Credit where it's due

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

QuiteVacuousChat

Registered Shopper
I am quick to criticize QVC from time to time but I've just had fantastic customer service. Bought a set of Cooks Essentials Stainless Steel pans back in 2006 which were heavily promoted as having a lifetime guarantee on the non-stick even when using metal utensils. It's now flaking off and sticking (a shame as the pans themselves are fantastic quality). Just rang Customer Service and was instantly offered a full refund - after all these years - and with no need to return the pans. Pretty impressed. Will probably give this week's CE pan set a go following this good experience. The Q can get it right :)

I am quick to criticize QVC from time to time but I've just had fantastic customer service. Bought a set of Cooks Essentials Stainless Steel pans back in 2006 which were heavily promoted as having a lifetime guarantee on the non-stick even when using metal utensils. It's now flaking off and sticking (a shame as the pans themselves are fantastic quality). Just rang Customer Service and was instantly offered a full refund - after all these years - and with no need to return the pans. Pretty impressed. Will probably give this week's CE pan set a go following this good experience. The Q can get it right :)

I'm usually a proper moaning harridan about the Q, but I agree with you - after 9 years that is very good service. Even thought they were advertised with a 'lifetime' guarantee, you sort of expect them to try to wriggle out of it. You must have been a good customer with them!

I had some saucepans from them years ago, I can't remember which make but they weren't Cooks Essentials. The lids starting falling apart and although the saucepans were several years old, they still gave me a full refund, which I thought was excellent.

On the negative side, I bought a Northern Nights featherbed which cost nearly £100 and after about 7 months the stitching started coming undone, which meant that the filling didn't stay in the 'pockets' and gave an uneven spread to the padding. I contacted QVC and received an e-mail back saying that there is only a 6 month guarantee with their Northern Nights range, which I thought was disgusting! That was, and will be, the last time I ever buy ANYTHING from Northern Nights.

I have always been impressed by their service and courtesy, just the one Lady jobs worth on their CS, and even she got it right in the end....

I had some saucepans from them years ago, I can't remember which make but they weren't Cooks Essentials. The lids starting falling apart and although the saucepans were several years old, they still gave me a full refund, which I thought was excellent.

On the negative side, I bought a Northern Nights featherbed which cost nearly £100 and after about 7 months the stitching started coming undone, which meant that the filling didn't stay in the 'pockets' and gave an uneven spread to the padding. I contacted QVC and received an e-mail back saying that there is only a 6 month guarantee with their Northern Nights range, which I thought was disgusting! That was, and will be, the last time I ever buy ANYTHING from Northern Nights.

If it's essentially fallen apart after 6 months, then at that price you probably have a legal right to a remedy (replacement or proportionate refund) regardless of what the email says. If you play hard ball with them, they'll have no choice.

Latest posts

Back