you can't actually select the exact products you really use? Does anyone know how the products get shorlisted? To me it looks as though it's the same old names that we've seen year on year. I've never used half of what was in the list, so there wasn't much point in trying to vote. I imagine most of us can predict the winners.

It's a very relevant question Moth and I don't think we've ever had a definitive answer. I don't think it's volume of sales; for instance in the eye category I can't see Zelens, Murad or Caudalie beating the big hitters like Elemis or Decleor which don't have any eye product in the list of nominees.

Categories and nominations, and WINNERS listed below:

Q.1 Best Moisturiser

ELEMIS Pro Collagen Marine Cream ***WINNER***
Liz Earle Skin Repair
L'Occitane Immortelle Divine Cream
Decleor Hydra Floral 24 Hour Cream
Gatineau Age Benefit Integral Regenerating Cream

Q.2 Best Facial Cleanser

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish ***WINNER***
ELEMIS Pro Collagen Cleansing Balm
Alpha-H Balancing Cleanser
Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser
Decleor Micellar Oil

Decleor Aromessence Iris Super Serum ***WINNER***
Alpha-H liquid Gold
Gatineau Melatogenine Futur Plus Advanced Anti-Wrinkle Mask
Imedeen Prime Renewal
Perricone Chia Serum

Q.4 Best Foundation

Laura Geller Balance and Brighten Baked Foundation ***WINNER***
bareMinerals Original Deluxe Foundation
tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation
Joan Collins First Base Foundation

no!no! Pro3 Face & Body Hair Removal System ***WINNER***
Tria Face & Body Laser Hair Removal System
Iluminage TOUCH Permanent Hair Reduction Stystem
Silk'n Glide HPL Hair Removal System

bareMinerals Complexion Rescue ***WINNER***
Benefit Roller Lash Mascara
Josie Maran Aragn Self-tanning Body Wash
Decleor Aroma Nutrition Hair, Face & Body Oil
tarte Maracuja Oil
Vita Liberata pHenomenal Tan Mousse

bareMinerals Prime Time BB Primer Cream ***WINNER***
Doll 10 Hydra Fluid Foundation Drops
Mally Evercolour Poreless Face Defender
Mally Perfect Prep Poreless Primer
Laura Geller Neutralizer Spackle Primer
Joan Collins Red Carpet Lipstick

Elemis Ice Cool Foaming Shaving Gel ***WINNER***
Decleor Alguaromes Toning Shower and Bath Gel
L'Occitane Shaving Gel
Liz Earle Face & Body Wash and After-Shaving Moisturiser
Molton Brown Skin-Calm Shaving Cream and Balancing Face Wash

Q.9 Best Eye Treatment

RevitaLash Advanced Conditioner ***WINNER***
Zelens Triple Action Advanced Eye Cream
Murad Hydro Dynamic Ulimate Moisturiser for Eyes
Caudalie Premier Cru Eye Cream
Perricone Eye Lid Serum

L'Occitane Shea Hand Cream ***WINNER***
Margaret Dabbs Hygiene Cream for Feet
Leighton Denny Smooth Operator Pedicure Kit
Molton Brown Replenishing Hand cream
Emjoi MICRO Pedi Nano Footcare

Q.11 Best Hair Treatment

Philip Kingsley Elasticizer Treatment ***WINNER***
WEN by Chaz Dean Cleansing Conditioner
Percy & Reed Wonder Balm
Taya Amazon White Clay Thickening Shampoo & Conditioner
Hairfix Follicle Plus Leave-In Treatment

Decleor Aromessence Iris Night Balm ***WINNER***
Sarah Chapman Overnight Facial
Lulu's Time Bomb Flashback Night Cream
AD Skin Synergy Nourishing Night Treatment
This Works Deep Sleep Night Oil and Pillow Spray

SBC Arnica Skincare Gel ***WINNER***
Judith Williams Life Long Beauty Decollete Rose Peel
Gatineau Firming Throat Gel
Flora Mare Skin Tightening Serum
PRAI AGELESS Throat & Decolletage Creme

Q.14 Best New Brand

This Works ***WINNER***
Codage
Vita Lilberata
Soapsmith
Caudalie
Eve Pearl
Japonesque
Merumaya

The winner of make the new Bare Minerials Complexion Rescue is so new how can that win?

I think people just voted as the liked the idea of it.

I know - it's ridiculous, really.

I just put the results out there, but in some cases I think QVC put the category in so they could put in the brands and products they wanted to. I think, like most awards seem to do, they expect a sales boost for the winners.

Didn't see Soap 'n' Water in any of the cleansing categories !!!!! - always been my cleansing wash of choice.
Flannel for a good scrub, Ice cold water as a toner to close up the pores, followed by a very old and well worn towel that dries and exfoliates in one !

and then slap on the Elemis Marine Cream, job done.

Didn't see Soap 'n' Water in any of the cleansing categories !!!!! - always been my cleansing wash of choice.
Flannel for a good scrub, Ice cold water as a toner to close up the pores, followed by a very old and well worn towel that dries and exfoliates in one !

and then slap on the Elemis Marine Cream, job done.

:mysmilie_12:

QVC would go bust, though, if you were their resident beauty expert, or their beauty buyer... :mysmilie_11:

Latest posts

Back