Evri Chaos means its already too late for Q to get it delivered for Christmas.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Super Trouper

Go on underestimate me - that will be Fun
Today, presenters are now telling us to order by 8pm if you want items to arrive before xmas. They should have given this message 2 weeks ago and bought the last despatch date forward then. they should have been able to forsee the pandemonium coming as Royal mail strikes hit couriers.

IMO there's no way even if you order today that you can expect to receive your items by 24th, Evri cannot cope. My delivery ordered in first week of December has now just been delivered, and that was only becausee I asked where is my stuff. And don't even think about returns, Evri man said "We're not supposed to take them at the mo."

I haven't checked yet, but I thought I heard a presenter say all TSVs on the run up are now available - that's panicking. They are now showing videos of their warehouse despatching parcels, but if Evri have come to a grinding halt all you'll see on the tracking is "We're expecting it", or "We've got It", but not "out for delivery".
So I'm sorry folks but acc to my Evri man and my experience its already too late to order from QVC, they were asleep at the wheel.

Anyone else still irrate about late orders lost in the system?

i havent purchased from QVC for years, the whole country knows Royal Mail are on Strike and Evri are next to useless, To make sure customers get the orders, why dont they use DPD or DHL both do 24 or 48 hour delivery, a big company like QVC could charge the customers the same postage, and afford to write off any extra

Someone earlier in the week on the QVC Facebook was complaining the presenters should not be saying they will get orders by Christmas.

Back in the old days the week before Christmas used up delivery to 1st class but still charged £2.45

Someone earlier in the week on the QVC Facebook was complaining the presenters should not be saying they will get orders by Christmas.

Back in the old days the week before Christmas used up delivery to 1st class but still charged £2.45
If I remember they had couriers waiting at there warehouse, I think I can see why I dont shop with them anymore, as they are still living like it was back then,

I ordered a cardigan from M &S on Sunday and Evri delivered it Tuesday.
Only problem I had was a Maralan parcel and I think the problem was with Matalan.

I'm not having problems getting my parcels via Evri. Ordered from M &S and Boden on Monday, received both parcels Wednesday. My courier is fab.

Usually I get my Evri parcels quite quick.
Still waiting for last weekends Liz Earle TSV though. 🙄

The two things that I ordered recently arrived via Evri within 3 days. Nothing I’ve ordered has been for Christmas though, as I finished my gift shopping a month ago, so if they had been delayed it wouldn’t have been a problem.

The postmen on my round have also worked during the strike so I’ve still had deliveries from them as well, although they had been delayed at the main sorting office.

I did have a parcel that was delayed for 4 days in my local Evri depot a couple of weeks ago, but my courier went there and rootled about until she found it. That’s what I call good service, so I gave her some Molton Brown as a “thank you/Merry Christmas” gift.

Last edited:
I waited a very long time for my Neom TSV and complained to customer services as it sat at "we have your parcel" for over a week. It eventually turned up which was great because I considered it lost. I requested by £6 postage back from QVC but they are yet to respond. I sold something in eBay yesterday, sent it DPD Local and dropped it off at a local shop at 5pm yesterday. I just checked and it is out for delivery today which was completely unexpected but very pleasing and it cost less than £6 insured.

They’ve got extra because of RM strikes … even 23rd and 24th December now .., nice ….so it’s understandable
Yes, I actually have a good deal of sympathy for Evri. Mostly for the drivers. My local driver works extremely hard, is under a lot of pressure but is still polite and friendly.
I did order some items as presents in October or November, so I'm not sweating on Q for anything.
It's good to have a hard and fast rule on online shopping: get it done by the end of November. It was an Amazon experience many years ago that reinforced that for me.

I had a nightmare with Evri a couple of weeks ago. We used to have a great courier man but he`s either left or changed routes because in recent times it`s been a pic n mix of different drivers.
I ordered some bedding and towels from Matalan and when the parcel was delivered the guy left it on the doorstep, didn`t knock and was driving away by the time Mr V got to the door.
I noticed the bag had yards of clear tape around it and it didn`t seem big enough to contain the stuff I`d ordered. In short the bag had been slit, my stuff taken, replaced with a bunch of tat odds and sods, not even Matalan brands and then taped back up with clear tape so the photo the driver had taken of it on the step actually looked like a legit delivery. Whether he took it or the stuff was taken in the depot, we don`t know. I couldn`t even contact Evri, their robot chat thing is useless, they charge £6 to ring them and Matalan were a nightmare asking me to return the stuff to them before they`d give me a refund. I said look, the stuff isn`t your brand (it was Studio brand mens sweatshirt, Juicy Couture girls leggings, a little boys T shirt and some Fresh Feet socks so nothing like bedding and towels I`d actually ordered ) so if I return them to you then you won`t recognise them because you don`t sell them and I`ll still not get my refund because you`ll be thinking I`m trying to diddle you. In the end I opened a case with Paypal and got my refund.

I have a regular Evri guy - he’s been delivering late at night - always friendly and helpful . This week had day afternoon deliveries with different Evri staff - my TJC orders are being received 48/72 hours after ordering - some by Royal Mail,Amazon (!) and Evri - had the odd hiccup with both QVC and TJC but seem to be getting orders dispatched quickly (thankfully !)

The two things that I ordered recently arrived via Evri within 3 days. Nothing I’ve ordered has been for Christmas though, as I finished my gift shopping a month ago, so if they had been delayed it wouldn’t have been a problem.

The postmen on my round have also worked during the strike so I’ve still had deliveries from them as well, although they had been delayed at the main sorting office.

I did have a parcel that was delayed for 4 days in my local Evri depot a couple of weeks ago, but my courier went there and rootled about until she found it. That’s what I call good service, so I gave her some Molton Brown as a “thank you/Merry Christmas” gift.
Well 2 days of postal strikes and today no post been seen by anyone in our neighbourhood.

My Evri driver is really good and I've had everything I ordered. All my Christmas presents were ordered at the beginning of December and sent direct to family as I'm not going there until New Year. Every person and every company has known about the postal strikes and the knock on effect to delivery companies so leaving it to the last minute isn't a good idea. I hope everyone gets their gifts for Christmas - the only one that hasn't arrived and doesn't look like doing so is mine :rolleyes: I'll cope.

CC

We have had 3 orders left by Evri on the doormat in full view of any passersby. No knock on the door, and the doorbell wasnt rung. The photos as proof of delivery are of a bunch of parcels in the back of the van. I left 1 star rating for them with an explanation. Yesterday they left a parcel behind a flower trough, although still no knock or ring on the bell. That last delivery came after 9pm so I do think that they are exceptionally busy probably due to the PO strikes. However it takes just a second to ring a doorbell or bang on the door.......

We have had 3 orders left by Evri on the doormat in full view of any passersby. No knock on the door, and the doorbell wasnt rung. The photos as proof of delivery are of a bunch of parcels in the back of the van. I left 1 star rating for them with an explanation. Yesterday they left a parcel behind a flower trough, although still no knock or ring on the bell. That last delivery came after 9pm so I do think that they are exceptionally busy probably due to the PO strikes. However it takes just a second to ring a doorbell or bang on the door.......
Our Amazon delivery man has started leaving my OH's items outside our porch. We leave the porch open so they can be left there and have in the past put that down on the delivery details. However, Amazon don't have that option any more and although he leaves mine in the porch, he leaves my OH's by the porch in plain sight. It is really annoying.

Latest posts

Back