Debbie Flint-OFF

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
Im finding Debbie flint the hardest of all the Qvc presenters to watch atm ( yes even more than jll franks), the constant badgering us to buy , the interrupting of guests, the encouraging viewers to buy more than one due to the item being on Easy pays. With Jill franks everything she says I take with a pinch of salt however with Debbie I find it tiresome the way she stands with her mouth half open ready to pounce as soon as the guest starts speaking, the constant use of her ipad and the pointing finger!!

I never used to associate Qvc with the hard sell compared to other shopping channel until the last few years and it feels like its since DF has been back on Q, I assume she's one of the top sellers on the channel and it feels like some of the other presenters are cottoning onto that and beginning to do the hard sell too, I guess its bad habits she's picked up from the other channels mainly Bid .

If you compare the selling tactics of Debbie and Julia they are poles are part, im not a massive Julia fan however I can happily watch an hour when she's presenting, she will allow the guests to speak and doesn't constantly go with the hard sell, I would assume she sells affair abit or she wouldn't still be on the channel.

Im sure Debbie flint is a nice person in real life and I understand she's there to sell and that we have a choice whether to buy or not, and after the recent departures I guess the presenters will feel pressure to hit there sales targets but DF's approach is more suited to a market trader rather than the NO.1 shopping channel.

Im sure there's a hell of a lot of vulnerable and lonely people that watch Qvc and feel pressure into buying items they don't need or cant really afford, A lot of theses people probably don't have access to forums like this or are able to price compare.

:mysmilie_365:

Debbie flints always been like that, in fact she puts me off buying and I just find her amusing because she is sooooo obviuos

I agree, Autumn. I think she is awful with her hard sell tactics and market trader style. I cannot abide the way she tries to get you to buy more than one and as was mentioned yesterday, the shocking con of trying to get you to buy (say) three when the item is on three easy pays cos it is just like buying one. RUBBISH! She is no doubt pleasant enough in real life, and she can give good product info, but she never lets up trying to make you spend more and more on multiple purchases. I bet some poor souls are indeed persuaded by these tactics. Makes my blood boil. And this on the nation's second most trusted brand, according to a poll in today's Mail. I bet the voters do not read this forum!! I am so glad I found it.

I too hate Jill Franks but that is mainly cos she is an egomaniac who constantly interrupts guests, usually to talk about her favourite subject........

if you want to see the vulnerable being taken advantage of, then watch bid.... qvc is not in the same league as what goes on, on that channel.

I hear 'hard sell' banded around on here a lot, but no one seems to be able to differentiate between that and everything else. it's shopping tv... it's whats going to happen.

if you want to see the vulnerable being taken advantage of, then watch bid.... qvc is not in the same league as what goes on, on that channel.

I hear 'hard sell' banded around on here a lot, but no one seems to be able to differentiate between that and everything else. it's shopping tv... it's whats going to happen.

Ive watched Bid for a few minutes cant stand any long yes I agree its worse than Q. I would say watch a show with Julia as the presenter and then watch Debbie flint and you will see how Qvc used to be and how Qvc is now.

Ive watched Bid for a few minutes cant stand any long yes I agree its worse than Q. I would say watch a show with Julia as the presenter and then watch Debbie flint and you will see how Qvc used to be and how Qvc is now.

with all due respect to the elderly, when you see the names of buyers scroll along the bottom of the screen on bid, it always tends to be ''doris from hull'' or ''bertha from newcastle'' I just feel it is inherently wrong, if not legally.

also when chloe everton is shouting at the screen for you to buy an item, there is a chance the item is legitimately good. on bid the item is of poundland quality...

with all due respect to the elderly, when you see the names of buyers scroll along the bottom of the screen on bid, it always tends to be ''doris from hull'' or ''bertha from newcastle'' I just feel it is inherently wrong, if not legally.

also when chloe everton is shouting at the screen for you to buy an item, there is a chance the item is legitimately good. on bid the item is of poundland quality...

The item mayb good however they fail to say that in most cases the item can be bought cheaper from elsewhere lol :Wink:

She really doesn't bother me. I can forgive the selling style because she's good fun and doesn't take herself seriously.

I know I'm in the minority though :)

The item mayb good however they fail to say that in most cases the item can be bought cheaper from elsewhere lol :Wink:

they are not obligated to do that though lol. indirectly their business model is simply a test of the laziness of the customer.

''if you put in the research then welldone... if not, just give us your money...and oh look... john barrowman''

on bid, they will tell you they are cheaper than littlewoods but then not name the other 10 places they are not cheaper than. it's clever/cheeky

It`s just a job to all of them and they probably have sales targets so will say or do anything to reach those targets. Frankly I don`t believe a word ANY of them say, whether they say it loudly, quietly, forcibly or whilst swearing on a Bible, such is my distrust. Sadly many people fall for it hook, line and sinker but I`m happy to say I`m not one of them. Q is always my last port of call after I`ve searched elsewhere for the best price. Now and again they come up trumps but not often. I only ever watch the programmes I`m interested in and usually minus the volume so I don`t really give a toss who`se presenting, I`m more interested in the items I may wish to buy.

I can watch Debbie F, its just the unnecessary pointing that irritates me.Some of the others get switched off instantly.

I can't remember the last time an over zealous presenter got me to buy anything....when they get too powerful I just switch off.. :mysmilie_845:

Too hard sell for me. I switch off. I don't like to be told what to do and have a finger pointed at me telling me I need to buy 3 of everything!

Don't mind her but the I Pad being welded to her hand gets on my nerves a bit. I haven't seen her lately so she must be on when I don't watch.

Caveat Emptor! :vampire:

Sales staff aren't responsible for the frailties of customers. I reckon the "you're my friend and if you buy this I'll be yours" :mysmilie_50: style of presenters are more insidious in their manipulation of the feeble viewer.

Plus I've read forum members' posts speculating about an up-coming TSV and saying that if it's on easy-pay they'll order more than one. :mysmilie_845:

Debbie Flint has a fab dirty laugh, I missed it when she left QVC, I appreciate a good belly laugher! :mysmilie_483:

I agree with autumn. I don't like her OTT pushy technique or anything really. I just find her irritating and whereas with Julia, Alison Keenan and Kathy Tayler's demos I feel I've learned something about the product, not so with DF. It's just push, push, push, sell, sell, sell - your typical down-the-market trader. It's not her fault she laughs the way she does, I just don't like it - but it fits the market image, too.

I agree with everyone who find the hard sell a turn-off - literally. I can't watch them. But the technique must be working and she must be shifting stuff or she wouldn't still be there.

Give me Debbie Flint over Julia Roberts any day. JR has too many airs and graces and comes across like she is superior to every one else and has a snooty voice and attitude. Debbie's finger wagging doesn't offend me at all because I don't think she takes herself too seriously. She is what people call "hard sell" but at least she isn't going on about herself all the time and doesn't lie about what dress size she's wearing. And isn't fishing for compliments like CH.

Last edited:
What cracks me up is when they say, how lovely it is to have our company, when they haven't a clue who's watching!
I like DF when she's on with Antthony, she seems to bring him out of his shell more than the others. Chloe rang in sick last time she was due to work with him. Could be purely coincidental, but I remember he was very reserved when working with her on a previous occasion.
DF's voice gets on my nerves at times, but I'm very grateful that she's stopped banging on about her book!

Latest posts

Back