Elemis TSV 12/02/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well now.. look at this…
Im going to keep the original…. Bit of a different tune she’s singing now isn’t it?
Then they must stop saying 3 years unopened as it makes it so hazy! Plus stop telling people to buy 2, 3 or more as Ms Fllint often says! Most people use other products as well so stockpiling shouldn’t be recommended with these inconsistent shelf life.

Then they must stop saying 3 years unopened as it makes it so hazy! Plus stop telling people to buy 2, 3 or more as Ms Fllint often says! Most people use other products as well so stockpiling shouldn’t be recommended with these inconsistent shelf life
But they won’t….
Been a bit of an eye opener really…. Now we’ve all run to our cupboards to check the dates and decided we need to use up our stash 😂

I try to use items up in a reasonable date order. But I dont care if my items are old by the time I get round to using it. Specially if they are clearance items. But the beauty TSV's are usually sold as being made to order so fresh stock. Ms Flint always pushing the sales makes me turn over..

Nothing wrong with the Good Old High Street. And you're keeping those helpful sales people in jobs and our high streets vibrant. Who needs a cupboard full of old stock anyway so just do old one out, new one in. These cosmetic brands are preying on peoples low self-esteem that they don't look young anymore and I remember reading somewhere (this site?) that one of the older, cheaper brands works just as well. Please remind me which one it was, someone!

Reading Keeley's reply from Facebook, I think Elemis have stepped in and told her to say this. Stop fighting with customers and pissing them off!

So, in future, I would check the manufacturing dates on all beauty products sold on QVC. I know SA on counters look down their nose at TKMaxx saying oh it is old stock they sell. But the companies themselves are selling such things on QVC because 99% of people won't know about date codes and or just don't care as it is such a great deal.

I try to use items up in a reasonable date order. But I dont care if my items are old by the time I get round to using it. Specially if they are clearance items. But the beauty TSV's are usually sold as being made to order so fresh stock. Ms Flint always pushing the sales makes me turn over..
I can’t stand her. She’s so false and thinks she’s so ****** wonderful.

I always rotate my items, so the last one I buy goes to the back…
I found some unopened ultrasun in the back of the cupboard when I was pulling stuff out. I know that I’ve had that for at least three years so I think I need to use that this year and then throw it

Reading Keeley's reply from Facebook, I think Elemis have stepped in and told her to say this. Stop fighting with customers and pissing them off!

So, in future, I would check the manufacturing dates on all beauty products sold on QVC. I know SA on counters look down their nose at TKMaxx saying oh it is old stock they sell. But the companies themselves are selling such things on QVC because 99% of people won't know about date codes and or just don't care as it is such a great deal.
I suspect you are correct. The TSV was a bit of a Pandora’s box, and now the lid is well and truly off, a lot of us have been left feeling rather miffed. Putting it mildly.
I know I'm going to be looking at TSV’s in the future with different eyes, and not just Elemis.
As for TKMax at least you know what you are getting! I don’t mind paying a lot less for something that I know I’ve got to use this year. It’s all the deceit I can’t stand.

Keeley has been flogging, sorry promoting the rose set with the new PCMC…I think someone posted it on here. The new cream plus oil and a balm. Apparently the 15ml cream will last 4-6 weeks 😵😂

They clearly didn't learn anything from the Liz Earle debacle, you deceive your customers at your peril. If we get the merest whiff of deceit, whether by intention or omission, we will not trust the brand again. I feel Liz Earle is a shadow of its former self because of it.

They clearly didn't learn anything from the Liz Earle debacle, you deceive your customers at your peril. If we get the merest whiff of deceit, whether by intention or omission, we will not trust the brand again. I feel Liz Earle is a shadow of its former self because of it.
I think the Liz Earle TSVS did suffer after all that nonsense…. Sets that would normally have flown out didn't, and some of the items that were in the TSV’s have been in their outlet section for ages….
I still use the IBST because it’s the best I’ve ever used, and I love Superskin, but I can’t say hand on heart that I really feel the same about the brand.

And remember the Decleor debacle in that the brand ambassador kept saying the ‘new’ better x oil which turned out to be nothing like better. The deception likely led to the demise of the brand on QVC and the brand ambassador left Decleor all together so clearly wasn’t that enamoured with the debacle either! I used to love the iris oil but they dabbled with its contents, changed it’s name and in the end I just gave up and looked elsewhere 🤷‍♀️

And remember the Decleor debacle in that the brand ambassador kept saying the ‘new’ better x oil which turned out to be nothing like better. The deception likely led to the demise of the brand on QVC and the brand ambassador left Decleor all together so clearly wasn’t that enamoured with the debacle either! I used to love the iris oil but they dabbled with its contents, changed it’s name and in the end I just gave up and looked elsewhere 🤷‍♀️
Decleor oils were fabulous. I used to get them from a pharmacy in the Carreforre centre in Calais. Me and a friend went over twice a year to stock up. Gatineau Clarins and Decleor were all much cheaper, we had a nice day out and got cheap cigarettes as we smoked back then.

The Decleor debacle indeed. How to ruin a brand in one fell swoop. I cannot even find Prolagene gel these days, well not any that I am convinced is not old stock. Have they really discontinued that heritage product of which they were allegedly so proud? They ruined Hydrafloral, the best moisturiser I ever used and yes, the iris oil because, I assume, it was too expensive to make. I do still use White Magnolia oil occasionally… at least that seems the same. I only buy it when on sale at allbeauty.

Actually stop press! I just looked on their website and Prolagene is back. £65 for 400ml. I assume that isn’t out of date.

Mazza, I get the 400mls Prolagene from escentual.com who are based in Wales and wait for the 25% off they run. I have got the new packaging, so it is not out of date and I got the last one in January it was £39+! I use it on my neck under my neck cream, done that for years.

They still have a bit of an offer on it

Well now.. look at this…
Im going to keep the original…. Bit of a different tune she’s singing now isn’t it?
So is Keeley saying that Elemis don’t practice stick control ? Do they really send out a mixture of older and new stock generally or is this TSV a way of shifting what has been a major stock control cock-up ?

Latest posts

Back