Can’t believe prices on QVC lately

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

May

Registered Shopper
I’ve just had a flip through to use my much coveted 5 quid off and can’t believe the prices of many products atm ! I bought some very expensive earrings at 13 quid lol and a chopper thing coz I want to make my own soup ( on statins now etc ) that was breaking the bank at 13 quid 😁… and then I forgot to put my massive discount code in 🤣 so I rang immediately sweating and swearing to myself and lucky the lady who answered was able to apply it ..
There is a window apparently that the can do that and once the window is gone .. then the discount is a gonner
So I can sleep soundly now hee hee lol
Just having a giggle but my goodness really high prices lately ..

I haven't used easy pay in years. But the thought of 5 just gives me anxiety! I mean, you buy something this month and you will still be paying for it in September :eek:
And come September you'll have started the easy pays for "Christmas gifts" which will take you to Valentine Day, then Mothers' Day, then Easter, then May 2025 bank holidays. Again.

I’ve just had a flip through to use my much coveted 5 quid off and can’t believe the prices of many products atm ! I bought some very expensive earrings at 13 quid lol and a chopper thing coz I want to make my own soup ( on statins now etc ) that was breaking the bank at 13 quid 😁… and then I forgot to put my massive discount code in 🤣 so I rang immediately sweating and swearing to myself and lucky the lady who answered was able to apply it ..
There is a window apparently that the can do that and once the window is gone .. then the discount is a gonner
So I can sleep soundly now hee hee lol
Just having a giggle but my goodness really high prices lately ..
I forgot about the £5 voucher thing and ordered something. The following day I remembered I hadn’t used it and so rang CS. She said she couldn’t take it off the item I’d ordered the previous day but she credited the £5 to my account. The next time that I ordered something I rang CS and they took the £5 off my order at her end.

I actually watched/ had the TV on today when the annoying, speak over every brand ambassador Andy whatshisname Peters and Dale were on. They were flogging Gower Cottage brownies. £24.60 for 12 tiny brownies, each one weighing in at 46g and costing £2.05 each!!! I'm absolutely gobsmacked that anyone would pay this amount, they don't even look that amazing.
Then came Wilf, of the Welsh pie fame, flogging his Welsh cakes. 30 miniscule assorted things for an eye watering £32.15 inclusive of p and p. That's £1.07 each. Wilf actually said he has four with a cuppa! Bargain hey. I'll stick with Tesco and Aldi thanks. Rip off prices.

I actually watched/ had the TV on today when the annoying, speak over every brand ambassador Andy whatshisname Peters and Dale were on. They were flogging Gower Cottage brownies. £24.60 for 12 tiny brownies, each one weighing in at 46g and costing £2.05 each!!! I'm absolutely gobsmacked that anyone would pay this amount, they don't even look that amazing.
Then came Wilf, of the Welsh pie fame, flogging his Welsh cakes. 30 miniscule assorted things for an eye watering £32.15 inclusive of p and p. That's £1.07 each. Wilf actually said he has four with a cuppa! Bargain hey. I'll stick with Tesco and Aldi thanks. Rip off prices.
Well funny you should say this as I was on Eurostar at the weekend and I had a coffee and a brownie, which turned out to be the most delicious brownie I have ever tasted and it was actually gluten free (not that I need it to be). I can't remember how much I paid for it (probably too much but it was worth it!) When I got home I thought I'd look them up and I was unable to find any stockists but discovered that it's possible to order a pack of 9 for £18. Unfortunately there's a £3.95 delivery charge but it still brings the price under what Gower Cottage charge for theirs. I checked the website and it didn't give the weight, strangely just the measurements but they look bigger, but when I looked on another site that sell them in bulk to trade it turns out that they're approximately 80g each so that's nearly double the size so definitely more brownie for your money. Of course being individually wrapped they're gonna last a lot longer as well. "Gleefully gluten free" brown owl brownies are the way to go for me. Yes, I probably will buy a box 'cause they were unbelievably yummy and gooey with salted caramel drizzled throughout. Like you say I've never rated the look of Gower Cottage brownies, I'm sure they're nice but for something that's got such a limited shelf life and such a silly price I think I'll pass!

I always found Plants2Gardens quite expensive but I did buy some plants from them in the past.They have just sold a hydrangea and the total cost was almost sixty pounds with postage. It sold out almost immediately. I find that price eye watering even though they are my favourite plants in the garden.

I always found Plants2Gardens quite expensive but I did buy some plants from them in the past.They have just sold a hydrangea and the total cost was almost sixty pounds with postage. It sold out almost immediately. I find that price eye watering even though they are my favourite plants in the garden.
Wow .. that is a lot … it all just seems extortionately high atm 👍

Totally agree, they live on another planet!

The Welsh cakes in Swansea market are the real deal and delicious. My aunt and uncle insist on us driving for hours to take them when they're home from America. They were 5 for £1 last time but that was before Covid. I think they're around the standard large cutter size of 3 inches.

I heard Chloe describe an item on 4 easy pays of £5 and change. They were actually £5.96. I switch over the moment I see her on (or fast forward) so I'm amazed I caught that little gem.

Latest posts

Back