Doing themselves out of a job!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Just tuned in to see Chloe Everton touting a mid-range set of Antler luggage, Speaking at nineteen-to-the-dozen she rattled off her pitch, ending in: "If you want to know the sizes look online." No, Chloe that's what you're supposedly there for - giving out essential information.

I am sick to death of presenters saying - oh just call the call centre / look online. Surely sizing information should be conveyed in the presentations and displayed "on-screen?"

I am lucky to have used the internet since late childhood and have no problems with accessing information. I do wonder how many people out there don't have internet access or maybe do but are watching the live presentations to get the required information? What of the Enids, the Paulines and Brendas all sitting moribund on their Parker Knoll winged chintz chairs, waiting eagerly for that essential snippet of information - only to be sorely let down?

It won't necessarily be a bad thing when the live hours are further curtailed and QVC evolves into an Argos type of outfit. Live shopping telly is like rolling news, the quality of the information is poor, the presentation is shoddy - it's just really not very good.

What do you think?

I completely agree. Those cases are £150, not cheap yet I don’t think she told us much about how robust they are, what sort of strength tests had been done on the body, wheels and handles ? If she ever ventured to the dreaded high st she’d see that Debenhams & John Lewis have good quality luggage for half the price, with a 3 year guarantee (well it was about 5 years when I bought them). In-store you can see at a glance how big the cases are. Amazon will have a similar range and quality for goood prices.

I remember the QVC ruler!

And I saw some suitcases the other day, they spent 90% of the presentation before they even opened them.

Changing the subject - - - I rang HMV only yesterday to see if they had a particular CD in stock. They did, so I was planning to go there Wed. They were very helpful too. Today the store (which was huge) closed without warning, so it is no more :(

I also agree that the on air info is definitely lacking. The number of times that informal chat has been going on, and then before going to the next item, its "oh I haven't given you the sizes", or the colours have been skimmed over before telling you of their next holiday.

They are too concerned with telling everyone to 'tap the app', WELL I CAN'T AS I DON'T HAVE A SODDING SMARTPHONE, you smarta.....ses ! and to get in touch via Twitter, and then of course we are encouraged to contact them by every means other than ringing up. The item and information is secondary.

I got my suitcase from Sports Direct. They weren't very helpful but at least I could see the item and therefore make some assessment of its suitability.

Shame about HMV. I used to spend hours in there. I remember MVC too.

I also agree that the on air info is definitely lacking. The number of times that informal chat has been going on, and then before going to the next item, its "oh I haven't given you the sizes", or the colours have been skimmed over before telling you of their next holiday.

They are too concerned with telling everyone to 'tap the app', WELL I CAN'T AS I DON'T HAVE A SODDING SMARTPHONE, you smarta.....ses ! and to get in touch via Twitter, and then of course we are encouraged to contact them by every means other than ringing up. The item and information is secondary.

Yes, that it annoying. I guess it's easier for QVC to have the praise they desire in a nugget-sized byte. They don't want Pauline from Penge talking about how near to death she is after her gall bladder operation, and not taking the hint that they want her off the line!

PS I used a 4 wheel suitcase once. NEVER AGAIN.

On the slightest slope, it kept running away from me, so I could never let go of it.

The problem with my suitcase is that it's so mass-market that so many other people have them. I dread that carousel thing after each flight. I really need to get something better than my plain black Dunlop case.

I've designed mine, to be made by McClaren Cars, all carbon fibre with titanium reinforcement (very strong bu light. It would have 4 wheels, but with brakes on 2 of them, to get the best of all worlds.

It would probably cost about £1000 (about the same as "THE CROWN"

We want new cases but are undecided if hard or soft to buy. The hard ones look ok but not sure how robust they would be and cant afford Samsonite.

I've designed mine, to be made by McClaren Cars, all carbon fibre with titanium reinforcement (very strong bu light. It would have 4 wheels, but with brakes on 2 of them, to get the best of all worlds.

It would probably cost about £1000 (about the same as "THE CROWN"

Sounds nice! I'm not sure I could run to that "price point" (to quote a QVC phrase). Interestingly Smart (the car manufacturer) make luggage. I saw it at my local Mercedes / Smart dealership the other day. They put free floor mats in my car for all the trouble they had caused me. I'll need a small suitcase to fit in my Smart ForTwo Prime Premium and also the Piper Warrior.

Yes strato, I think all the rulers got nicked and never replaced. Charlie appears to have the last one and uses it sparingly. Bring back the rulers -but don't mention the crown!

Yes strato, I think all the rulers got nicked and never replaced. Charlie appears to have the last one and uses it sparingly. Bring back the rulers -but don't mention the crown!

Perhaps the ruler no longer accurately measures their egos.

Latest posts

Back