Chain Handles

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Katie 'Common' is pontificating (again) that everything in her 'Moda' is coooool, but honestly the bags ?? has anyone tried carrying those bags - or any come to that, with a chain handle ? they are ridiculously heavy, and the double clankers on these look as though you need your daily spinach to lift them. Other than that they look cheap.

I bought a Lulu G many years ago, and used it half a dozen times, BUT I do confess to owning a 'baby' Chanel (bought 20 odd years ago) which does have the signature chain handle, and clearly quality does count, because its much lighter.

I am really picky about bags. I get fed up with them quite quickly and mum said I could open a bag shop when I was in my teens. Chain handles a definite no no and the same with the wide flat Kipling straps. Don’t like hardware and I can’t bear a heavy bag before you’ve put anything in it, stitching has to be perfect and the bag has to be balanced …….…….. I’ll stop now, sorry :unsure::eek::rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

I am really picky about bags. I get fed up with them quite quickly and mum said I could open a bag shop when I was in my teens. Chain handles a definite no no and the same with the wide flat Kipling straps. Don’t like hardware and I can’t bear a heavy bag before you’ve put anything in it, stitching has to be perfect and the bag has to be balanced …….…….. I’ll stop now, sorry :unsure::eek::rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

Exactly ! and these 'Moda' bags could weigh a ton with their chunky chains.

Katie Pemberton needs to remember that Moda in Pelle is Italian for fashion in leather. The tat peddlers & BAs could give Hyacinth Bucket a run for her money in the Snobbery Stakes Cup.

Katie 'Common' is pontificating (again) that everything in her 'Moda' is coooool, but honestly the bags ?? has anyone tried carrying those bags - or any come to that, with a chain handle ? they are ridiculously heavy, and the double clankers on these look as though you need your daily spinach to lift them. Other than that they look cheap.

I bought a Lulu G many years ago, and used it half a dozen times, BUT I do confess to owning a 'baby' Chanel (bought 20 odd years ago) which does have the signature chain handle, and clearly quality does count, because its much lighter.
I had a Chanel bag, black quilted with a chain/leather handle, bought for me in London circa 1995. I sold it in Italy last year for Euro 1,000. My present, and continuing, lifestyle doesn't include this type of accessory. From the sublime to the ridiculous, I now use Kipling, one for the summer and a black one for the winter. I never thought I would buy Kipling but it turns out they're not so bad, if very middle of the road fashion wise.

Who is Katie Common? x

I had a Chanel bag, black quilted with a chain/leather handle, bought for me in London circa 1995. I sold it in Italy last year for Euro 1,000. My present, and continuing, lifestyle doesn't include this type of accessory. From the sublime to the ridiculous, I now use Kipling, one for the summer and a black one for the winter. I never thought I would buy Kipling but it turns out they're not so bad, if very middle of the road fashion wise.

I don’t really like the look of a chain handle on a bag nor quilted, as it can look so cheap.
But the only exception would be for a vintage Chanel!
And gosh yours sound like a real classic!

Wonder how much it was originally?
Not that it matters, and you did well to sell it on now it no longer suits your lifestyle.

I think I would keep it all wrapped up in its dust bag, which would be pointless!

Quite a change to Kipling as you say!
I can’t say I’ve ever been remotely tempted, but they do look/sound very practical and hard-wearing!

I’m similar and had a room full of all sorts of bags in my teens.
Nowadays a lot of the bags I see, especially on QVC, I find really ugly!

Trouble is I would really want to touch and feel a bag before buying, which is kind of impossible when you’re “telly shopping”.

At the moment I’m using a big old Toni Perotti tan leather bag.

It’s not designer but the leather quality is amazing and I find it has never dated.
It’s a grab bag and I can fit so much into it, but I have to say that even empty it weighs a ton!

I don’t really like the look of a chain handle on a bag nor quilted, as it can look so cheap.
But the only exception would be for a vintage Chanel!
And gosh yours sound like a real classic!

Wonder how much it was originally?
Not that it matters, and you did well to sell it on now it no longer suits your lifestyle.

I think I would keep it all wrapped up in its dust bag, which would be pointless!

Quite a change to Kipling as you say!
I can’t say I’ve ever been remotely tempted, but they do look/sound very practical and hard-wearing!
Kipling is practical, but the many zip compartments can confuse you when try to remember where you put something. The thick tape straps are not at all beautiful. However, the two I have wear like iron and I can wash them as well. I don't know how much the Chanel bag originally cost and I don't regret selling it. I used the money towards some necessary plumbing in this old house. Not very romantic!

Katie Pemberton needs to remember that Moda in Pelle is Italian for fashion in leather. The tat peddlers & BAs could give Hyacinth Bucket a run for her money in the Snobbery Stakes Cup.
Talk about snobby. I heard A Keenan showing off about how she lives near Windsor and can see the same swans on the river that the Queen would see if she looked out of one of the Castle's windows. She always has to be one step ahead of anyone she's talking too. One upmanship.

Kipling is practical, but the many zip compartments can confuse you when try to remember where you put something. The thick tape straps are not at all beautiful. However, the two I have wear like iron and I can wash them as well. I don't know how much the Chanel bag originally cost and I don't regret selling it. I used the money towards some necessary plumbing in this old house. Not very romantic!

My little Chanel is tucked away in its dustbag - only sees daylight for weddings - the last one was 5 years ago !!! I'm thinking its time to offload as my one niece wouldn't make use of it when I'm gone, as a) it wouldn't be appreciated and b) she's more of a puffa jacket kinda gal.

Also agree with comments on Kipling. They may be an 'organiser' bag, but I'm continually ferretting about looking for 'stuff'. Then I get in a blind panic thinking I've lost my purse when its tucked into yet another zipped pocket !! and why is it I NEVER seem to have the right size Kipling for a day out/ just coffee with a friend / walking the dog / weekend away ? I do use a great one as hand luggage on my cruises, as it has a back strap for slipping over a suitcase handle - best one I've got, and they don't make the style anymore.

Latest posts

Back