Cozee Home New Items

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I missed this or one like it at the end of last year and was quite sad, but bought something similar-ish in January - it might have been a Big Deal. It's more like an open-fronted wrap but has the same "look" and fluffy fabric. I am really disappointed by how un-cosy it is. It's just too lightweight and, despite the long pile, quite thin. It's also a complete pain in the arse if you are doing anything but sit still in it.

:(

I continue my search for an electric/heated wrap that is not just top of shoulders but not huge like the heated blankets or that thing you hermetically seal yourself into with a zip.

Mr L says anything with wires which is folded in any way, for instance to put away during the summer, is a disaster just waiting to happen.

Slanket type things - are these not dangerous for tripping etc?

Mr L says anything with wires which is folded in any way, for instance to put away during the summer, is a disaster just waiting to happen.

Slanket type things - are these not dangerous for tripping etc?
If you wear a slanket like a dressing gown, yes, major trip hazard. If you wear as intended as a blanket, sitting in a chair/on sofa with your feet in the foot pocket and arms in sleeves, you won't trip as you won't be standing up. I wouldn't wear one to walk about in as you could do yourself a damage if you fell.

CC

I missed this or one like it at the end of last year and was quite sad, but bought something similar-ish in January - it might have been a Big Deal. It's more like an open-fronted wrap but has the same "look" and fluffy fabric. I am really disappointed by how un-cosy it is. It's just too lightweight and, despite the long pile, quite thin. It's also a complete pain in the arse if you are doing anything but sit still in it.

:(

I continue my search for an electric/heated wrap that is not just top of shoulders but not huge like the heated blankets or that thing you hermetically seal yourself into with a zip.

Homedics currently have a throw on offer. I think it's around £45 but I've seen it at £80. I bought it on sale at £35.

It's a battery-powered one that holds it in a pocket. This makes it heavy and lop-sided to walk around in but it's great just to sit in if you don't want wires/don't have a socket nearby or if you wanted something for the car (it's brilliant at keeping me warm while Mr. AE drives us around with the 'heating' at sub-zero!).

I had a quick look and the Homedics is available from QVC (402870).

You could technically buy then return then buy from Homedics for half the price if you like it. Or save yourself money by just paying postage to try it if you don't.

Homedics currently have a throw on offer. I think it's around £45 but I've seen it at £80. I bought it on sale at £35.

It's a battery-powered one that holds it in a pocket. This makes it heavy and lop-sided to walk around in but it's great just to sit in if you don't want wires/don't have a socket nearby or if you wanted something for the car (it's brilliant at keeping me warm while Mr. AE drives us around with the 'heating' at sub-zero!).
I had a quick look and the Homedics is available from QVC (402870).

You could technically buy then return then buy from Homedics for half the price if you like it. Or save yourself money by just paying postage to try it if you don't.
You are so kind, ae. The Homedics cordless one (no massage) looks ideal for size, lack of wires, etc. I can only see it on their website in Outlet (damaged box) for £49 inc P&P but just had a quick look so will have a proper look later and do a bit of research. I didn’t even know this sort of thing was available and assumed it was only in my head.

Just posted a review of my Aldi heated throw, not published yet - - - -

When I received it, the box was extremely battered. Then I discovered it was a customer's return.

The fleece was threadbare in many places. There were no instructions or warranty card, essential for an electrical item.

I eventually got a replacement, very inconvenient having to wait in all day for a collection, then again for the 2nd delivery.

When the new box arrived, I realised how battered the original box was, as 3 of the flaps had been torn off, there was no carrying handle, and it was held together with sellotape.

But the replacement was very good, although actually it would be better if it was smaller all round, as you are not supposed to crease it, but I had to, otherwise I'd be covered head to toe.

At least they admitted it was a return. I have lost count of the times QVC have said that they didn’t send out returns. Really? I know the giveaway signs of a return and they do.
Surely any company that accepts returns sends them out to other customers? I bought a pair of boots from Charles Clinkard, loved them & regretted not buying two pairs because they sold out really quickly. They sent me another sale email & ta-da there was a pair in my size, I assume they were returns.

Surely any company that accepts returns sends them out to other customers? I bought a pair of boots from Charles Clinkard, loved them & regretted not buying two pairs because they sold out really quickly. They sent me another sale email & ta-da there was a pair in my size, I assume they were returns.
I remember that for years QVC used to deny sending out returns, yeh right! What’s their policy now? Still denying or just avoiding addressing the subject.

Avoiding saying anything until pushed and then lying.

It gets me when return complaints are on Arsebook Liamx and Co act in amazement that such a thing could possibly happen. Obviously the old cut and paste because anyone with that short a memory needs medical advice.

I don’t shop with QVC anymore, what pushed me to finally make that decision was the greedy, grabbing freebie culture that has enveloped QVC. It might sound silly to some but that was my decision. When I did shop I was very careful, usually ordering a TSV which would not have been a return and never ordering trousers which were not new arrivals. The thing that made me so cautious was receiving stained items, bloodied earrings, used kitchen equipment etc. I then became aware of the double barcode on packaging of returned goods. If they had their tags on and were clean that was fine. QVC are not alone in sending out returns but I have not experienced receiving worn, stained and body odour smelling products from anywhere else.

Would have been OK if they'd carefully inspected it and carried out an electrical safety check first. Even just looking at the box should have been enough not to send it out in that condition, I don't think Aldi had even opened it to have a look.

I don’t shop with QVC anymore, what pushed me to finally make that decision was the greedy, grabbing freebie culture that has enveloped QVC. It might sound silly to some but that was my decision. When I did shop I was very careful, usually ordering a TSV which would not have been a return and never ordering trousers which were not new arrivals. The thing that made me so cautious was receiving stained items, bloodied earrings, used kitchen equipment etc. I then became aware of the double barcode on packaging of returned goods. If they had their tags on and were clean that was fine. QVC are not alone in sending out returns but I have not experienced receiving worn, stained and body odour smelling products from anywhere else.
Really!! Try shopping with any catalogue company or Amazon or anywhere. Especially clothes. I've even had throws or cushion covers with muddy paw marks, hair and pulls on them. One throw I had looked and smelled like a sick stain as well. Nothing surprises me.

CC

I was tempted by a few gardening items today, but all had almost £6 PP each, so £24 just for PP.

If they had capped PP they would have had up to 4 more orders.
Strato you are so right. They need to do a one off postage, even it if it's just on one of their "days" like beauty or gardening. I've often put a few things in a basket to buy and then laughed as the postage is more than the items - so I just don't buy.

CC

I don’t recall getting anything which was obviously a return, although some must have been, but at least they appeared ok. However that was at the start when standards were a lot higher. Now I only buy jewellery (not earrings) or something being aired for the first time but since I only purchase a couple of times a year now it‘s academic .
Number one rule NEVER go on waitlist unless it’s something like a garden spade!

Latest posts

Back