Ruth Langsford's Visitors

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Grizelda

ShoppingTelly Supporter
Some of Ruth's customers were invited to her show last Thursday. They were in their 50's and 60's I would say. Not a very interesting group, but I only watched for a short time. Maybe they eventually thawed out. The best dressed was the woman in the wheel chair wearing one of Ruth's dresses in pink/white with her pink faux suede jacket. At least it was colourful. The others looked blah, one of them dressed as Ruth was in the striped blouse. The blouse was ballooning out at the back and looked wrong on both of them. One of the women was the one who sent the paper water cones with Ruth's and Jackie's faces on top. Weird.

Last edited:
These sliders being an example….not even leather - ridiculous price but already two 5 star reviews 🙄

Ruth Langsford Chain Slide Sandal​

Deleted £76.92
P&P:£4.95
That is absolutely shocking!!!! £82 for a pair of faux leather sliders. You can pick up a pair of genuine leather Birkenstocks for less money than that - Who on earth does that woman think she is? I watched the demo and on seeing the close up of the silver, I don't think they looked especially well made either. Jackie came out with the immortal phrase "and they look so expensive" Jackie, my sweet, they ARE expensive. I loved hearing Ruth blundering her way through trying to explain why non leather sandals are a good option, let's face it if they were leather you wouldn't hear the end of it, and of course at least another £30 would be added to the price. I can see what she's doing there though. She wanted to get into the "sliders market" she could've gone down the EVA (plastic) route... widely available from anything upwards of £10 (Asda, Primark etc), then if you want a name (Skechers/Birkenstock) then you'll expect to pay £45 tops - Ruth is never gonna let a pair of shoes go for those prices. She probably toyed with the idea of using leather, possibly she may have considered it doubtful that even the "Stans" would be prepared to shell out over £100 for sliders, so to her "pleather" was the perfect solution because she'll get the highest price she can possibly get away with. Anyone who'd consider buying these needs a good talking to!
I just had a look at the reviews and there is a 2 star review as well, but one reviewer thanked Ruth for making Vegan shoes.....mmm I thought to be classed as vegan there's more to it than just not being made from animal skin, there has to be absolutely zero material or process in their manufacture that's associated with the animal kingdom whatsoever. That's probably why Ruth hasn't added this to her spiel - I'm sure she'd be egging the veggies and vegans on right, left and centre otherwise!

Last edited:
I love it when they bring out the customers. They don’t risk it often and I bet they vet them well.
They probably interview them and vet them to the point that they look scared stiff and dare not open their mouths.

That is absolutely shocking!!!! £82 for a pair of faux leather sliders. You can pick up a pair of genuine leather Birkenstocks for less money than that - Who on earth does that woman think she is? I watched the demo and on seeing the close up of the silver, I don't think they looked especially well made either. Jackie came out with the immortal phrase "and they look so expensive" Jackie, my sweet, they ARE expensive. I loved hearing Ruth blundering her way through trying to explain why non leather sandals are a good option, let's face it if they were leather you wouldn't hear the end of it, and of course at least another £30 would be added to the price. I can see what she's doing there though. She wanted to get into the "sliders market" she could've gone down the EVA (plastic) route... widely available from anything upwards of £10 (Asda, Primark etc), then if you want a name (Skechers/Birkenstock) then you'll expect to pay £45 tops - Ruth is never gonna let a pair of shoes go for those prices. She probably toyed with the idea of using leather, possibly she may have considered it doubtful that even the "Stans" would be prepared to shell out over £100 for sliders, so to her "pleather" was the perfect solution because she'll get the highest price she can possibly get away with. Anyone who'd consider buying these needs a good talking to!
I just had a look at the reviews and there is a 2 star review as well, but one reviewer thanked Ruth for making Vegan shoes.....mmm I thought to be classed as vegan there's more to it than just not being made from animal skin, there has to be absolutely zero material or process in their manufacture that's associated with the animal kingdom whatsoever. That's probably why Ruth hasn't added this to her spiel - I'm sure she'd be egging the veggies and vegans on right, left and centre otherwise!
She was quick to add her old chestnut "They are made from high quality faux leather'. The price for these sliders is totally ridiculous.

I didn`t see it but here`s betting the guests were from the sycophantic QVC UK facebook page which cons people because they think they`re actually joining the official QVC page. There are some real Ruthie backside kissers on that group and they`d sell their soul plus a kidney to be in her regal oops I mean real presence.

Or the ones who have every item in every colour of Ruth's range, including the overpriced footwear and handbags.
To be fair this would've been an ideal gig for some of the ex-Qurios - Call them what you like but, they did an unprecedented amount of unpaid work for QVC! So if anyone deserves a treat like this (if you can call it a treat) it would be them! The only thing is, is that I don't recall an awful lot of RL's stuff being featured on Qurio so perhaps this little group consisted of Ruth Langsford superfans who email her on a daily basis telling her "I've just bought my millionth cricket jumper"!

That is absolutely shocking!!!! £82 for a pair of faux leather sliders. You can pick up a pair of genuine leather Birkenstocks for less money than that - Who on earth does that woman think she is? I watched the demo and on seeing the close up of the silver, I don't think they didn't looked especially well made either. Jackie came out with the immortal phrase "and they look so expensive" Jackie, my sweet, they ARE expensive. I loved hearing Ruth blundering her way through trying to explain why non leather sandals are a good option, let's face it if they were leather you wouldn't hear the end of it, and of course at least another £30 would be added to the price. I can see what she's doing there though. She wanted to get into the "sliders market" she could've gone down the EVA (plastic) route... widely available from anything from £10 (Asda, Primark etc), then if you want a name (Skechers/Birkenstock) then you'll expect to pay £45 tops - Ruth is never gonna let a pair of shoes go for those prices. She probably toyed with the idea of using leather, but even she may have considered it doubtful that even the "Stans" would be prepared to shell out over £100 for sliders, so to her "pleather" was the perfect solution because she'll get the highest price she can possibly get away with. Anyone who'd consider buying these needs a good talking to!

To be fair this would've been an ideal gig for some of the ex-Qurios - Call them what you like but, they did an unprecedented amount of unpaid work for QVC! So if anyone deserves a treat like this (if you can call it a treat) it would be them! The only thing is, is that I don't recall an awful lot of RL's stuff being featured on Qurio so perhaps this little group consisted of Ruth Langsford superfans who email her on a daily basis telling her "I've just bought my millionth cricket jumper"!
Whenever they have customers on site, on the phone, or on zoom, I find it so cringeworthy I have to switch to another channel. So sycophantic.

Totally agree. How she has the brass neck to sell plastic shoes for £82.00 is shocking! What is as bad are the fools who buy them!!

Latest posts

Back