Ex Shop! and QVC Guest Debi Jones shamelessly pitches new idea on national radio

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
Go to the BBC iPlayer and choose Going Out With Alan Carr, last saturday 30h January on Radio 2. Go to 29:00 mins into the programme. Alan and Emma are asking people to phone in with ideas for new inventions.

Bug*er me if one "Debi Jones" doesnt ring in pitching an idea for a new make up removal machine!

She's so at ease and chatty (she used to present on BBC Radio Southport or something) that Carr eventually susses out that she sounds a bit TOO good and asks if she's a sales woman.

Debi chuckles and fesses up that she is an ex telly shopping presenter.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00qfy4z/Going_Out_With_Alan_Carr_30_01_2010/

good clip!

I used to like her-my daughter used to call her 'alien woman' but as she was quite young at the time,she couldn't explain to me why! The guy that now does the plastic knives on QVC-didn't he used to be on that shopping channel with her? Gosh that seems like SUCH along time ago! My ex bought us a box for Christmas and paid the years subscription,but after the year was up I couldn't afford to resubscribe,so back it went. I missed alien woman for a while (although I never ever bought anything-buying from a shopping channel seemed so risky lol! If only I knew the real risk ie spending far too much,especially on p&p!)

yeap she was on SHOP! with simon brown who guests for cooks essentials on QVC. anthony heywood started on SHOP! too.
i had the OnDigital service, there were lots of really bad channels produced by Granada and presented by all of the D-List local radio presenters round here in the north west - Debi Jones being one of them.
she was funny though.

I think she also rang into The Wright Stuff a few months back to, if I remember right it was a phone-in on photies in magazines were adult models are made to look sexy but under-age.

Isn't she also a prospective Conservative candidate, or am I thinking of somebody else?!!

she probably does it so she can legitimately put on her CV
"BBC Radio 2 Feb 2010 - Appearance with Allan Carr"

Latest posts

Back