Dull Diamonds

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

attica

Registered Shopper
I'm watching the 'Diamond Spectacular' in the hope it would alleviate my pre Christmas Exhaustion and am finding it SO dull. Hardly any new designs and the ones they're flogging don't look that good to me. It's strange how presenters stress the 'D' quality (ie best possible blue-white diamond colour) simulation of 'Diamoneek', but barely any info is given about these 'real' diamonds, which look poor quality, dull and greyish on my TV at least.:sleepy:

Why don't QVC have a few really top quality diamond pieces, like they have with south sea pearls, and preeeemier tanzanite...? At least it would be more exciting to watch.

Also the theme music for this show sounds like it should be the soundtrack for a dodgy adult movie. (Not that I'd know of course!):giggle:

Rant over - perhaps I'm just grumpy and want to see some proper sparkly stuff!

Attica x

It's true. We need to know about the grading of these diamonds - what clarity and colour range are they? Also everything is in 9ct gold - offputting.

The studio lights make the diamonds sparkle. I'm not so sure they would look so good in natural light.

I have never liked the look of their diamonds. There are only ever clusters that look like the bits that get swept up at the end of the day. Very few solitaires.

I guess you get what you pay for? I am no gem expert but these seem reasonable for diamonds and clusters made up on small diamonds even if the collective weight is 1ct are always cheaper than a solitaire.I never like the look of Emeralds on QVC as they are always very 'cloudy' but again a flawless
( or nearly) would be out of most peoples price range.Perhaps we had better stick to DMQ!

I'd rather have a decent sized single morganite or aquamarine stone than a cluster of dull diamonds.

Single diamond stones of any quality are super expensive and gorgeous.

I know someone with a 3ct single diamond solitaire. To be honest it is so big that people just assume it's not real. That would be depressing wouldn't it.

The bigger the diamond the more expensive it is, therefore 1ct in total of tiny diamonds is way less expensive than one 1ct stone. The might sparkle a bit in the studio lights but they'll be like glass in real life. I'm lucky enough to have a 1ct solitaire engagement ring so I know what I'm talking about.

I ordered an eternity style ring with cognac diamonds a couple of years ago and sent it straight back. The band looked as thin as fuse wire and I could barely see the diamonds. My fault, I suppose, for forgetting that the camerman uses 'zoom' so that you get the impression that the ring and the diamonds are visible to the human eye.

I no longer bother watching the diamond shows. Anything that is of a decent size is way out of my price bracket.

Ladies, pop over to the Gems/Rocks/Jewellery Channel threads and you'll get some brilliant advice from people who really know their stuff, and a lot of laughs along the way, too. There are more affordable alternatives to QVC in terms of good quality jewellery, though the diamond cluster debate and the resulting rings which look as if they're clustered with granulated sugar, pops up from time to time on various threads.
I have engagement rings which are diamond solitaires, and they are much more beautiful than these awful diamond dust efforts which don't appeal to me at all.

Latest posts

Back