Cookshop 11 Litre Halogen Oven in Black

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

dollydimple

Registered Shopper
I have been looking at this today - the sexy black version - as described during one of the presentations :giggle: Cookshop 11 Litre Halogen Oven in Black with 8 Accessories (I removed the link as it wouldn't work :sad: )

Has anyone got one of these ovens with the lid attached to the extendable arm? Are they any good? I had a small 7ltr prolectrix halogen with a removable lid which I didn't use much - I found the size a bit restrictive - but it did make lovely toast! Plus, the lid was mad hot and even though I had a lid stand, I was always worried in case the lid fell off the stand and ruined my worktop. I do quite fancy the 11ltr oven though and the black would match my other kitchen appliances.

We've had the white one for a few years and it gets used most days - can certainly reccomend it and much prefer having the lid just lift up rather than having to try and pit it somewhere.

We've had the white one for a few years and it gets used most days - can certainly reccomend it and much prefer having the lid just lift up rather than having to try and pit it somewhere.

Thanks for the response, I have ordered it and already cleared a space on my worktop for it with no cupboards above to allow room for the lid. :sun:

Wow, it was delivered this morning! Had a little play with it to make sure it works with the arm low / high ( some reviews said it didn't always work with the arm raised on the extender) and it seems ok. Looks very nice, all seems present and correct and will have a good try out over the weekend. Will keep the packaging in the loft room ( which I do with most things until I am happy things work ok).

Hope it works all ok for you - we have had ours 3-4 years now and not had a problem with it.

Quite impressed with it so far. It does make a difference, IMO, not to have to move a red hot heavy lid and find somewhere to place it. I was a bit wary initially that I may catch my arm on the lift up lid, or that it may come crashing down but it seems very secure and it is lifted well out of the way.
I have to be honest, I also have a Phillips airfryer ( black of course, lol), which I love but the capacity is small for some things. I am hoping with the addition of the halogen oven to my kitchen, that I can avoid using my electric oven - that will be used just for storage - and hopefully, it should work out cheaper to cook / bake.

...........and I am loving the black colour, it looks well on my black granite worktop :heart:.

I have had the white one for a couple of years and would'nt be with out it I use it every day.
It's the only one I've had so the lid is what I'm used to. I suppose you would need to think about the height of the open lid if you had limited space and cupboards above your work tops, I'm fortunate in that I have a large kitchen with a lot of worktop space ,and white is perfect for me as my kitchen is all white.

I have had the white one for a couple of years and would'nt be with out it I use it every day.
It's the only one I've had so the lid is what I'm used to. I suppose you would need to think about the height of the open lid if you had limited space and cupboards above your work tops, I'm fortunate in that I have a large kitchen with a lot of worktop space ,and white is perfect for me as my kitchen is all white.

You are so right, the space is needed for the lid height. Fortunately, I have an area of worktop without cupboards above, so it sits there nicely. I would have been a bit stuck otherwise, unless I put it on the breakfast bar and I think it would have taken too much room there. Just off to make some cheese on toast with it now. It's like my new toy :giggle:

I've found a place in the kitchen where it can go so I've bought the white one. I already have a tabletop combi oven which is great but cannot cook the chicken and the roast potatoes at the same time. Looking forward to roasted veg as well. I assume the white and black models were the same apart from the colour.

I've found a place in the kitchen where it can go so I've bought the white one. I already have a tabletop combi oven which is great but cannot cook the chicken and the roast potatoes at the same time. Looking forward to roasted veg as well. I assume the white and black models were the same apart from the colour.

exactly the same, just different colour. It's a bit annoying that the black was a bit more expensive but I wanted to match up with my existing items. It's very quick delivery. I got a dispatch email the day after ordering and the oven was delivered the following day ie 48 hours after ordering. I'm going to make a quiche in mine tomorrow. There's a nice little recipe in the small recipe book included - but I won't be adding bacon to it as I'm vege - might try some of the quorn bacon style slices, chopped up.

Lovely 12l black halogen oven on sale in costco from next week for just £24 pounds. No attached lid but does have the extender etc. bargain.

Lovely 12l black halogen oven on sale in costco from next week for just £24 pounds. No attached lid but does have the extender etc. bargain.

ooh, that's a good price. I really wanted the attached lid, though, after having some near misses with my previous halogen removable lid - I can be a bit clumsy at times. Plus, my kitchen is quite small so I struggled to find a safe place for the lid and stand.

Latest posts

Back