Congratulations Joan Collins !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Talking about calm hour with Joan, I am now watching Alison with Andrea Mclean, and I have to turn over, because, Alison Keenan is screeching and making statements like" only £15 !!!!!!"
as if the item should be £1500! She does not take a breath in between either:mysmilie_10:

Admire AK for what she has gone through but totally unable to watch her anymore, screeching and never draws breath. Such a shame as she was so calm years ago.

Someone I used to work with was friends with someone who worked on the Martini ads that Joan made with Leonard Rossiter all those years ago. He said she was a joy to work with, so professional and no "diva" tantrums. Leonard Rossiter on the other hand was allegedly very difficult to work with. Sadly he died before his time, I used to love Rising Damp.

Joan is very alert and agile ...I read somewhere that in those day if she was filming and wanted to look slim, all she ate was sardine :nod: must be all the omega fatty acids keeping her this fit and well :cool:

Admire AK for what she has gone through but totally unable to watch her anymore, screeching and never draws breath. Such a shame as she was so calm years ago.

Some days she is not too bad, but some days she is unbearable she speaks so much and so fast that she makes me feel breathless . The way she exaggerates on the value of items makes me annoyed because I am unable to ask her to shut up, because she is on telly:giggle:

Oh come on... Tell you what, send us a picture when you reach 81 and we can all critique that.

She's an old style 'star' and I love her for it - better than seeing the scruffy dressed-down look or, worse, the frozen, plumped up fish pouting plastic faces of our new divas.

I hope I'll look that good at 61 let alone 81!

Sorry that my post was deemed as a dig at Joan, it truly wasn't, I admire Joan, and was impressed with her real hair
As for posting my image at the age of 81, the current state of my health I'm afraid reaching 51 will be a personal dream.

Thanks to people like Joan Collins, ladies stopped thinking that they were old when they reached 50+. They started thinking there was life after 50 yrs old and started having fun.
Just compare some photos of women of over 40 about 20-25 yrs ago and the women over 40 now! Gone are the tight perms, and " the grandma look!"

Sorry to disappoint, but 20 years ago I was 45 and I neither had the 'grandma look' nor a tight perm. In fact for most of my life and well into my 50's I sported the Cathy McGowan hair style (but you're probably too young to remember her). Also 'us lot who are now in our 60's' were the teenage pioneers of dressing young, and not like our mothers once we had turned 16 !!!!!!

Joan is very alert and agile ...I read somewhere that in those day if she was filming and wanted to look slim, all she ate was sardine :nod: must be all the omega fatty acids keeping her this fit and well :cool:
I read an interview recently where she said she always makes sure that she eats an avocado each day and swears by it for keeping her in good condition. Needless to say, avocados are now a daily staple for me! :giggle:

Love your signature btw.

The year after my first husband died I went on an organised holiday to America with a group of other widowed ladies and one of them we called " Young Violet ". She was 92, looked at least 20 years younger, had been widowed twice, could walk the legs off a donkey and had all her marbles intact. We were fascinated by her and she`d worked until well into her 80`s ( she was a kilt maker and had made kilts for the Royals amongst others ), had outlived one of her own children and still lived independently.
Of course we all wanted to know her secret and she swore by eating little but often, a short afternoon nap, she said she walked everyday and swam twice weekly and her top tip was a nip of whiskey every night before bed. All I can say is whatever she was doing, she was doing it right and I can still see her in her swimming cossie, diving into hotel pools and putting the rest of us much younger ladies to shame.

Vienna, I should think her mind set and general outlook on life is at least 75% of the secret to her youthfulness.

Lovely to see and hear of these ladies. The other lovely ones are those who grow old disgracefully!

I'm not a massive fan of Joan Collins,she is the same age as my Mum.I think she looks far too made up to look classy,more drag queeny.
Less is more in my opinion and probably would look so much nicer toned down a little.

Trouble is, you can't reverse the ageing process, no matter how much money you throw at it, so she'd look more natural and I think classier and better if she toned it down a bit. But she is who she is, and if that's the look she's happy with and it's a style that suits her personality best, who are we to say?

I think she looks great! Yes, her look is on the heavy makeup side....but she is old school glamour and toned down she just wouldn't be....joan!

Good on her for maintaining the glamour I say!

Ageing "actors" need to be careful that they don't turn into a parody of themselves.

Hard to beat class eg Lauren Bacal and Katherine Hepburn.

Latest posts

Back