Help Support ShoppingTelly:

CallMeQ

Registered Shopper
Item no:804624
EasiYo Yoghurt Mini Yoghurt Maker Starter Pack

QVC Price: £22.00
Feature Price: £17.88
P&P: £4.95

http://www.qvcuk.com/EasiYo-Yoghurt....804624.html?cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-13-_-804624

Item no:804625
EasiYo Yoghurt 6 x Mini Yoghurt Sachets

QVC Price: £13.00
Introductory Price: £11.88
P&P: £3.95

Available in - Banana, Greek and Coconut, Strawberry, Low fat greek, Sweet greek and Vanilla.

http://www.qvcuk.com/EasiYo-Yoghurt....804625.html?cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-14-_-804625

I think this is a good idea as I wont use the big one as it often went to waste as there was only myself eating it... might need one of these as i do like the yoghurt.

Lakeland also have the mini version and offers on some varieties atm.

Also they do this link which could save you buying a new maker!

BTW Holland and Barrett and even Wilko do easiyo so you could 'click and collect....

Item no:804624
EasiYo Yoghurt Mini Yoghurt Maker Starter Pack

QVC Price: £22.00
Feature Price: £17.88
P&P: £4.95

http://www.qvcuk.com/EasiYo-Yoghurt....804624.html?cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-13-_-804624

Item no:804625
EasiYo Yoghurt 6 x Mini Yoghurt Sachets

QVC Price: £13.00
Introductory Price: £11.88
P&P: £3.95

Available in - Banana, Greek and Coconut, Strawberry, Low fat greek, Sweet greek and Vanilla.

http://www.qvcuk.com/EasiYo-Yoghurt....804625.html?cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-14-_-804625

I think this is a good idea as I wont use the big one as it often went to waste as there was only myself eating it... might need one of these as i do like the yoghurt.

id wait till lakeland reduce it to half price again as that happens ever so often as i knew these were coming & ive mentioned it previously but even the odd boxes are cheaper on lakeland or instore they also have 804623 EasiYo Yoghurt Basket with 2 Jars & Mini Sachets Starter Kit but id buy it from lakeland here http://www.lakeland.co.uk/70505/EasiYo™-Basket-and-2-Jars

which means if you buy a 1kg maker you can make 2 x 500g ones which is a great idea

Good old Q, wrong description on the website:
Just mix an EasiYo sachet with water, put it in your EasiYo Yogurt Maker and in a matter of hours you can enjoy 1kg of yoghurt'
Should be 500g I think.

As someone mentioned on this forum before (great tip!!) you can always weigh out half a normal sachet and use half the amount of water in the standard maker to make a half batch ... just seal the open sachet tightly and it will keep for a while till you are ready to make more.

Last edited:
I was interested to see this thread as I have one of the older style large easiyo maker but because it's only me on my lonesome, 1kg of yoghurt is a lot even for a yoghurt lover such as myself! I also found it v expensive compared to buying, for example, Tesco full or reduced fat Greek yoghurt (£1/500g).
I was given the maker as a pressie but haven't used for ages.

However if I invested in the basket with two 500g jars, I could actually make occasional use of my old maker which could be really convenient at times esp being housebound and not able to buy fresh yoghurt (or anything!) easily! Mind you I do find the small yogurt maker pretty adorable - so that's tempting me!!

But I was just thinking, surely you could just use half of a large sachet so am very happy to see it posted that you could do just that ;) Wonder if anyone has tried that?

Based on the Lakeland price of a pack of 3 plain mini mixes the yoghurt is £1.60p/500g. With the qvc price inc pandp it's £2.66 which is extortionate! The only way to make it in any way comparable to the Tesco jobby is to buy from lakeland one of the 2 lots of the large maker packs of 5 on a buy one get one half price deal and voila it's 89p per 500g :)

I saw on the lakeland a pack of 3 plain mixes for the smaller maker has one really poor review from someone who owns and loves their big maker but had issues with these mixes not setting. The response from lakeland customer service was to add a tablespoonful or two of yog from a previous batch next time which I thought was interesting...
(http://www.lakeland.co.uk/70506/EasiYo™-Greek-Style-500g-Multipack)

*Sorry I have given far too much thought and calculation in to this post on yoghurt!! Let's just say it's been a very rough day indeed and am obviously doing distraction activities!! ;) *

I was interested to see this thread as I have one of the older style large easiyo maker but because it's only me on my lonesome, 1kg of yoghurt is a lot even for a yoghurt lover such as myself! I also found it v expensive compared to buying, for example, Tesco full or reduced fat Greek yoghurt (£1/500g).

However if I invested in the basket with two 500g jars, I could actually make occasional use of my old maker which could be really convenient at times esp being housebound and not able to buy fresh yoghurt (or anything!) easily! Mind you I do find the small yogurt maker pretty adorable - so that's tempting me!!

But I was just thinking, surely you could just use half of a large sachet so am very happy to see it posted that you could do just that ;) Wonder if anyone has tried that?

Based on the Lakeland price of a pack of 3 plain mini mixes the yoghurt is £1.60p/500g. With the qvc price inc pandp it's £2.66 which is extortionate! The only way to make it in any way comparable to the Tesco jobby is to buy from lakeland one of the 2 lots of the large maker packs of 5 on a buy one get one half price deal and voila it's 89p per 500g :)

I saw on the lakeland a pack of 3 plain mixes for the smaller maker has one really poor review from someone who owns and loves their big maker but had issues with these mixes not setting. The response from lakeland customer service was to add a tablespoonful or two of yog from a previous batch next time which I thought was interesting...

*Sorry I have given far too much thought and calculation in to this post on yoghurt!! Let's just say it's been a very rough day indeed and am obviously doing distraction activities!! ;) *

Good old Q, wrong description on the website:
Just mix an EasiYo sachet with water, put it in your EasiYo Yogurt Maker and in a matter of hours you can enjoy 1kg of yoghurt'
Should be 500g I think.

As someone mentioned on this forum before (great tip!!) you can always weigh out half a normal sachet and use half the amount of water in the standard maker to make a half batch ... just seal the open sachet tightly and it will keep for a while till you are ready to make more.

Hi LoopyLou, yes I've tried making half batches very successfully. Wish I could remember who posted the tip originally so I could give them the credit. You fill the container with boiling water to the top of the baffle as normal but halve the amount of water and easiyo powder in the jar.
The great thing about easiyo is that you can keep it for ages in the packet and make it as you need it. If I used yoghurt all the time I would buy fresh but it is an occasional thing in our household.

If you like plain yogurt, I can't understand why anyone would ever buy Easiyo sachets.

Just get a cheap live yogurt from Tesco etc.

Eat 99% of it, but put 10grams into the yogurt maker and fill with milk (I use UHT skimmed).

Job done, next day delicious yogurt.

Take 10g out and use for the next day's yogurt.

I'm made over 1000 yogurts from the original 10g. The only cost is the milk, so 49P a litre of yogurt in my case

Just so you know you can't use the basket and 2 jars in the old size maker. You need the new style 1kg maker for the basket to fit. I do have the new shape 1kg maker. I brought mum the mini maker and sachets for Christmas as she was struggling to use the full 1kg. At the same time I brought me the basket and 2 jars. I currently have a vanilla 500g in one and the other has half a vanilla smoothie pack in it so we will see how it turns out later

I bought the EasiYo Mini Yoghurt Maker from Lakeland when they first came out, the normal size maker has hardly been used since. They do sell boxes of mini sachets but with limited choice at the moment that's why i buy the normal size and weigh half the amount and make it the normal way. This way, because of the smaller amount I have different favours during the week.

It's official I love the new basket and smaller jars.

I had measured out half the packet of the Vanilla Bean Smoothie which went into the bottom jar and then I had a mini sachet of vanilla yoghurt in the top jar. The yoghurt set beautifully and I was able to turn out the whole jar into a jug. I actually decant my yoghurt into smaller 10ml pots but I have to break the "set yoghurt" to be able to poor it into the smaller pots. As long as I don't go mad, once it's been in the fridge it does re-set. Being able to put the whole lot into a jug meant that I didn't have to shake it madly to be able to decant it, I could break it with a fork.

Now my two old style makers are completely redundant.

Hi LoopyLou, yes I've tried making half batches very successfully. Wish I could remember who posted the tip originally so I could give them the credit. You fill the container with boiling water to the top of the baffle as normal but halve the amount of water and easiyo powder in the jar.
The great thing about easiyo is that you can keep it for ages in the packet and make it as you need it. If I used yoghurt all the time I would buy fresh but it is an occasional thing in our household.

So you mean you're making the half batches in the normal large jar in the large maker? Sorry if it's obvious just want to be sure! Thank you! X

Just so you know you can't use the basket and 2 jars in the old size maker. You need the new style 1kg maker for the basket to fit. I do have the new shape 1kg maker. I brought mum the mini maker and sachets for Christmas as she was struggling to use the full 1kg. At the same time I brought me the basket and 2 jars. I currently have a vanilla 500g in one and the other has half a vanilla smoothie pack in it so we will see how it turns out later

Oh gosh thanks for pointing this out about the basket and mini jars NOT fitting in the older style large makers - I was going to get someone to buy me one this week!

Think I shall try just have to try the half pack and half water in the larger jar :)

Interesting thread! I haven't found any yoghurt that lives up to the Greek and Coconut - but living alone 1kg wouldn't get eaten in a month of Sundays! I was looking at the mini maker and mini sachets, but now I may try using half a packet in my old, big maker. I once asked Jilly Jones (not in person, I must add!) about using half a packet and sealing the rest for later - she said no, due to the live cultures, or something......

So, my question is, if I use my old, large maker, I use half a sachet of mix, half the water recommended in the jar, same amount of boiling water.....does the time alter? I found mine set best at 7 hours (1kg) - would it be the same for 500g? Thank you!

Interesting thread! I haven't found any yoghurt that lives up to the Greek and Coconut - but living alone 1kg wouldn't get eaten in a month of Sundays! I was looking at the mini maker and mini sachets, but now I may try using half a packet in my old, big maker. I once asked Jilly Jones (not in person, I must add!) about using half a packet and sealing the rest for later - she said no, due to the live cultures, or something......

So, my question is, if I use my old, large maker, I use half a sachet of mix, half the water recommended in the jar, same amount of boiling water.....does the time alter? I found mine set best at 7 hours (1kg) - would it be the same for 500g? Thank you!

Hi! I've tried the half sachet technique as you suggest above. Normal amount of boiling water but halve everything else. I found it does take a litttle longer to set (or use slightly less water) to get it to set thickly. I think this is because the void at the top (where the other half of the yoghurt would normally be!!) doesn't retain the heat so well. Experts in thermodynamics could explain, I'm sure. I've done this with the regular Greek mix with no problems.

Hi! I've tried the half sachet technique as you suggest above. Normal amount of boiling water but halve everything else. I found it does take a litttle longer to set (or use slightly less water) to get it to set thickly. I think this is because the void at the top (where the other half of the yoghurt would normally be!!) doesn't retain the heat so well. Experts in thermodynamics could explain, I'm sure. I've done this with the regular Greek mix with no problems.

Do you REALLY want me to explain the laws of thermodynamics and entropy etc?????

Don't see way it shouldn't work but why not checkout your local Lakeland store for the mini, I bought mine for approx £7 they might still have them on offer. I split a normal pack into 2 and the yoghurt sets as normal with no problem.

Latest posts

Back