Charlie Lapson

• Thread starter Deleted member 3549
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

D

Deleted member 3549

Guest Shopper
I'm sorry, I have to have a little rant.....
Has there ever been a 'designer' who is as fake as Charlie Lapson......??
The man has so many 'celebrity' clients but if he didn't have the words Desperate Housewives and Eva Longorva (or however you spell it!) who could he mention in his speel???!! He doesn't really dress any real celebrities.
I have just clicked on his feature on the QVC and guess which top UK celeb 'LOVES' his bags and is pictured...the one and only...EMMA FORBES!!!!!! Rush me one of his bags now please....
I have bought a couple of v.expensive handbags (more than Charlie's) but these designer bags will a) retain some of their value, even second hand b) are classics bags c) the designer never discounts/does sales d) actually cost more to purchase each year for the same bag.
Whereas have you seen the price of Charlie bags in the clearance section...some are about £60. I would be fuming if I had paid full price!!!

I hate these bags, they look cheap & trashy and I can't believe the prices! B&W are in a similar vain but at least they are cheaper trash!Just because some Z list celebs are supposed to have them doesn't make them attractive.

I dislike Mr Lapson...oleaginous man! There, I've wanted to use that word for ages! But it's SO bad to expect us all to be swooning over his pricey bags and diamoneek concoctions just because a 'sleb' once wore something similar. He can't think much of our intelligence if he really believes that's all we want. I feel slightly 'used' as a viewer even though happily I'm not tempted by Lapsonalia...

Attica x

I dislike Mr Lapson...oleaginous man! There, I've wanted to use that word for ages! But it's SO bad to expect us all to be swooning over his pricey bags and diamoneek concoctions just because a 'sleb' once wore something similar. He can't think much of our intelligence if he really believes that's all we want. I feel slightly 'used' as a viewer even though happily I'm not tempted by Lapsonalia...

Attica x

Oh eer Mrs, thank you for teaching me a new word. :clapping:

As to these pix of celebs carrying his bags, it's because he's giving them away!! They get the stuff FOC if they're pictured with them. It's like Angelina Jolie has got every pair of Bulgari sunglasses known to man, because they send them to her for free! Always made me wonder why people that can afford to buy designer stuff always get it for free??!!

i dont for a minute beleive that the bags he sells on qvc are the same as the bags he sells/gives to the cast of desperate housewives.:thinking:

I ordered one back in my other life (when I still had a credit card) and the leather was SO thin I knew that one my cat brushed against it it would tear. Needless to say it went back. Never been so disappointed with a bag in my life. Designer my a*se!!!

I ordered one back in my other life (when I still had a credit card) and the leather was SO thin I knew that one my cat brushed against it it would tear. Needless to say it went back. Never been so disappointed with a bag in my life. Designer my a*se!!!

oh dear and they are that DEAR!:smirk:

He does not appear on QVC US which you would think if he was that famous? Why dont we get Dooney and Bourke bags? They look nice.

The only think I have liked about Charlie's bags was the colour sometimes. I catch a glance and think oh lovely colour. Then see the bag and think don't like the style and wouldn't pay that for one!

Yes I would like us in the UK to get the Dooney and Bourke range.

Never ordered a Charlie Lapson bag, way too pricey, but Dooney & Burke now that would be good. I have one I got a couple of years ago in the States. Am I right in thinking they sell D & B on QVC US. Note to QVC buyers, if you are going to import US stuff, get something decent please

Latest posts

Back