Festive food product ideas for QVC to flog

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Greg

Registered Shopper
  1. 5 miniature 'kilner' jars (50ml each) of 'craft beers from North Essex' - £35 + p&p
  2. 6 mini Christmas shortcake fingers in tiny Christmas crackers £25 + p&p
  3. 10 'Andi Peters' mulled wine 'pigs in blankets' dipped in mint chocolate £45 + p&p

Over to you for food suggestions... :mysmilie_59:

6 Christmas themed empty carrier bags for £20 plus p and p to carry home the meat you`ve had to dash to the supermarket for just before closing time on Christmas Eve because your Green Seasons stuff didn`t arrive.

6 Christmas themed empty carrier bags for £20 plus p and p to carry home the meat you`ve had to dash to the supermarket for just before closing time on Christmas Eve because your Green Seasons stuff didn`t arrive.

Reminds me of this product presentation on the US QVC in the 1990's (I kid ye not!).

Reminds me of this product presentation on the US QVC in the 1990's (I kid ye not!).

I LOVE that? I love cats, I love the one in the demo, I love the way it shows about as much interest in the item (even though most cats do love bags) as I do in most of QVC's "fashion" (amongst other things), I love the presenter and his delivery, I love that he so blatantly takes the p out of the product, I love the badly hidden sniggers of the staff in the studio. Is it real or a spoof though? I wish QVC UK were like that now.

I LOVE that? I love cats, I love the one in the demo, I love the way it shows about as much interest in the item (even though most cats do love bags) as I do in most of QVC's "fashion" (amongst other things), I love the presenter and his delivery, I love that he so blatantly takes the p out of the product, I love the badly hidden sniggers of the staff in the studio. Is it real or a spoof though? I wish QVC UK were like that now.

I think it's wonderful how blatently skeptical the presenter is.

It comes across more honest than the quickfire insincere gushing of the food gifts by the presenters being peddled on QVC today

I think it's wonderful how blatently skeptical the presenter is.

I know. Brilliant, isn't it? The only presenter I can imagine getting anywhere near that is Jackie Kabler. I know she's not popular on here but I always admired her irreverence ... sadly lacking these days now that the honesty and attitude have been knocked out of her.

I'll be watching that video more than once.

And don't forget the 5p carrier bag charge, that's another 30p

I know. Brilliant, isn't it? The only presenter I can imagine getting anywhere near that is Jackie Kabler. I know she's not popular on here but I always admired her irreverence ... sadly lacking these days now that the honesty and attitude have been knocked out of her.

I'll be watching that video more than once.

I think her penance for the honesty is to be seen in the awful spaniel's ears hairdo she is now sporting. Her look previously was very polished and smart. Now she's being dragged down to the level of the other presenters... seems it's just not allowed for a female presenter to have hair which doesn't touch the shoulders.

Back in the day, I think Julian Ballantine would have filled the mould of this US Cat Sack presenter perfectly.

I think her penance for the honesty is to be seen in the awful spaniel's ears hairdo she is now sporting. Her look previously was very polished and smart. Now she's being dragged down to the level of the other presenters... seems it's just not allowed for a female presenter to have hair which doesn't touch the shoulders.

Back in the day, I think Julian Ballantine would have filled the mould of this US Cat Sack presenter perfectly.

Back in the day when I was a QVC shopper, JB was the only presenter I can honestly say I could listen to and enjoyed his presentations. In the beginning QVC were looked on as a joke, then peaked and now they've crossed the line back in to being a joke again that I feel will stay with them till their overheads cost too much to maintain, without their prices being even more hilarious, what with the faux amazement, everything is super/smashing/brilliant and amazing but more importantly, their prices are a joke.

Ah, let's take a moment to remember Julian! I did like him. What about that guy in the Haribo ads (I know he used to be on QVC, but before I started watching)? Didn't he have a reputation for mischief?

Good point about JK's hair. They've managed to tame that particular Stepford Wife.

Ah, let's take a moment to remember Julian! I did like him. What about that guy in the Haribo ads (I know he used to be on QVC, but before I started watching)? Didn't he have a reputation for mischief?

Good point about JK's hair. They've managed to tame that particular Stepford Wife.

Paul Lavers in the Haribo ads, and yes he was a bit of a prankster. I think Peter Simon at IW would like to think he's in the same mould (in his wildest dreams). The nearest to the prankish behaviour at QVC these days is undoubtedly Chloe Everton.

I am totally fascinated by the behaviour of Jackie's hair. From an immovable but stylish helmet of hair to this strange "cooked noodle" strands bobbing around her face... and she appears to totally ignore it (possibly the only way to go).

I wonder, at what point does she rebel and go back to a decent hairdresser for a proper cut?

I'm not a huge fan of longer hair on most women past 40... but there are honorable exceptions where it looks nice, but for most of these ladies a shorter hairstyle would take years off them. The only reason I can see for the growing of the locks is that it is supposedly more youthful to have long hair... plus there is more scope for the behind the scenes team to twirl and curl their hair.

Latest posts

Back